Is Loontentoys on eBay good? UK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Preordered from him once. Months after every where else on the planet had been supplied he was still making excuses and refusing a refund. Had to put in a paypal dispute. Was outside of ebay's feedback period but def would have neg'd him. Don't trust the ebay feedback where preorders are involved because those burnt can't use it. I get that sometimes things go wrong, but lying and refusing refunds when your months past promised dates is not on.

I've only had one experience. Single ANH Stormtrooper last year. Shipped the next day. Packaged very well. Figure was perfect.

I wouldn't pre order from the overseas sellers, just get those which are in stock.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Never preorder. Especially on ebay.

I don't see the problem with pre ordering on eBay. I've done it many times. You're covered by eBay for pre orders. If there is a problem you just need to explain the issue when you raise a case against a seller. They wouldn't let sellers list as "pre order" if you were not covered in their refund policy.

I've only purchased in-stock items and it's been fine. He also had no problem lowering the value for international postage.

Any UK collectors able to vouch for him lowering the value and not receiving import charges?
I can [emoji6] the prices of the figures have gone up a fair bit on the newer stuff.

Yeah me too. I must have had 10+ pre-orders with him over the years and never had a single problem. The only reason I stopped was that having to pay upfront got expensive.

I tend to avoid pre-orders as well, things get delayed and I'm out of pocket until the figure is released.

So closer to the release there's no reason not to order with him? Does his not come with brown shippers also, is it just the boxes?

So closer to the release there's no reason not to order with him? Does his not come with brown shippers also, is it just the boxes?
Mine did come in a brown box, but it wasn't the Hot Toys one as it was just plain. Exactly the same type of box though.

Thanks for the info, as long as it comes in a hipper box of sorts, I'm not fussed if it has the official Hot Toys writings on the brown shipper.

These definitely are real Hot Toys, though right. I feel like it's a stupid question to ask as so many people vouch for him, I just can't get past how much cheaper they are, especially if he ships them with lower value, living in the UK buying from him will save about £50 per piece!

Thanks for the info, as long as it comes in a hipper box of sorts, I'm not fussed if it has the official Hot Toys writings on the brown shipper.

These definitely are real Hot Toys, though right. I feel like it's a stupid question to ask as so many people vouch for him, I just can't get past how much cheaper they are, especially if he ships them with lower value, living in the UK buying from him will save about £50 per piece!
Check out KG Hobby, they've got Chewie for £163, TFA Snowtrooper £112, Finn & stormtrooper at £200 in their sale. They also mark them as not to get hit with import charges.

Check out KG Hobby, they've got Chewie for £163, TFA Snowtrooper £112, Finn & stormtrooper at £200 in their sale. They also mark them as not to get hit with import charges.

Wow that's a great price for Chewy!

Preordered from him once. Months after every where else on the planet had been supplied he was still making excuses and refusing a refund. Had to put in a paypal dispute. Was outside of ebay's feedback period but def would have neg'd him. Don't trust the ebay feedback where preorders are involved because those burnt can't use it. I get that sometimes things go wrong, but lying and refusing refunds when your months past promised dates is not on.

I had the exact same problem with loonten. I basically pre-ordered the hot toys robocop and alex murphy set off him on ebay. When the time came to ship he send me a fake tracking number which didn't work. I was fortunately still in my paypal buyer protection timeframe(just about!) and opened up a case against him. Low and behold as soon as i did this he sent me on the right tracking number.

As i've ordered off him before and never had any problems before this i would like to say that my advice is as the above person mentioned do not pre-order off him because in my experience he might not send the item to you once you pass your buyer protection timeframe. These sellers know once your outside the buyer protection period there's pretty much nothing you can do except file a case with your credit card company to get your money back because paypal won't cover you.

Last edited:

Wow that's a great price for Chewy!

If only KG Hobby carried all Hot Toys releases the world would be a better place, but unfortunately they seem to pick and choose. Lots and lots of Iron Men though.

i had a similar problem with this seller. bought bvs superman on preorder but just a couple of weeks from lauch. the item became avalaible from him but at a much higher price than i bought it. i asked what was going on and he responded that my figure was not on stock. i waited like a month and just a day from the protection to end i requested a refund. the figure was always on stock but it seems he didnt wanted to ship mine expecting to sell it for more profit. i didnt buy from him anymore.

I'd only buy in stock items from Overseas sellers.

Back