Is 140 Euro a good price for a ED-209 with rotten dome?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luckysim

Freakzoid
Reaction score
As the title says I've the opportunity to get the ED (battle damaged version) for 140 Euro.

Problem is the dome replacement.
A few weeks ago a replacement dome was sold for 72 GBP on evilBay. So if I would buy the ED I must add approx. 100 Euro (incl. shipping) for a new dome.

The figure has a few minor scratches, the legs are a bit loose and the original box is in bad condition. It would be a pick-up. So no more shipping costs for the ED.

Is he worth the 240 Euro in this condition? What do you think?

Last edited:
Tough call, at 240 Euro (after new dome) it would still be a bit beat-up, with loose legs, AND bad box.

Last one that sold on ebay was in better condition, and only went for $305 (221 Euro), so you might be able to negotiate him down some... :)

Or if you could get the dome cheaper...

Thanks for the advice Kaijuboy.

If I could grab one from a US seller I've to pay a tremendous amount for shipping, tax and duty. On the other side: the ED is hard to get here in Europe. It's a really tough decision... :(

I wouldn't buy it. Sounds like there're too many issues. As Kai pointed out, with the rotten dome, loose legs and thrashed box, if you ever fell on hard times, or lost interest, you'd never get your money back. Keep looking. You might wind up spending a bit more, but in the long run, you're not inheriting someone else's problems.

i'd say you'll get boned. but my guess is there are customizers who'd buy it off you or at least offer to fix it up. eds don't turn up very often these days.

Hi guys,

thanks for the feedback. Just returned from cinema. Watched TRON Legacy.

Production Design: :rock2:rock2:rock2:rock2
Visual: :rock2:rock2
Acoustical: :rock2:rock2:rock2
Story: :Flush

All in all: fun to see...

But back to the subject. Well I think I'll let him pass. If this wouldn't be the battle damaged one I would buy him instantly. Hope to get this one in better condition (or even better a reissue from HT).

If somebody wants him here is the shop link:

https://www.toyboxx.de/epages/61760602.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61760602/Categories/Imprint

I don't know if you could get the ED for the same price. Try...
Good luck!

Back