Is it me - or are the newer collectors spoiled brats!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinister

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've been collecting 1/6 for almost 10 years. And toys in general for over 15 years. I took a break from the hobby for about a year and just recently got back into it.

Maybe it's just me but I've notice a huge change in the mentality of the newer breed of collectors. You really get this sense when you read the comments on the Hot Toys and Enterbay FB pages.

It's all GIVE ME! GIVE ME! GIVE ME! WHAT ABOUT (plug in a character)?!

I posted pics of my Nostromo Kane on the HT page and these kids message me and I really don't like their tone. One kid just says:

"Where do I get that Kane head? Painted. I won't pay for shipping!"

Another kid writes "Sell me the Kane! You can make a new one."

WTF?

Just received another PM from a kid that said "Why waste your time making a Kane custom? I'll pay you to do a Captain America custom."

And I'm using the term "kid" because I really hope these aren't grown adults talking like this.

And it's really annoying when HT or EB posts an announcement of a new product - and these kids post comments that are basically just random shouts for a character that has nothing to do with the product posted. EB posts pics of Rambo - and some kid yells "When are you doing Matrix Neo!".

Makes me picture a bunch of baby chicks in a nest chirping for worms.

Rant over.

Thread Great Worm approved too.

New collectors = Small in the Pants.

Great Worm out.

Not sure kids are dropping $200 on figures...unfortunately you are dealing with adults.
I see kids with $200 cell phones, shoes, glasses and all manner of expensive stuff bought with Mommy and Daddies dime. No reason they can't be buying spoiled brats expensive dolls too.

I have FB friends who don't know anything about the hobby. They see my pics of figures and are honestly interested. So I send them to the HT Community/Collectors page and they see all this childish behavior.

Makes me look bad :mad: And gives the hobby a bad rap.

I see kids with $200 cell phones, shoes, glasses and all manner of expensive stuff bought with Mommy and Daddies dime. No reason they can't be buying spoiled brats expensive dolls too.

Totally agree. Some of these guys must be kids - just from the manner of their responses. They ooze spoiled kid with an entitlement complex.

It's just whining on the HT Facebook mixed with idiotic and unrealistic requests, interspersed with photos of fans' collections. I hate that page.

This thread reminds me of Alicia Silverstone for some reason.:monkey1

tumblr_lna5dpMGiS1qkmpj8o1_500.gif

The proper way to deal with this kind of behavior is to gently suggest alternate ways of expressing their feelings, in a manner that shows moderators how helpful and understanding you are of their obvious brain damage. We must be helpful and understanding.

Yeah, how ____ing dumb does that sound? Throw rocks at them. If you have access to poop, put the rock in the poop and aim for the head. Head wounds bleed profusely.

devilof76 out.

Random comment. Where's your 'Game Of Death' diorama Tinister? :D

Let me buy it off you, but I won't pay for shipping. You can make yourself a new one :D

1/6 = toys = more young collector..
just another reason i prefer statues..

Back