Statue Iron Studios Thanos 1/4 Legacy Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone feel like the editin size is high, I actually canceled both thanos and Spider-Man because of the way that they marketed the piece they made it seem like it was a “ made to order” piece.

It is possible that they got nearly that many orders in. Iron Studios has a good reputation now and the movie was a tiny bit successful. 850 is not really an insane number.

... I never got that impression from the marketing.
In an age of ESA in the literal 1000's, 850 and 730 respectively is not bad. All luck to you I guess.

Anyone feel like the editin size is high, I actually canceled both thanos and Spider-Man because of the way that they marketed the piece they made it seem like it was a “ made to order” piece.

Maybe it's because you're new to this hobby, but Iron Studios have nearly always waited in announcing their edition sizes on the 1/4 scale pieces. I can only think of their Darth Vader in which I believe they announced the edition size at preorder.

And it's not only Iron Studios but Sideshow who have been doing the same thing for years on pretty much all their pieces. With them not announcing the edition size until much, much later. Whereas with this Thanos piece it was fairly quick. In the past couple of years there haven't been many edition sizes announced at preorder other than the Thanos on Throne, and maybe a few others.

And given the increase in manufactures flooding the market with a variety of options, compared to only a few years back, I won't be surprised if every manufacturer eventually goes even more extreme whereby it actually does become made to order.

I don't buy stataues because of the edition size. I buy them because there pieces of art.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I don't buy stataues because of the edition size. I buy them because there pieces of art.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Edition size is going to mean less and less as more statues are produced and released into the wild.

So while I don't let the edition effect my purchasing decisions, I rather not buy a piece where the edition size is in excess of 5,000 of which Sideshow seems to be reaching for certain pieces.

Yes I am new to purchasing statue pieces, before I mainly collected smaller figures, and actually had never heard of sideshow or any other of these conpanies never knew these awesome beasts were out there. Thats why I created a account here to better understand and actually get others opinions. Didn’t mean to offend anyone I was asking a serious question for my noob self lol.

Yes I am new to purchasing statue pieces, before I mainly collected smaller figures, and actually had never heard of sideshow or any other of these conpanies never knew these awesome beasts were out there. Thats why I created a account here to better understand and actually get others opinions. Didn’t mean to offend anyone I was asking a serious question for my noob self lol.

No problem, we were all newbies once.

I'm going to assume that most of the previous figures that you purchased didn't really have edition sizes and most likely were produced in excess of many of the edition sizes that these statues are produced.

But at the end of the day it's going to be you that is going to be making the purchase and you have to be happy with the decision, but keep in mind that no matter the edition size for licences pieces the odds nowadays of the piece keeping its value isn't all that great anymore because of the vast quantity of statues being produced by multiple manufacturers.

If you can find them please show me!!!! I cant find any Civil War pieces at retail!!!!

Just overpriced now.

It was from the Iron Studios Instagram account so you’re probably right about Brazil being first. Though with a run of 850 I can’t imagine Sideshow will be that far behind? Nice to see an update though.

I have to admit that I did not expect this one to be on schedule. My wallet has gone into hiding.

Back