Is Sideshow gearing itself AWAY from 1/6 Figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$150 vs $60, that's a pretty big difference. I guess a better question would be if SSC decided to jump into HT's price range, can SSC make a product either meet or beat HT's stuff?

Sideshow has jumped into HT's price range, their GI Joe figures are nearly the same price as HT figures.
Hot Toy's Silk Specter II, Marcus Wright, John Connor, and the T-700 can be bought for $130.50 The HT Apes can be found for around $115.
Exclusive Duke is $125, Storm Shadow is $120, and Snake Eyes was $120 too.
That's a mere $10 difference in most cases.
I feel Sideshow has given up even trying to be the best. Hot Toys goes out of their way to improve their figures. Did they have to engineer a new upper body just for Wolverine?....no, would Sideshow ever do that....of coarse not. Would SSC delay the release of a figure or send out replacement heads just because the head is painted a little poor as HT did on John Connor?....nope. Would HT ever release an Ark that looked as poor as Sideshow's?...I don't think so. HT just seems to care a bit more about what they produce.

Sideshow is still trying to play catch up instead of setting the trend, unfortunately.

Back