Is FireSide out of buisness or what?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey i just checked. he even has the new hot toys alien and predators for order.:chew

I think it's just that the headline on the home page that states they are having a LOTR sale that will only last a few days has been there for a while now. It makes it look like the site hasn't been updated. But new items have been added if you look around.

I just spoke with Bob (Fireside) yesterday. Everything is fine...

He's still the Godfather, him and Adam (Dark Shadow) are the 2 best dealers going.

:clap

Also, Marc from Alterego Comics and Mike from Razor's edge collectibles make us a bunch of happy collectors.

Yeah he is closed for good. He was tired of taking all my money and felt bad I no longer lived in a house, but my new cardboard box under the freeway over pass looks good with all my stash!!! :chew

Of course he is not out of business!!!!

Bob The Godfather is my hero just like Sideshow Andy! :love

:rock :rock
1the-godfather-patch.jpg
:rock :rock

Yep the Fireside train is rollin full steam ahead, good changes coming along with them.... Bob's been under the gun, but do not fret, you buys it, he ships it....

Also Rick from Northside Collectibles is very cool to deal with.

On a semi-related note, my local comic book store owner called me today around noon and told me he closed down his store. I thought it was a joke. Needless to say I was shocked. I knew business had been slow but damn. He told me he just could not compete anymore so he cashed out and closed shop. Most of his business was based around card gaming and that was not making much profit anymore. He gave me his cell number and told me he is receiving his orders until the end of the month and if I wanted I could pick them up with no obligation.

I am really bummed out about this as I had been going there since I was 18 (11 years ago). He was a really cool retailer and before the age of internet orders he would hook me up with sweet discounts and hold my orders from Previews until I had the cash. I used to go bi-weekly but lately I have been busy so I was there the last time about 2 months ago.

Moral of the story: appreciate your dealers. Internet or otherwise. Do not take them for granted. You never know how long they'll be around.

Collector Freak said:
The site hasn't been updated in weeks. Should I replace my pre-orders elsewhere?

Collector Freak, all I can say is that I recently had a situation with an on-line merchant who ignored my e-mails, refused to process my pre-order and my cc info update (my cc was on a website that was compromised in the interum and as a precaution they cancelled my card and issued me a new one). The merchant had become so completely unavailable and nonresponsive that I posted about it in this forum. I was assured from Dave on down that I was dealing with a classy guy who would deliver my order. In all my direct dealings with the merchant I was as polite and proffessional and patient as I could be. But after weeks of not receiving a coherant response, months since my initial e-mail regarding the updating of my cc info (which was never responded to), the pre-order remained not honered.

Maybe my situation was completely different than yours, CF. If so let this be a cautionary tale and read nothing into it.

But if you feel that your e-mails are going ignored...

If you feel that your orders have not shipped in a resonable and timely fashion and have no reason to beleive that they ever will...

If you believe that you have acted in good faith to resolve this matter but feel that it goes unfulfilled...

Then it doesn't matter which merchant you're dealing with or what anyone on this board or elsewhere has to say about them, to protect yourself you should probably e-mail the merchant to cancel the order, inform your cc company (they tend to be very understanding about these things) and find your figures somewhere else.

And next time find a merchant you can trust and deal with. [I like Toys2Net (very responsive despite a French Canadian language barrier), Wicked Collectibles (honorable guys, if not the fastest e-mailers), Good Things to Go (fast and cheap shipping); I've heard good things about Alter Ego Comics and Dark Shadows (both have good prices and resonable shipping) and I have pre-orders with both. Point is: there are plenty of options.]

But it doesn't matter what I or anyone else has to say about a merchant. Find one that you can trust and works well with you. And remember, a web site's prices are often a reflection of their business acumen. If it seems too low, well, sometimes you get what you pay for.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Its been 3 days since I sent a THIRD email to them pertaining to my orders. Thank you for that information, gdb. Looks like I'm screwed...

oh wow....So very sorry you had the experience. You make a very good set of points gdb and I'd agree completely with you. Except in the case of Bob at Fireside.

CollectorFreak: I'm CERTAIN you're not screwed. My understanding is that Bob has a few things heaped on his plate recently and that might have slowed him down a bit, but I would be patient just a bit longer. He'll come through.

There have only been 2-3 online dealers I will order consistently from and Bob is one of them. Not only are their reputations solid, but they've always lived up to my expectations...and more.

I just wish we had a small (ish) enterprise like Fireside and the like over in the UK. All we get are Forbidden Planet who, whilst great, there's no personal contact and they do come over like 'The Man' at times.

Back