Ironman Mark VII Legendary Scale???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, I would take the 2000 points earned off of this guy and save the your points. Gets you much closer to a free PF.

Personally, I would take the 2000 points earned off of this guy and save the your points. Gets you much closer to a free PF.

:exactly: I'm trying my best to collect as many points as possible to put towards the Doom LSF...hopefully by the time it ships my points would have accumulated to around $700-800 which is a nice chunk off the asking price of $1999.99 :)

:pfft: your such a Goonie Ink! :lol

:yess:

KJ6ahU2G884jx2f1jmDZ.gif

:exactly: I'm trying my best to collect as many points as possible to put towards the Doom LSF...hopefully by the time it ships my points would have accumulated to around $700-800 which is a nice chunk off the asking price of $1999.99 :)

If I understand the rewards system right, it wouldn't be worth it to use your points on a $2k figure right (since your opportunity cost is the large amount of reward points you would otherwise have gotten from this new piece)?

If I understand the rewards system right, it wouldn't be worth it to use your points on a $2k figure right (since your opportunity cost is the large amount of reward points you would otherwise have gotten from this new piece)?

You get $100 off a 2k statue. $700-800 trumps that.

:panic:I am absolutely falling hard for this :gah:

If and I really mean "IF" I pull the trigger on this guy that will be my entir2014 budget. I would need to pass on Apocalypse, Cody, Sinestro, Harley and Battle Damaged T2. That's a big sacrifice...is he worth it...:panic:

why rush it when this will be around for many years. Unless you can get it at a huge discount now? But yea, this is better than all those pieces combined that you mentioned.

Since I'm located in Montréal, my local reseller can get this at original price, but I have to pay 15% taxes. Total price of 2300$. Also, he told me he was limited in the period he could order... so I didn't waste any time and already gave him my deposit.

But, if I wait and order from Sideshow later, considering that shipping alone would be (if you look at MKIII) 475$ and then add the customs fees since SS ships via UPS (imagine another 250-350$, I'm saving more than 400-500$ ordering it right now with my local reseller.

Since he's an official Sideshow Partner, I know that if there's a problem, he will be capable of helping me. :)

You get $100 off a 2k statue. $700-800 trumps that.

You still lose more money by putting your $700 in reward points towards a $2000 statue.

Say you spend your $700 reward points on two $350 statues. You lose $17.50 in reward points for each statue totalling $35 for the two of them.

You lose $100 in reward points however if you spend the points on a 2K statue.

So would you rather lose $35 or $100 in RP? The answer should be quite simple. Yes you feel like you are knocking off $700 on the LSF but that $700 could've been spent on something else while losing less points. It is all about opportunity cost.

Last edited:
Looks awesome.

Personally though, I've learned that putting all your collectibles in individual glass cases actually works against how one might think to display a collectible. It find making individual cases for each piece a large waste of space and money. If they are being put into a wall unit with a large pane of glass it works, individually not so much.

A nice large statue displayed out in the open has way more presence than something behind glass. Your able to see the detail, get up close and experience it in a much different way. Glass or acrylic reflect way to much light and distort how you view the statue. Trick is to get them on a nice simple base with overhead lighting or natural lighting in the room. I'm telling you guys simple works best.

Putting a grail piece or something you really love in glass or acrylic is cool. But it's overkill for an entire collection. Just my opinion.

Chris

almost my entire collection is in glass display cases. You don't have to worry about dust and it really gives the room(s) a museum feel.

I just use a UV air filter in my rooms and keep the doors closed to deal with dust. Simple and easy, I never have dust issues.

To each his own, I just like getting my face 3 inches from a statue to admire the details. I can't do that with my face pressed up against glass lol

Chris

Since I'm located in Montréal, my local reseller can get this at original price, but I have to pay 15% taxes. Total price of 2300$. Also, he told me he was limited in the period he could order... so I didn't waste any time and already gave him my deposit.

But, if I wait and order from Sideshow later, considering that shipping alone would be (if you look at MKIII) 475$ and then add the customs fees since SS ships via UPS (imagine another 250-350$, I'm saving more than 400-500$ ordering it right now with my local reseller.

Since he's an official Sideshow Partner, I know that if there's a problem, he will be capable of helping me. :)

Sideshow uses UPS to ship to you? I always receive mine through FedEx (I'm in Edmonton), and since I have a free FedEx account, I only pay the GST (no huge brokerage fees).

:panic:I am absolutely falling hard for this :gah:

If and I really mean "IF" I pull the trigger on this guy that will be my entir2014 budget. I would need to pass on Apocalypse, Cody, Sinestro, Harley and Battle Damaged T2. That's a big sacrifice...is he worth it...:panic:

Personally, I would not pass on all of those pieces for this single piece.

Sideshow uses UPS to ship to you? I always receive mine through FedEx (I'm in Edmonton), and since I have a free FedEx account, I only pay the GST (no huge brokerage fees).
You're right, it's Fedex. But it's still the same problem... customs charge... :slap

Back