Is the ultimate 1/6 scale Darth Vader on the way?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is the ultimate 1/6 scale Darth Vader on the way?

• Yes of course, piece of cake for SSC! And for a reasonable price too!

Votes: 17 18.3%
  • Yes, but it will cost us...

Votes: 17 18.3%
  • No way SSC can make this "the ultimate Darth Vader".

Votes: 36 38.7%
  • Not sure.

Votes: 23 24.7%

• Total voters
For me:
Better than Hasbro
Affordable
Correct scale

Thats ultimate enough for me.
Sounds crazy, but I dig you totally! A Vader that fits in with all their previous SW releases sounds cool, but this should be reflected in the price. I'd hate it if SSC would try to push on us a Vader that's below Medicom quality, for a Medicom price. I always thought that the Medicom figures are over priced anyways. I wonder what's up with the price for the Medicom Royal Guard? $ 165 for such a simple figure?? Is that the oil price again, the devaluation of the US Dollar, or a combination of both? In the end it's just the exploitation of the brainless, willing to pay that kind of money for an ... upgraded toy. Yes, yes, ... I've ordered one too...

I think in a way, this is SSC's make-or-break figure. I mean we're talking about the Star Wars icon here, so I think they're gonna make sure its on the money.

Unless Hurricane is part of the development team I doubt it will be the ultimate 1/6 Vader. It could still be very nice though.

For me:
Better than Hasbro
Affordable
Correct scale

Thats ultimate enough for me.

What about correct helmet size and proportionate arms with having gloved hands? I guess those really don't mean much :lol

Ok - I think the topic was poorly defined based on the results.

It seems alot of people here interpreted it to mean Sideshow would build one version to represent all screen version of vader.

I interpreted it to mean SSC would build the best vader out there.

Only way I can understand the results of the poll.

Best display scenes:
ROTS: Vader, Palps and Tarkin on the bridge.
ANH: Storming the Tantive; Obi Wan duel
ESB: Arms behind the back looking out over the bridge; Luke Duel; finger in Boba's face.
ROTJ: Standing behind Luke by the turbo lift; Big Luke battle.

I'm Vadered out already. :p

I kind of am too. For some reason I'm not neary as excited about this announcement as I thought I would be. Of course that will probably change once I see an actual picture of the fig but for now its not that big a deal.

Part of it could be that 2005 rammed Vader down everyone's throats. I'm still a bit burned out on the character, actually... particurlarly the "idealized" ROTS version.

I'm not so much burned out on the character,it's armored figures in general I'm sick of,Medicom make little else and now SSC are going to be going a similar route I now have 2 companies making 1/6 Star Wars figures I couldn't care less about.
There are other licenses I collect from but I would like more than 7 Star Wars characters in my 1/6 collection.

Last edited:
I don't know if this will be the end-all figure... but I think that Sideshow is poised to make the best 1/6 version out there. Medicom is near perfect except for the size and Hasbro are toys.

Sideshow seems to have gotten the armor for General Kenobi right and for the Scout Trooper... so I think its likely that they will have the best figure yet. However, in 5 or 10 years we could have a new player make something that we can't even imagine.

Oh and I would guess he'll be somewhere around $129.99. Especially since the armored Kenobi was only $89.99. I can't see Sideshow charging more than $40 extra for Vader.

Oh and I would guess he'll be somewhere around $129.99. Especially since the armored Kenobi was only $89.99. I can't see Sideshow charging more than $40 extra for Vader.

Me, either. And that's including electronic lights. Without, this should be no more than $110-$120 based on their current pricing (and using Clone Obi-Wan as the bellweather).

Me, either. And that's including electronic lights. Without, this should be no more than $110-$120 based on their current pricing (and using Clone Obi-Wan as the bellweather).

Well by then I should have about $70 in rewards points so that will make it a little easier to get if its only $50 for me.

Back