Is 3D dying ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The odd thing to me is how people who don't like 3D want it to die and take it away from those who do enjoy it. It's not enough to simply choose 2D instead and allow others to choose for themselves--people who hate 3D can't even stand the thought of it existing and want it dead and gone. That kind of thinking absolutely mystifies me. As long as there is a 2D option, why does 3D have to die? Why can't you just ignore it? I don't live in a big town, but there is always a choice between 2D and 3D. I could understand the frustration if 3D was forced on someone, but in my experience, that isn't the case.

At any rate, 7 of the top 10 worldwide box office grosses include 3D ticket sales. So it's kind of cute to think that the studios will just walk away from all that money just because some people don't like being forced to specify 2D or 3D when buying their ticket.

The odd thing to me is how people who don't like 3D want it to die and take it away from those who do enjoy it. It's not enough to simply choose 2D instead and allow others to choose for themselves--people who hate 3D can't even stand the thought of it existing and want it dead and gone. That kind of thinking absolutely mystifies me. As long as there is a 2D option, why does 3D have to die? Why can't you just ignore it? I don't live in a big town, but there is always a choice between 2D and 3D. I could understand the frustration if 3D was forced on someone, but in my experience, that isn't the case.

At any rate, 7 of the top 10 worldwide box office grosses include 3D ticket sales. So it's kind of cute to think that the studios will just walk away from all that money just because some people don't like being forced to specify 2D or 3D when buying their ticket.

:clap :goodpost:

Cute indeed. :)

I bought a new tv specifically so that I could recreate those 3D theatre experiences... Love it.

3D is largely a gimmick to inflate ticket prices. Few 3D movies I've seen impress me.....still consider it a gimmick as I can enjoy the film in 2D blu ray just as much in home viewings...

As long as theaters continue to give viewers the option of viewing movies in 2D, I don't care if 3D comes or goes. I enjoyed seeing animated movies in 3D over the past several years, but I tend to steer clear of live-action ones. Honestly I was much more impressed with seeing things on an IMAX screen myself. I'd like to see more and more films shot in that format.

Agreed with Tom already.

Although I have experienced a theater only screening a film in 3D. Rather than going to the local cheap theater and getting to watch it in 2D, I'd have had to pay over twice as much at an AMC to see it in 2D. Good thing I checked Rotten Tomatoes beforehand to see if it was worth the price. The movie was "The Last Airbender." :monkey1

I really enjoy some 3d gaming. Wipeout, GT, crysis and definitely motorstorm is very cool in 3d.

I think it works really well with some films and hope it stays.

Back