Ironman 1/4th Maquette paint apps- widespread problems?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Retailers should be checking these themselves and sending back where necessary. They shouldn't be leaving it to the customer.
The problem is that retailers are not the shippers; Sideshow ships direct to us from their warehouse (I bought mine from AE) so the retailers cannot check them. Also, the retailers should not have to check each Ironman because they are not Sideshow's quality control.

If anything, Sideshow should get their warehouse people to start the arduous job of checking them so they can do the exchanges on the spot and possibly start another batch since their QC screwed the pooch at the factory. Yeah, it would be very painful, but the way this product turned out is completely unacceptable from the bottom up.

Here we go again with these IM paint issues. SS should just start putting a disclaimer with there IM products like..."Photos as seen on the website will not look anything like what you will receive"Then put that little box there that you have to check mark to accept the rules and policy before you can place the order.

I scense a return/refund coming in my near future...

Chris

Here we go again with these IM paint issues. SS should just start putting a disclaimer with there IM products like..."Photos as seen on the website will not look anything like what you will receive"Then put that little box there that you have to check mark to accept the rules and policy before you can place the order.

I scense a return/refund coming in my near future...

Chris

:lol:lol:lolgreat post!!!

The problem is that retailers are not the shippers; Sideshow ships direct to us from their warehouse (I bought mine from AE) so the retailers cannot check them. Also, the retailers should not have to check each Ironman because they are not Sideshow's quality control.

If anything, Sideshow should get their warehouse people to start the arduous job of checking them so they can do the exchanges on the spot and possibly start another batch since their QC screwed the pooch at the factory. Yeah, it would be very painful, but the way this product turned out is completely unacceptable from the bottom up.

Agreed. The blame is Sideshow's alone. The retailers did not manufacture these and should not be responsible for QC

Absolutely awful, what a letdown. I am a reasonable guy but come on Sideshow!!! $500 of my hard earned money for an amateur paint job?

e871e0a0.jpg

5851371d.jpg

16e6dcb8.jpg

yes,
I really feel this piece was just rushed in every way. The attention to detail is not there and mine is going back.

016.jpg

Mouth just doesnt line up!

Last edited:
I got mine and have the same issue in the chin area. If the piece was bought from Alter Ego, how would we go about the exchange anyhow?
I will be contacting them early in the morning.

I got mine and have the same issue in the chin area. If the piece was bought from Alter Ego, how would we go about the exchange anyhow?

You will have to work through Alter Ego :(

You need to take clear pictures and email thm to Marc at AE. He will then contact Sideshow for a replacement. AE has great customer service and they will do the best they can.

Gosh, this issue make me want to cancel this status..... I need to talk to my retailer about this now!!

How come it seems to be the chin so much, it's like one person did nothing but chins and kept stuffing it up, while no supervisor noticed any of it.

How come it seems to be the chin so much, it's like one person did nothing but chins and kept stuffing it up, while no supervisor noticed any of it.

maybe he knew he was gonna be layed off and was like screw this IM crap!:rotfl

I would pay $1000 for this if SS could promis top notch quality. Get them painted here in north america if they have to, I pay for quality not a childs arts & crafts statue. Its insane they keep having the same issues over and over and over. Lower the ES, get them painted properly and thats it!...whats so hard about this?

Chris

I would pay $1000 for this if SS could promis top notch quality. Get them painted here in north america if they have to, I pay for quality not a childs arts & crafts statue. Its insane they keep having the same issues over and over and over. Lower the ES, get them painted properly and thats it!...whats so hard about this?

Chris

actually chris, with a 1k budget, you could probably send it off to get re-painted and still have many left over.

The official ES may be unchanged but you would probably have the only one IM mark VI with a stellar paint job :exactly:

With this paint issue going on again with IM, im not sure whether to be sad or happy.. that im scheduled to get this by the end of this year thru a retailer.

happy?? that theres still some time for sideshow to fix this problem

or

sad?? that all returned items at this time, might be the same ones getting shipped later.

and then theres WM to worry bout as well.

With this paint issue going on again with IM, im not sure whether to be sad or happy.. that im scheduled to get this by the end of this year thru a retailer.

happy?? that theres still some time for sideshow to fix this problem

or

sad?? that all returned items at this time, might be the same ones getting shipped later.

and then theres WM to worry bout as well.

i dont think war machine will have paint issues!it's only grey for god's sake!:dunno:dunno

Back