Is it me - or are the newer collectors spoiled brats!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol Had my first interaction ever in the commerce section yesterday and snared my first spoiled brat. He put it out there that he wanted a figure, so I got in touch. This is what I got back:

"no thanks i will not pay scalpers price for an item used that new retailed for less than 200. please rear my part before contacting me next time. save Ute both time"

I am worried about his request to 'rear his part' though. It sounds unsavoury.

Wow. Yeah, I hate the commerce section too. I've gotten strange offers and replies myself. To his date, I haven't gotten anything sold there, and I always end up listing my items on Ebay.

:lol Had my first interaction ever in the commerce section yesterday and snared my first spoiled brat. He put it out there that he wanted a figure, so I got in touch. This is what I got back:

"no thanks i will not pay scalpers price for an item used that new retailed for less than 200. please rear my part before contacting me next time. save Ute both time"

I am worried about his request to 'rear his part' though. It sounds unsavoury.

At least he didn't say part his rear. LOL

Maybe if they didn't get mocked, ridiculed, or called "noob" every time they had question they might be in better spirits.

I've notice ALOT of new members this month and the last, whats with the influx?

AVENGERS Assemble!!!!!!!!!!!

New movie releases of that ilk will bring casual collectors, people who have been lurking, and just people interested in interwebzing. to join.

Maybe if they didn't get mocked, ridiculed, or called "noob" every time they had question they might be in better spirits.

But, it would help their cause if some of the new members didn't act so much like "noobs", and fulfill the stereotype :monkey1. Aside from several people that come to mind, most of the forum members are pretty respectful (to a large extent). It's really when the "noobs" start to troll (when no one really knows them) that things get out of hand.

Frankly, many ppl on this site can be unwelcoming. I don't find that on other sites for enthusiasts. New members are generally welcome in other places- but here, not so much. This is a problem unique to SSF imo. Don't know why. Just is.

In fact, just creating the thread that new ppl act like "brats" can be off putting. If I were new would I feel particularly welcome reading that? Prob not. I would guess it causes a real chilling effect on new ppl to speak up or express their opinion.

Frankly, many ppl on this site can be unwelcoming. I don't find that on other sites for enthusiasts. New members are generally welcome in other places- but here, not so much. This is a problem unique to SSF imo. Don't know why. Just is.

In fact, just creating the thread that new ppl act like "brats" can be off putting. If I were new would I feel particularly welcome reading that? Prob not. I would guess it causes a real chilling effect on new ppl to speak up or express their opinion.

Gotta have thick skin to be on any forum. And especially when you are new. As you can see I am new here but far from new to forums. Been around forums since 2000. And I am actually an admin and smod on several large smartphone and android tablet forums. We always make newbies feels welcome and never allow ridiculing or putting down by staff or other members. We may laugh about noob questions or comments in the back room but never in the open forum. It all comes down to good moderating and staffing. And how you want the forum to run and that you care about others perception of it.

And as far as feeling unwelcome here I can say I wasn't treated badly by anyone. Wasn't welcome with open arms either. Though I have been talked down to by several who seem to think they are superior. I just let it roll off. Takes more than a few keyboard bullies to phase me.

I wouldn't feel unwelcome if I were new; I'd feel unwelcome if were a spoiled brat.

Why do spoiled brats think they should be treated well, just because they're new?

Without understanding how the collecting world works expectations will always be different. I am new to the collecting world so prices are completely ridiculous, however, I know that value rises over time so 1) either done lowball folks trying to sell 2) learn more about the products your are trying to buy.

This forum is filled with great info, but it does seem like there are some members that just simply feel like noobs shouldn't be allowed as if it's some the of exclusive club. Without guiding the new generation of collectors you'll only be stuck in the same boat of "bratty" folks with false expectations.

Back