Ironman 1/4th Maquette paint apps- widespread problems?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So many complaints here and Statue forum and no official word from SideShow ?

What are you afraid of SideShow ? :dunno

I guess the whole jaw was painted red and then painted over with gold by brush when the goof was found.

So much drama. . .

:goodpost: Here you have the ONE and ONLY reason!! for the ugly chin/jaw :exactly:

But also 90% of other areas they choose to paint it completely RED and than use Colour over Colour to get the correct paint scheme :gah: That is asking for trouble.. Why not just a good Priming Coat and apply the correct colour immediately.

I hope they :thwak some behinds!!

Webb has made a full time job out of creating posts like this.

I have to work for my $500.00.Nobody should accept less.Why are you defending a multi-millionaire company ?

You must be a SideShow mole or something.

I have to work for my $500.00.Nobody should accept less.Why are you defending a multi-millionaire company ?

You must be a SideShow mole or something.

If you look at my posts from the past, you could see that I've been frustrated with defective product on numerous occasions.

The difference between you and me:

-I buy something that arrives defective, complain about it on the forum and message Sideshow, get a perfect replacement from Sideshow's awesome CS staff, and then win prizes or participate in other elements of Sideshow collecting that cause me to realize that the good far outweighs the bad.

-You don't buy anything, but instead scour the forum looking for images of other people's defective product in order to keep crying about how Sideshow has personally wronged you. Then you stalk from thread to thread to spray your negative message, hoping someone has the patience to read another one of your foul posts.

Sideshow messes up sometimes. Get over it. If you buy something and you don't like it, they will try to help you by offering a replacement or a refund. Unfortunately, some people just can't be helped. :lol

Sideshow sent me an RMA number for a refund, but I am going to call and ask if I can get my replacement checked before they mail it. I don't want to get another IM that looks like a toddler painted it.

(Sideshow's Ironman painters and quality control)
images

Sideshow sent me an RMA number for a refund, but I am going to call and ask if I can get my replacement checked before they mail it. I don't want to get another IM that looks like a toddler painted it.

(Sideshow's Ironman painters and quality control)
images

You might want to think about that.

When I had trouble with my Aliens maquette, they checked the replacement before they sent it out. It arrived with a broken tooth and paint rubs because they put it back in the box without the soft foam.

In short, they're likely to open it and give it a once over. No one there will comb it like you will when you get it, so you're better off having it ship without having been opened in the first place.

If you look at my posts from the past, you could see that I've been frustrated with defective product on numerous occasions.

The difference between you and me:

-I buy something that arrives defective, complain about it on the forum and message Sideshow, get a perfect replacement from Sideshow's awesome CS staff, and then win prizes or participate in other elements of Sideshow collecting that cause me to realize that the good far outweighs the bad.

-You don't buy anything, but instead scour the forum looking for images of other people's defective product in order to keep crying about how Sideshow has personally wronged you. Then you stalk from thread to thread to spray your negative message, hoping someone has the patience to read another one of your foul posts.

Sideshow messes up sometimes. Get over it. If you buy something and you don't like it, they will try to help you by offering a replacement or a refund. Unfortunately, some people just can't be helped. :lol

image.php

You might want to think about that.

When I had trouble with my Aliens maquette, they checked the replacement before they sent it out. It arrived with a broken tooth and paint rubs because they put it back in the box without the soft foam.

In short, they're likely to open it and give it a once over. No one there will comb it like you will when you get it, so you're better off having it ship without having been opened in the first place.

I might agree with you if this product wasn't having such widespread problems. I talked to Sideshow's sale's coordinator and she told me that she will inspect my replacement to assure that it has a better paint job than the one I am returning, so I will take her for her word. Honestly, with this replacement I think there are major risks either way (getting a crappy paintjob unopened/getting a messed up paintjob because it was opened).

welp there's always the IM Comiquettes to fall back on! i have both the Stealth and Red Gold Exc ground hitters down in the For sale board lol. was really lookin forward to this piece.

Original IM comiquette is still king. I'm never letting mine go.

I sold my comiquette right away when this maquette came out. The post for comiquette is great but I can't fall in love with the cheek bone and the long spine it has. It does not look iron man for me.

I might agree with you if this product wasn't having such widespread problems. I talked to Sideshow's sale's coordinator and she told me that she will inspect my replacement to assure that it has a better paint job than the one I am returning, so I will take her for her word. Honestly, with this replacement I think there are major risks either way (getting a crappy paintjob unopened/getting a messed up paintjob because it was opened).

kibishii, did you buy through SS or a retailer?

It is bad, got a screwed up regular with crap paint on his chin too. All my retailer has are bad chin jobs so he could not exchange it yet til they contact Sideshow. How is this so expensive and have such bad painting?

Back