Is nobody making custom figures anymore ??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Staff complete! Amanaman is such big boi lol. I paired him with some other figures to give a sense of scale. Now that the first one is done I can start producing painted or unpainted kits for anyone who wants one.

0-2.jpeg
0-4.jpeg
0-5.jpeg

Brilliant work! I love the attention to detail and dedication.

:bow

Thanks so much! :bow
I hope the finished product ends up as a well rounded rendition of the character :)

Really outstanding work these last couple of pages from D.R.37 and melanarus. WOW!!

D.R.37: that Benthic tunic is fantastic! If your avatar hadn't given it away, your custom build of the guy is more than enough proof of how much of a fan you are. Excellent job all around. :clap I hope we get to see your continued progress.

Thank you very much!
He?s been at the top my ?most wanted but low probability of being made? list of figures. I?ll be posting more shots the further I get :)

Wow! Everything looks awesome.

That Benthic is Absolutely incredible!

Thanks Steven! Especially for getting my gears turning with your previous post of your figure and recipe; as well as introducing me to Mati :duff Can?t wait to see your future creations, always so well done!

Paul, wonderful job on Benthic so far. That custom jacket looks great!

Thanks Chris! :duff I hope to able to continue setting time aside to keep working on it :) Very much looking forward to seeing your Rogue One Rebels come to life!

Absolutely awesome job, Cagoda!! Your Amanaman is easily one of the best and coolest custom figures I've ever seen. Outstanding work! :clap

I'd like to post an update on my Yak-Face here too. I finished all of the basics of the outfit. The figure still needs alterations and several added details, but those changes won't make much of a dramatic difference. So, I took three photos (with different lighting for each) intending them to match reference pics.

The first set below shows all three with full-body views of the costume. And below that are cropped versions for side-by-side comparisons to the reference images. There's no way I could properly simulate the dark lighting with what I've got to work with, though. :(

The Yak-Face head has backward and forward articulation, but not much as far as tilting sideways. That also prevented me from recreating the scenes more accurately (and the Ree-Yees head having no articulation didn't help). But, I think these are close enough overall to do a comparison of various aspects.

YakDone02a.jpg

YakDone01a.jpg

YakDone01c.jpg

Thanks everyone!! Your words really mean a lot and I?m excited to get the ball rolling on Amanaman for everyone that wants one! It definitely takes time though! 😬

And ajp4mgs your work continues to astound me!! Such a great job on Yakface, I love him! You should definitely make kits, that sculpt is fantastic. I think the way you did the hair is both my favorite part and makes the figure so much more screen accurate!

Sweet phantom lord. I?ve been away working and haven?t had too much time to get on the boards and I gotta tell you all, what a fantastic and wonderful world to walk back into. DR37, the Benthic figure is on par with Hot Toys. He looks fantastic!

Cagoda, you?ve made dreams come true on this board. Amanaman was a grail figure for all of us and you not only did you make him but he?s a work of art. Just phenomenal.

ajp, you?ve done another grail! Your Yakface is unbeatable. I?m on board to get one! Looking at the figure next to the stills from the movie is like a mirrored representation of him! I have no words! It?s beautiful!!!

Amazing work my friends!!! I just finished my Hermi Odle and I?m beginning to complete my Ephant Mon. I?m so excited to be surrounded by so many artistic Titans and must say your works are such an inspiration! Kudos all around!

I agree with all of the kudos for all of the recent custom showings.

A lot of great artists on here, doing some amazing things.

Very inspirational! Taking notes!

-
Dennis

Damn , this place is on fire lately...

Staff complete! Amanaman is such big boi lol. I paired him with some other figures to give a sense of scale. Now that the first one is done I can start producing painted or unpainted kits for anyone who wants one.

View attachment 464974
View attachment 464975
View attachment 464976

Insane work on Amanaman! Looks like the actual character AND the Hasbro figure have jumped off the screen/shelf.

I never actually noticed how tall Amanaman was... is that about accurate to Luke?

Absolutely awesome job, Cagoda!! Your Amanaman is easily one of the best and coolest custom figures I've ever seen. Outstanding work! :clap

I'd like to post an update on my Yak-Face here too. I finished all of the basics of the outfit. The figure still needs alterations and several added details, but those changes won't make much of a dramatic difference. So, I took three photos (with different lighting for each) intending them to match reference pics.

The first set below shows all three with full-body views of the costume. And below that are cropped versions for side-by-side comparisons to the reference images. There's no way I could properly simulate the dark lighting with what I've got to work with, though. :(

The Yak-Face head has backward and forward articulation, but not much as far as tilting sideways. That also prevented me from recreating the scenes more accurately (and the Ree-Yees head having no articulation didn't help). But, I think these are close enough overall to do a comparison of various aspects.

View attachment 464977

View attachment 464978

View attachment 464979

And then there's this incredible Yakface! I mean, the comparisons with the screengrabs really say it all. Can't do much better. Yet somehow I think ajp hasn't finished yet.

Really astounding work.

Insane work on Amanaman! Looks like the actual character AND the Hasbro figure have jumped off the screen/shelf.

I never actually noticed how tall Amanaman was... is that about accurate to Luke?

Thanks everyone so much! It's been a lot of work and positive comments make it more worthwhile!
In regards to Amanaman's height- the screen captures/reference pics are difficult to nail down his exact height. So I did my best at approximating his height to other 1/6 scale figures and do think it's a pretty good approximation from the limited references that are available. He's a tad under 13" and when I compare that to some of the screen grabs, it's pretty darn close!

Yakface and Reeyees came out great Ajp especially when out side by side with those screenshots :clap

Sweet phantom lord. I?ve been away working and haven?t had too much time to get on the boards and I gotta tell you all, what a fantastic and wonderful world to walk back into. DR37, the Benthic figure is on par with Hot Toys. He looks fantastic!

Haha, I?m not too sure about that but very flattering! Thank you very much :)
Hope you post some of your new customs when done :)

Thanks for all the compliments of Capt Keeli and Sgt Hound and Grizzer guys! It's mean so much to get that wonderful feedback! Much more to come before the end of the year!

Back