Is anyone else just kind of "over" Hot Toys or Not?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Um, going back to what people have said about rubber leaking? I really don't want to start buying any HT if after a handful of years (or at all really) they will leak. I'm not paying $170- God knows how much for a figure that's not going to last me a lifetime.

Can someone clear this up for me?

Some of the figures seem to have rubber issues and break down after a while from what I read. Rubber cracks and deteriorates. I personally never had that problem. The only problem I had was my Batman DX02 that had leaky abs. All other normal figures that are not rubber seem to be fine as far as I know, except for the ones that have QC issues.

Some of the figures seem to have rubber issues and break down after a while from what I read. Rubber cracks and deteriorates. I personally never had that problem. The only problem I had was my Batman DX02 that had leaky abs. All other normal figures that are not rubber seem to be fine as far as I know, except for the ones that have QC issues.

So we're talking the clothing? Not the face sculpts or anything?

Oh Ski... :lol

That is what I was like...wtf? The face on my figure is just gonna start melting some day?

I would have cried exorcist if I witnessed it. Just so you all know.

That is what I was like...wtf? The face on my figure is just gonna start melting some day?

I would have cried exorcist if I witnessed it. Just so you all know.

:lol No there's never been a problem with a head that I know of (except PERS breaking)

I'm over Iron Man figures and Predators, I'm sure after TDKR I'll be over Batman. But I am getting fed up with their insane price hikes, and rereleases. I'm going to jsut be more selective from ehre on out, I dropped my HT budget through next year 2nd quarter, from 2600 to 1200, so yeah. Not getting every little IM Armor variant and what not.

I'm not happy but okay with prices going up IF they keep the quality up AND keep the same value for price per item, no sense one character who comes with less costing more than another with more provided, AND especially diversity in Licenses and characters, no re-hashing the same ones over and over.

i pretty much am now..i was going to be really selective this year..i was so looking forward to indiana jones..now i have to customize a head or get a better paint job for it..so now hot toys unless you give me a alsome incredible hulk figure. i won't be collecting anything batman or iron man from you because that seems all that your capable of doing anymore..saving my money..

Over HT with Indy, Sparrow, 89 Batman, 89 Joker, Bespin Luke ........ what iconic movie characters. It is getting better and better.....

I think i'm heading that way, only ordered one HT for 2012 so far the rest were all delayed from last year and the new figures i'm waiting for are taking very long

I'm liking 3A alot at the moment, very unique

I'm surprised you still collect HT to be honest, you complain about them so much.

I'm pretty much over them. I don't think they are worth the asking price. Am going to be extremely picky on anything they release now...

I'm surprised you still collect HT to be honest, you complain about them so much.

I'm pretty much over them. I don't think they are worth the asking price. Am going to be extremely picky on anything they release now...

Oh, I want them, the ones i got ordered to actually release and the announced licenses that haven't started but none of that is happening :(

So untill they happen i'm over them :lol

the rubber issue concerns me greatly. i just got notice for my 89 bats and im seriuosly thinking of cancelling it.

After Keaton Batman, DX Sparrow and Indy....yeah I'm totally over them. I wish Dragon would get back into the game......................................................

Mmh... Dont understand you guys. I am totally hyped by HT at the moment. Love my last figs (Cap America and Cap Sparrow) and look forward to all my POs (Iron Man MK IV + Gantry, Iron Man MK II AU, IM MK I 2.0, Keaton Batman, Nicholson Joker, Tumber Reissue, Batmobile)... There are so many exciting things comming and even more are announced. Really looking forward to DKR, Batman Returns and especially Robocop. Imagine Murphy with the knowledge they got from the IM licence... :bow

Back