Ironman 1/4th Maquette paint apps- widespread problems?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well gave mine a really good going over and found these other issues that im not happy with and have sent an email yesterday with pics to see about getting a replacement (not had a reply back yet tho!) here are a couple of the photos I sent in, and does anyone else have these issues on their IM? There are other problems but these are the worst.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I was trying to convince myself to live with the problems, but I dont think I can and I dont see why I should... I just hope that returning it for a replacement isn'tt going to cost me any money, coz I dont have left!! :gah: :crying

Well gave mine a really good going over and found these other issues that im not happy with and have sent an email yesterday with pics to see about getting a replacement (not had a reply back yet tho!) here are a couple of the photos I sent in, and does anyone else have these issues on their IM? There are other problems but these are the worst.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I was trying to convince myself to live with the problems, but I dont think I can and I dont see why I should... I just hope that returning it for a replacement isn'tt going to cost me any money, coz I dont have left!! :gah: :crying

Holy crap! 2-4 things I could live with but you have a LEMON

I just saw one displayed at the comic shop yesterday.. It had scuffs marks everywhere and the chin problem too.

Another F'N Sideshow Iron Man Fiasco!!!

The jokes on them.

Fail.(Again)

Got to say this is why i find this forum invaluable. I'm always checking to see what issues might have risen with any particular item. As such I've been taking the time to open each of the IMs we received into stock.

While it has been mentioned that it is Sideshow's job of quality control, it is also mine. Once a known issue is out there it would be bad business practice to not make the extra effort to make sure my customer recieves a quality product and not just rely on them to go through the process of having to send it back. As many have said, while Sideshow is a huge company and does a very good job with customer support, for a retailer that's obviously smaller then SS, you need to go that extra step for your customer base.

To everyone that gets told that some of the issues they post are petty, for a store like mine I don't consider them to be. Anything you might find to complain about, any customer could too. Better to be aware and have some knowledge of a known issue then to get caught completely off guard. Please continue to always post problems with the products. While I'm sure the manufacturers are listening, so to are the retailers.

Your obviously a very good retailer. And people should be buying more from you. Bravo.:clap

Sideshow needs to:

1. Hold off on shipping out any more until they are all inspected.
2. Carry out remedial works where necessary.

This will save them money in the long run.

Moon.crater.arp.750pix.jpg

Ridiculous. Just got my RMA number from sideshow in an email where they do not acknowledge any problems with the Iron Man maquette. As if I am just crazy.
Bye bye War Machine. Thanks sideshow for saving me a grand.

Ridiculous. Just got my RMA number from sideshow in an email where they do not acknowledge any problems with the Iron Man maquette. As if I am just crazy.

Are you retuning for a replacement ?

Usually return the whole thing.

The dilemma is this. It would seem a good amount of these are like this. Some might say the majority. No way is the overbuild spares quantity enough to cover more than half replaced. So what do you do? Crooked jaws might be hard to fix without other damage. Black paint apps might be able to be redone and touched up. Might even be able to do gold, but I don't know.
  • So redo the whole lot?
  • Repair the returns?
  • Or offer refund.
  • Or find the faults acceptable and piss off a lot of fans/customers.

The situation sucks for everyone involved.

So maybe they're going to go the route that will be least favorable to their paying customers and say these faults are part of the design. :slap

I'm still waiting for a response from my original inquiry.

Here look at the Hidef picture,the SideShow's Iron man is perfect.We should get them all like this.SideShow doesn't say "Prototype pending"So the picture shown here is the one we should receive.If not should be treated as false advertisement.

400041_press04.jpg

Last edited:
Well here's my pics that I sent to SS today. The light's don't work with batteries either.

This kind of looks like a shadow but it's actually thinly applied paint.
DSC03689.jpg

Red paint on gold.
DSC03695.jpg

Red paint on black.
DSC03686.jpg

DSC03685.jpg

Chipped paint.
DSC03684.jpg

DSC03688.jpg

Glue
DSC03687.jpg

I just sent an email to Alter Ego this morning. I've been holding off on this, but every time I get close to the Maquette, the crooked mouth drives me insane. Can't hold off any longer, so I'm waiting on Sideshow to confirm with Alter Ego, and hopefully get a replacement without the crooked mouth, and a good paint job. I'm really blown away by this statue, and I'm hoping it works out.

Just want to know,what SS will do with all the returns.Good chance they will probably repack them and sell as new.

I just sent an email to Alter Ego this morning. I've been holding off on this, but every time I get close to the Maquette, the crooked mouth drives me insane. Can't hold off any longer, so I'm waiting on Sideshow to confirm with Alter Ego, and hopefully get a replacement without the crooked mouth, and a good paint job. I'm really blown away by this statue, and I'm hoping it works out.

Why would you hold off ? Even if that was a gift I would return it.

Let us know the SS answer.Probably they going to say that you're the 1st inquiring a RMA for this product.:cuckoo:

Back