Ironman 1/4th Maquette paint apps- widespread problems?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup I got my email, thanks Dusty. Not too keen on the idea of killing my Iron man with a Hammer though... :thwak :crying

Sideshow should only respond to people that ordered and recieved this piece, the rest should buzz off.

People who have ordered this have a right to voice their opinion. Its better that this gets resolved before they ship them out and have more returns on their hands.

You know what would be great....how about SS actually making quality collectibles again. That way we wouldnt have so many threads like this.

Chris

You know what would be great....how about SS actually making quality collectibles again. That way we wouldnt have so many threads like this.

Chris

How can they ? SideShow's main goal is make the most money spending minimum necessary.What kind of quality would expect from a sweatshop ?

Webb your getting more cynical with every post. I am sure SS are worried about QC but they seem to be, at the moment at least, unable to rectify the problem.

Chris

A few Iron Man pieces with problem and all of a sudden they've stopped making quality items? :rotfl

How can they ? SideShow's main goal is make the most money spending minimum necessary.What kind of quality would expect from a sweatshop ?

I'm curious if you have proof to back up these BS accusations. If you feel that way why are you here and still buying their stuff?

A few Iron Man pieces with problem and all of a sudden they've stopped making quality items? :rotfl

I'm curious if you have proof to back up these BS accusations. If you feel that way why are you here and still buying their stuff?

I have proof,look at the house your rented from SS,already flaking off the main entrance.:lol

I don't think it's fair to keep knocking at SS for problems they ARE fixing.

I've ordered quite a few pieces from SS this year and save for the Mark VI, it's all been hunky dory.

I have proof,look at the house your rented from SS,already flaking off the main entrance.:lol

That's weak man. Best u got is to poke fun at my house? Totally side stepping the question.

I don't think it's fair to keep knocking at SS for problems they ARE fixing.

I've ordered quite a few pieces from SS this year and save for the Mark VI, it's all been hunky dory.

Obviously some folks have an agenda. They'll never let it go because a few pieces had an issue.

well someone at sideshow knew the issues with this maquette yet still released them for distribution!why?someone obviously had to have checked them so why did they get distributed at all?money:wink1: to keep the fans happy on release day:cuckoo: why?simple question:dunno

well someone at sideshow knew the issues with this maquette yet still released them for distribution!why?someone obviously had to have checked them so why did they get distributed at all?money:wink1: to keep the fans happy on release day:cuckoo: why?simple question:dunno

Sorry man but you are off base on this one.

It's pure speculation that someone from SS knew about this beforehand and this was not rushed to be on time.

In fact it's a quarter early. :cuckoo:

I've dropped entire lines due to poor QC (Ie: Dinosauria). I've had to return almost every piece SS has ever sent me for replacment or refund. I dont think I've ever been shipped something from SS and...JUST KEPT IT. This is NOT just a few IM pieces with issues, if SS has stopped shipping statues till the end of the year...its clearly MORE than a few. The 1:1 IM Bust was more than a "few" with issues....the 1/2 IM was more than a "few" with issues. They obviously are creating a bad track record for their IM line. How anyone is still able to PO a IM collectible from SS and keep a stright face is beyond me. When I first saw this 1/4 go up for PO I KNEW it was going to be plagued with more issues...I just had a feeling. And you know what, WM will have issues as well. SS's QC has become so predictable that its getting easier and easier to NOT order something from them. The longer they keep having these same issues attched to inflated prices the harder it will be for them to gain new customers. The older loyal customers will slowly taper off. Thats when SS will start making collectibles out of even CHEAPER materials to try and recoupe the cash thats not coming in like it use to. Its already started...

Dinosauria line....Hollow
LSB line..hollow
1:1 Im bust...hollow
1:1 Hulk bust...hollow
1:1 Carnage bust...hollow
1:1 Thor bust.......hollow
1/2 Iron man......paper thin AND hollow

The list gos on and on....

As much as I hate to think about it, I believe the new Optimus prime maquette will arrive with issues as well as the Legacy nitery maquette. Only time will tell...

Chris

Well, that sucks for you then. I'm totally on the other side. I've virtually never had to return anything to Sideshow. Not cause I settled but because I received very good pieces in the mail. I don't think they've stopped shipping entirely but are checking the pieces one at a time is how I took what someone posted. Making sure what was done is just limited to a few pieces.

I ordered mine knowing that it would be a good one. I knew if any issue came up Sideshow would take care of it. Pretty simple approach. I highly doubt WM has any issues and if he does it will be taken care of. See thats the thing the issues are here and there at best and the customer base is just fine. As far as the prices do folks expect to pay Hasbro prices? I mean talk about naive at best. :lol

You realize some of that stuff is hollow cause it needs to be shipped that way or produced that way so the price isn't even higher than it is. If people gripe about pieces being solid and their cost just think about how much some of this stuff would be if it was solid. You don't get to have your cake and eat it too but that is lost on many collectors.

I don't get why folks if they have issues with any company keep buying from them?If you feel that negatively you will never allow yourself to enjoy something even if you get a good one.

Hollow does not mean lack of quality. I never understood the weight means quality argument. Now paper thin castings like the first batch of the IM 1:2 was bad QC. Thankfully SS got that sorted pretty quick.

It's pure speculation that someone from SS knew about this beforehand and this was not rushed to be on time.

One of two things happened. Either they knew there was an issue and shipped them anyway or they placed QC stickers on statues that did not pass through QC. Either way that is unacceptable IMO.

I realize these things are suppose to be expensive. The term high end collectable implies this. But with that expense should come the highest standards in materials, construction and QC. The 1:2 scale IM is $2k, and hollow as a piggybank. Seems wrong to me. Just my opinion. Josh be gentle with me :)

Last edited:
Your first part is pure speculation one of which I would almost guarantee is false. No I don't know anything just gong off of how they approach things in how they want us to get great items. The rest is your opinion which you're entitled to.

One of two things happened. Either they knew there was an issue and shipped them anyway or they placed QC stickers on statues that did not pass through QC. Either way that is unacceptable IMO.

Exactly.

Your first part is pure speculation one of which I would almost guarantee is false. No I don't know anything just gong off of how they approach things in how they want us to get great items. The rest is your opinion which you're entitled to.

Either the first batch with all the bad chins, etc was looked at, someone said, "That's OK, it doesn't matter' and slapped a QC sticker on the side and sent it out.

OR

No one looked at them, the QC sticker was just slapped on the side and it was all sent out.

The only thing that is 'pure speculation' is which one happened.

However, the pure simple fact is that it has to be one of them, neither of which is that great an outcome.

Same could be said for the faux bronze smaugs from Weta. ;)

Though I don't believe that to be true and it's pure idiocy to believe it about either company.

Edit: if it is indeed fact I'm curious how you know guru?

Same could be said for the faux bronze smaugs from Weta. ;)

Except that didn't start to happen till after shipping, (sitting in a boat for a couple of months from China), plus for some people that received it, the base was all fine to start with and then the problem showed up.

In other words, it was looked over, passed QC, shipped and then an issue developed. At which point Weta got right on it, stopped all further shipments and are now working on a solution.

So no, the same thing couldn't be said.

Edit: if it is indeed fact I'm curious how you know guru?

Unless you can come up with a logical third option, one of those has to be true.

Except that didn't start to happen till after shipping, (sitting in a boat for a couple of months from China), plus for some people that received it, the base was all fine to start with and then the problem showed up.

In other words, it was looked over, passed QC, shipped and then an issue developed. At which point Weta got right on it, stopped all further shipments and are now working on a solution.

So no, the same thing couldn't be said.

Don't use the sitting on the boat as an excuse. :lol For some it was fine to start with but most it sounds like was right out of the box and its been the entire run (unlike the Iron Man pieces where it isn't the entire run).

Could be cheap materials where used and cheap glue? Used to save money with the hopes it would last long enough they wouldn't have to do anything about it. Its really easy to toss out baseless accusations against a company but for me I tend to use my brain a bit and not do that.

Do you know it was looked over? Where you at the factory to see each piece get the once over?

Weta has done the same thing SS has done in this regard.

So yeah its the same thing can be said. I hate to burst your bubble but it is.

The thing is none of its true against either company but just one of those things. Which like I said I am quite confident knowing how great the folks at both places are.

Unless you can come up with a logical third option, one of those has to be true.

Yeah, plain and simple some oversight on a few pieces over the course of 2800. They cannot humanly check all 2800 pieces and not miss something. Just not gonna happen.

Back