Is nobody making custom figures anymore ??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone so much! It's been a lot of work and positive comments make it more worthwhile!
In regards to Amanaman's height- the screen captures/reference pics are difficult to nail down his exact height. So I did my best at approximating his height to other 1/6 scale figures and do think it's a pretty good approximation from the limited references that are available. He's a tad under 13" and when I compare that to some of the screen grabs, it's pretty darn close!

That's interesting. I suppose you could defer to the height of Hasbro's 3" Amanaman relative to Jedi Luke too. Figures after 1997 seem to get fairly accurate with scale.

EDIT: Looks like you're dead on...

vintage-star-wars-last-17-job-lot-bundle-used-amanaman-anakin-r2-d2-pop-up-luke.jpg

amanaman h.jpg

Last edited:
Staff complete! Amanaman is such big boi lol. I paired him with some other figures to give a sense of scale. Now that the first one is done I can start producing painted or unpainted kits for anyone who wants one.

View attachment 464974
View attachment 464975
View attachment 464976

Wow, great work.:clap As mentioned before, I'm down for an unpainted kit. It's going to fun painting it.

The height looks great. In the ref pics, he looks to be maybe 6" taller than a Gamorrean Guard.

Absolutely awesome job, Cagoda!! Your Amanaman is easily one of the best and coolest custom figures I've ever seen. Outstanding work! :clap

I'd like to post an update on my Yak-Face here too. I finished all of the basics of the outfit. The figure still needs alterations and several added details, but those changes won't make much of a dramatic difference. So, I took three photos (with different lighting for each) intending them to match reference pics.

The first set below shows all three with full-body views of the costume. And below that are cropped versions for side-by-side comparisons to the reference images. There's no way I could properly simulate the dark lighting with what I've got to work with, though. :(

The Yak-Face head has backward and forward articulation, but not much as far as tilting sideways. That also prevented me from recreating the scenes more accurately (and the Ree-Yees head having no articulation didn't help). But, I think these are close enough overall to do a comparison of various aspects.

View attachment 464977

View attachment 464978

View attachment 464979

That looks incredible. Are you offering this as a kit or custom-built figure?

And you mentioned how big his head is, I found this pic below. It's on a woman's body in this pic and she might be shorter but it's a big head.

48633667767_c6d4034166_k.jpg

Yet somehow I think ajp hasn't finished yet.

You are correct. I'm still tinkering with some things to see if I can enhance how accurate the figure looks.

When it comes to working on custom figures, I just need to change one letter in Luke's now-famous line: "No one's ever really done."

That looks incredible. Are you offering this as a kit or custom-built figure?

Definitely not as a kit. Right now, I intended to make just a few complete Yak-Face figures for requests I got from before I even showed the outfitted pics. I'm going to gauge my willingness to make more after finishing those. But I'll add you to that first round of these if you'd want one. No one has been more helpful or supportive whenever I've posted my custom stuff, so I'd be glad to make you one. Just PM me if you're interested, and I'll let you know the particulars.

And you mentioned how big his head is, I found this pic below. It's on a woman's body in this pic and she might be shorter but it's a big head.

Yep. The Yak-Face head is far larger than most creature masks. The Gentle Giant bust and the Hasbro figures all have heads that are significantly underscaled. Casting one of these suckers takes about 4x the amount of resin as a normal-sized head casting.

BTW, that's a great reference pic. I'd never seen that one before (I wish I had it when I was sculpting this one :lol). Thanks for posting it! :duff

Dude Talibane is the man for finding obscure reference pics haha. He helped me with solidifying the upper part of Amanaman?s staff with just one random reference pic. 😂

If possible I?d like a YakFace too! How much do you think you?ll be selling those for? Excellent job so far as always!

I would like an Amanaman and Yakface as well... but first I have to figure out a way to get DR37 to help me get one of those Benthic Two-Tubes when he's done!!! :D

Dude Talibane is the man for finding obscure reference pics haha. He helped me with solidifying the upper part of Amanaman?s staff with just one random reference pic. 😂

If possible I?d like a YakFace too! How much do you think you?ll be selling those for? Excellent job so far as always!

Yeah, I love hunting down rare pics of the more obscure stuff in SW.

Not sure if this is a rarer view or not, but here's another pic of the Yakface mask from a 1990s show:

48644990748_49d8ab3bcd_k.jpg

I just started some custom projects, I just haven?t had much time lately to work on anything. First: custom Poe Dameron pilot, 2: conversion of enfys nest hasbro 12? to being better lol. 3: dagobah diorama

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I would like an Amanaman and Yakface as well... but first I have to figure out a way to get DR37 to help me get one of those Benthic Two-Tubes when he's done!!! :D

Man, this was a bit harder than I thought it?d be but things have been going pretty well with the custom Benthic :)
I?ve had to scratch build many parts for this: Bone plates for the hands (almost accurate but good enough for now), his little monocular that hangs around his neck, shoulder armor, and the backpack. Still waiting for some pieces for him to be able to wear it but he?s pretty much finished. Everything?s done, except Rifle needs paint - had to rework the barrel after seeing some other images. Head sculpt paint came out way better than i thought it would considering it was my first attempt at painting a dolly head :)
I don?t wanna post any shots until everything is done and on the figure but here?s a couple of his back pack and a side by side. Some little details I left out but might add later on.

1B24F929-401E-41C7-BD54-4279865812DD.jpeg

64C28AB9-37A7-404A-8D6E-D5D9A3E32747.jpg

Another amazing job! I don't know how you guys do this but its truly a valuable skill!!

May I ask what book you're using for reference?

That?s is incredible!

BTW
I keep getting ?banned IP address? and loading issues no matter if I use Wi-Fi, cellular, different devices, etc. very intermittent but about 90% of the time I have problems. So not posting much. No reply from administrators.

That?s is incredible!

BTW
I keep getting ?banned IP address? and loading issues no matter if I use Wi-Fi, cellular, different devices, etc. very intermittent but about 90% of the time I have problems. So not posting much. No reply from administrators.

Yeah the sub is a mess right now. The admins aren?t responding at all

Another ref pic of Yak Face (blow-up from part of a polaroid so not great detail):

XlVVhnz.png

Man, this was a bit harder than I thought it?d be but things have been going pretty well with the custom Benthic :)
I?ve had to scratch build many parts for this: Bone plates for the hands (almost accurate but good enough for now), his little monocular that hangs around his neck, shoulder armor, and the backpack. Still waiting for some pieces for him to be able to wear it but he?s pretty much finished. Everything?s done, except Rifle needs paint - had to rework the barrel after seeing some other images. Head sculpt paint came out way better than i thought it would considering it was my first attempt at painting a dolly head :)
I don?t wanna post any shots until everything is done and on the figure but here?s a couple of his back pack and a side by side. Some little details I left out but might add later on.

View attachment 465988

View attachment 465989

That looks great. I'm so enamored with this figure project. Can't wait to see the final. I bet its amazing.

You're going to have the best -- and likely only -- 1/6th Benthic in the world.

Looking good there already, can't wait for the finished figure.

Thanks Mati :duff

That looks great. I'm so enamored with this figure project. Can't wait to see the final. I bet its amazing.

You're going to have the best -- and likely only -- 1/6th Benthic in the world.

Thanks man, but The Darkness Predator will be the only guy with BOTH Two-Tubes Twins! :gah:

So it?s a bit frustrating since the long awaited waist-pouch and backpack straps came damaged and will most likely take another 2-3 wks for the replacements to arrive from China. I was hoping to finish this weekend. Also ran into some paint problems with the rifle that I?ll hopefully solve this weekend. So here?s what I?ve put together until backpack and rifle are complete.

Ive since changed up some tiny details since I took these shots...

5758842C-62C6-4288-83FF-82C08B11EE60.jpeg

...and where he?s at now.

Today I installed magnets at the end of his tubes and in the receiving ends on the back pack for easy dismantalling.

2476932E-9A0C-4AC9-B6B2-7AB1F5D3B942.jpg

Back