Ironman arrives in the philippines

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just for you dude.

211_kleenex.JPG

I can think of another use for those tissues after seeing that bust:naughty

Last edited:
I for one have been to Maxi Works in the philippines very many times and it is indeed a legit business and distributor of sideshow products. The location is also in an area that is very high class with a lot of other nice stores around.

Ok, so I became HOOKED after watching the Iron Man movie for the first time. And I IMMEDIATELY scrambled to see what statues I could find after becoming a fan. And I'm a HUGE fan of Sideshow, but I honestly think this is a bit over priced for a piece like this... Don't get me wrong, its an AWESOME AWESOME piece. But $700??? Maybe a SUPER HIGHLY detailed life-size bust of someone would be legitimate. But for a fiberglass bust with no REAL high areas of detail, I can't justify spending $700.... Now the 1:1 bust of Darth Maul I got for $600, was WELL worth it!!!! I mean, you can see the guy SKIN pores!!!! Super detailed, super cool and well worth $600 IMO. Does anyone else agree that a rather simple item like this is pretty over priced? (And don't get me wrong, I'm still debating whether I should get this... Haha)

Go through an AD an be slightly released from your sticker shock. From the pics I've seen it seems well worth the price.

Ok, so I became HOOKED after watching the Iron Man movie for the first time. And I IMMEDIATELY scrambled to see what statues I could find after becoming a fan. And I'm a HUGE fan of Sideshow, but I honestly think this is a bit over priced for a piece like this... Don't get me wrong, its an AWESOME AWESOME piece. But $700??? Maybe a SUPER HIGHLY detailed life-size bust of someone would be legitimate. But for a fiberglass bust with no REAL high areas of detail, I can't justify spending $700.... Now the 1:1 bust of Darth Maul I got for $600, was WELL worth it!!!! I mean, you can see the guy SKIN pores!!!! Super detailed, super cool and well worth $600 IMO. Does anyone else agree that a rather simple item like this is pretty over priced? (And don't get me wrong, I'm still debating whether I should get this... Haha)

Get it man !! Just Imagine going into your room at night and hes eyes are on.
OHH MAN BAD ASS !!

This is a preproduction piece purchased by My friend who distibutes almost all brands of statue collectibles. The filipinos enjoy the same things you do and we are also very big fans of sideshow..I don't have any solid numbers but we recieve at least 6 to 15% of every stat run here in the philippines. I guess sideshow was so happy that they decided to reward our dealer with a pre production piece to show during the movie.

Most likely your friend had to buy this and pick this up in person at Sideshow's. I just wonder to whom Sideshow decide to sell collectibles like these.

Congrats goes to your friend.

Most likely your friend had to buy this and pick this up in person at Sideshow's. I just wonder to whom Sideshow decide to sell collectibles like these.

Congrats goes to your friend.

My friend is the official distributor of sideshow here in the philippines and this was Airmailed to him from the sideshow offices direct..He's quite good friends with the owners..;)

His sales allow him to get some stuff in advance..He owns about 5 stores here that distribute sideshow items..He is also a very prominent filipino collector..=)

Thanks for the pics, any more would be greatly appreciated. Seeing them is really making it easy for me to keep my order!

Oh man, after seeing the movie and now seeing the pictures, I'm very tempted to order one. I don't know where I'd put it and my wife would probably kill me.

Thanks for the extra pictures... This bust is awe inspiring. I have a Flexi-Pay, I can wait until SS starts charging for it. I can wait or the lack of money, but it will mean this bust is coming home to roost finally! I home the Blu-ray comes out at the same time. Just incase the buyer's remorse kicks in, I'll be able to re-assure myself with a repeat viewing of the movie on quality Blu-ray!

Back