Is it worth it to get P2 Elder Predator?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am still waiting on mine turning up, its been a week and it turns out its been held at the post office something to do with the post code. but hopefully i should have it by monday

Sneaky facehugger.

Aliensguests025.jpg
Aliensguests026.jpg

Aliensguests028.jpg

Aliensguests114.jpg

Aliensguests116.jpg

Aliensguests117.jpg

awesome pic, Nicky. I had absolute zero intentions about getting him when I bought my first Pred and by the time I realized he was worth getting, I thought I'd have to pay a rediculous amount to get him. Still paid a pretty penny to get him, but not as rediculous as I feared. I'll post pics once I get him in

why are the prices on this so much higher than the original p2?
did it have a smaller production run, or is it pure demand?

why are the prices on this higher than the original p2?
did it have a lower production run, or is it pure demand?

Pure demand. The price for it went up to almost 300 about only a month after it hit the stores. Never saw the value of any HT pred go up so fast. I think eventually it might go higher but so far it's been capped at below $400 for MIB and below $300 for assembled.

I remember seeing it in the stores for $144.99 and passed up on it. Then called about 3 weeks later and they had put it up on ebay which went for about $290 plus shipping. I wanted to cry.

Pure demand. The price for it went up to almost 300 about only a month after it hit the stores. Never saw the value of any HT pred go up so fast. I think eventually it might go higher but so far it's been capped at below $400 for MIB and below $300 for assembled.

I remember seeing it in the stores for $144.99 and passed up on it. Then called about 3 weeks later and they had put it up on ebay which went for about $290 plus shipping. I wanted to cry.
crazy. i would've thought there would be more demand for the p2. since, you know, that's who the movie featured.
i guess the premium price is accounting for the whole "boba-fett-like-mystique" since the elder was on screen for maybe 20 seconds.
what evs. sounds like i should be glad i got mine for close to retail like a year ago.

crazy. i would've thought there would be more demand for the p2. since, you know, that's who the movie featured.
i guess the premium price is accounting for the whole "boba-fett-like-mystique" since the elder was on screen for maybe 20 seconds.
what evs. sounds like i should be glad i got mine for close to retail like a year ago.

I think another reason for that may be because they sent out more than one wave of the P2 predator original. I'm pretty sure I got mine from a second wave. Then they also made the battle damaged version which really diluted the market with them. So not as much people missed out on the P2 Pred while the Elder was more of a surprised hit and maybe a lot of people missed out on it.

I, for a fact, missed out on it:(

I'm looking for one too:chew

I think another reason for that may be because they sent out more than one wave of the P2 predator original. I'm pretty sure I got mine from a second wave. Then they also made the battle damaged version which really diluted the market with them. So not as much people missed out on the P2 Pred while the Elder was more of a surprised hit and maybe a lot of people missed out on it.

I got one (Elder) but seeing the Borg makes me want to pick one up and put him next to the Elder. Predator 2 was inferior IMO, the dreads just didn't look right. Still don't know if I will keep my Elder.

well, then wouldn't that mean it was because if a larger production run for p2?
the elder probably didn't shoot up to over 4X retail price just because it looks cool.
it sounds like there were far fewer made and collectors/scalpers just bought them up because of rarity so demand skyrocketed.

Back