Is anyone gonna stop buying the Kotobukiya Danger Room Sessions?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IdeaOfEvil

Super Freak
Reaction score
Until yesterday I had no idea that Rogue and Sabretooth were canceled because of low pre-order numbers. Now I'm kinda worried, and disheartened, that the entire line is looking to end short and that I'll have invested my money into only two or three pieces (or into how many ever pieces are released).

Now, while these statues (so far) are fine, they're not excellent. What really sells these (for me) is that they're based on poplar designs (Jim Lee's artwork from the 90's), are all in the same format/scale with each other, and had a new piece being released every other month.

If it's just gonna die at piece number six (piece number four when you take away Rogue and Sabretooth), why bother? Gambit's release is all the way ahead in December, meaning we probably won't even know if the line will continue past him until his pre-order numbers are decided on as being good or bad. And even then, are we gonna have to wait six months between every new release instead of two??

I'm on the fence, myself. I just picked up Wolverine yesterday (it's when my comic shop told me of the other cancellations), and I've had Psylocke for a month or so already. I skipped Sideshows Cyclops PF, thinking/hoping it was gonna be released in the Danger Room line anyways, but now.... I don't know. I don't want to skip pieces from other companies in hoping that Koto will release the same character in the Danger Room series and them (Koto) being silent about the line and if it will continue or not past Gambit is just annoying =/

Last edited:
Yeah I have the Kotobukiya Wolverine (which is very awesome, IMO) and was really wanting that Sabertooth to go with him. I just found out last week that it was canceled. :gah:

The prices went up on the line as well... Gambits MRSP is $200 something.

I really like Psylocke and am trying to save up for her now, BUT im not very impressed with the paint applications, they are very messy. Ive seen 2 in person and a few online, and it just kinda ruins it for me :(

But i was really looking forward to Rogue. Love Jim Lees style.

WTF? How can they cancel Rouge and Sabretooth? Was so looking forward to getting them. This really sucks.

Well, I was looking forward to having Psylocke Rogue and Gambit but after they cancelled Rogue, thereby eliminating the possibility of having a complete X-men set made, I'm not going to buy any more Danger Room figures.
Exception being if they make a Jean Grey, but that seems unlikely too.

The price is very reasonable for the line. I am astonished sabertooth was canceled, I have no love for Rogue.

I have Psylocke and was looking forward to Colossus, Rogue and Gambit. Now that Rogue's been cancelled though, I won't be getting any more - she was the one I wanted most. Not liking the price hike, either.

Just looked up the pictures on google . . it's a shame . . they would have made a great looking set . . .

I got my Koto hulk and Wolverine...I'm done...Might get the Sabretooth if they make a brown Wolverine

^^^
Agreed. I was really tempted to start these, but budget and space concerns decided it for me. On one hand, I'm now glad that I didn't start collecting them, but on the other I'm disappointed that they may not make any more. Even if I can't get all the statues that I want, I still enjoy seeing pics of them here.

had psylocke and wolverine on preorder. i thought rogue looked fugly but i definitely wanted Sabretooth. ...

maybe not gonna collect Koto after this announcement. Only get Archangel and or Storm.

I'm still not over the fact that they flat out cancelled an order that, according to many collectible figurine retailers/outlets, had pre-order quantities officially sold out. Is there any way to petition to at least release those they have already made (seeing that the manufacturer cancelled it very close to the expected release date)? Or is there any chance they'll basically change their mind and make them available sometime in the future? Considering the prominence of SideShow in the collector game, perhaps it would be the ideal channel to voice these ideas and try and do something...

I have the Wolverine piece and for the price, I think it looks really nice. I think the Jim Lee era was the best design for the X-Men characters...Considering only 1000 pieces of Wolverine were released, I wonder how close they were to the quota desired to officially release the perfect complementary piece in Sabretooth.

Back