Is Patient Zero the MOST overpriced Sideshow Collectible?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is Patient Zero the MOST overpriced Sideshow Collectible

• Yes.

Votes: 39 47.0%
  • No, I know of more overpriced pieces by SSC

Votes: 35 42.2%
  • Maybe? Unsure of others...

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • What is Patient Zero?

Votes: 5 6.0%

• Total voters
Am I the only one who's never seen this "Patient Zero" figure? Anyone have a pic?

Thanks.
Eric

Far left...

the_dead.jpg

i was mostly considering what you get for the price, secondary market value not considered. to put into perspective, the current cost of a PZ is more than a SIM.

What you get for the price has to be more finely tuned in terms of a statement. Right now PZ is going for $350 but the Doom PF is going for around $1100 both are more than the original pricing, I know its apples to oranges but for the original pricing PZ was a steal IMHO, for the after market 12" figures, there have been some in the buffy line and at one point in the Star Wars line when Jabba was first announced, Jedi Lukes took an amazing upswing, that are on par with PZ.

if you weren't knowledgeable to the collector market, you liked both ironman comics and the dead movies, and you saw both items next to eachother on display, which would you say was worth the $300 pricetag?

This is also difficult because many collectors are casual fans of Iron Man and don't know the Stealth Armor but you're talking about a piece currently selling to a piece selling strictly on the secondary market....that's also an unfair comparison. To make it line up you'd have to put the original IM Comiquette against PZ which the original IM is around $600+ for the standard issue and look at value but the implication is understood.

Also there are no DEAD movies. THE DEAD is a completely independant figure line of any license created for Sideshow Collectibles by Brian Dooley.

What you get for the price has to be more finely tuned in terms of a statement. Right now PZ is going for $350 but the Doom PF is going for around $1100 both are more than the original pricing, I know its apples to oranges but for the original pricing PZ was a steal IMHO, for the after market 12" figures, there have been some in the buffy line and at one point in the Star Wars line when Jabba was first announced, Jedi Lukes took an amazing upswing, that are on par with PZ.

This is also difficult because many collectors are casual fans of Iron Man and don't know the Stealth Armor but you're talking about a piece currently selling to a piece selling strictly on the secondary market....that's also an unfair comparison. To make it line up you'd have to put the original IM Comiquette against PZ which the original IM is around $600+ for the standard issue and look at value but the implication is understood.

Also there are no DEAD movies. THE DEAD is a completely independant figure line of any license created for Sideshow Collectibles by Brian Dooley.

this got way more complicated than my original comments in which this poll was based on. :slap

maybe i can start again.

pretend you were in a comic store for the first time. you never bought a comic or figure in your life, you never bought or sold on ebay so you have NO idea of even what a secondary market is. pretend you saw a SIM and PZ on display, side by side. based on what you saw, the eye pleasing look of both figures, the materials they were made of, and the overall 'wowness' of the figures.

which item, SIM or PZ would you think was worth $300?

taking all these into consideration, i would think SIM was heads above PZ. i mean, it lights up! what more can you want than shiny? :D

this got way more complicated than my original comments in which this poll was based on. :slap

maybe i can start again.

pretend you were in a comic store for the first time. you never bought a comic or figure in your life, you never bought or sold on ebay so you have NO idea of even what a secondary market is. pretend you saw a SIM and PZ on display, side by side. based on what you saw, the eye pleasing look of both figures, the materials they were made of, and the overall 'wowness' of the figures.

which item, SIM or PZ would you think was worth $300?

taking all these into consideration, i would think SIM was heads above PZ. i mean, it lights up! what more can you want than shiny? :D

YEAH BUT IF YOU ENTERED THAT STORE,IF PATIENT ZERO WAS 300$ THAN THE STEALTH IRON MAN WOULD BE 700$ :lol:monkey3

YEAH BUT IF YOU ENTERED THAT STORE,IF PATIENT ZERO WAS 300$ THAN THE STEALTH IRON MAN WOULD BE 700$ :lol:monkey3

...and both had a $300 price tag on them.

did you guys ever work for those companies that put the really small words at the bottom of the screen that you can't read and flash much too quickly?

based on 68 payments of $654.23, plus tax, tags, setup fee, bend over fee....etc. :lol

I understand the point even if it isn't direct but as the poll shows it isn't the most overpriced SSC piece at least in these collector's minds.

Who is to say though that when someone walked in to that store they didn't say "Wow, that blue guy must suck since his statue is the same price as that zombie figure".....remember you said they've never bought or read or anything before walking in....

Sorry for the Zombie Necropost... but it looks like now is a good time to get a PZ if you can.

On eBay the last one sold for $305... which is a lot better than the $500+ that was happening a while back.

I WILL NOT PAY OVER $50..er $60...er ...I WILL NOT PAY OVER $100...er $150...er I JUST WON'T PAY NO $300 FOR NO 12" FIGURE!!!!!!!:rotfl:lol:

so THERE!!!!!

anyone have a spare PZ to sell....cheap?

I farted around with the idea of buying this guy for my collection. I have a few of the exclusives, but I'm no completest, so for me, it doesn't pay off to invest that much into a another zombie for my collection. There are other things I would rather spend that kinda money!

I wouldn't say he was the most overpriced but I would definitely not pay $300 + for him.
I simply don't think hes worth it. Out of all the zombies hes the one I like the least.

Maybe the question should be 'has zero increased from original retail by the greatest percentage?"

I've thought about buying one, doing a resculpt/recast like Darren has done with Legolas and Anakin and then reselling the figure. I like the way it looks I would just have executed it a little differently. Give him little round patches on his temples where leads were connected and make a nice bloody patient gown for that 'lab rat' feel.

For me, it probably comes down to the fact that I'm more of a statue collector than a 12" or 1/6 . It means I have a hard time paying a hundred dollars for a figure. I have the HT ALIEN Kane and Dallas figures on order and those will be the most I've ever spent on figures.

Then again, as wide as my interests actually are, I have to be pretty strict in what I choose, that usually means everything LOTR comes first. But it also means that I can't do Star Wars 12" (at least as a completist, Vader and a couple of Stormies may be an exception), I can't do Universal Horror (as much as I deeply love those movies and those characters) and unfortunately, it means I can't get THE DEAD.

I love em. Each piece gets even better. But between cost and having to choose amongst everything out there, I just can't get THE DEAD and I can't (or won't) pay that much for PATIENT ZERO.

The funniest thing about this thread is that it was started when PZ was around $300-$350....good to see things haven't changed.

I agree 300 is too much but I do think he is one of the best they ever produced. I paid the regular price though and have for all of them.

Here I am killing him in an RE bash.

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

More here,
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=540&ppuser=808

or here,
https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/photo/showgallery.php?cat=500&page=14&ppuser=207

I wouldn't say he was the most overpriced but I would definitely not pay $300 + for him.
I simply don't think hes worth it. Out of all the zombies hes the one I like the least.

Back