Statue Iron Studios Thanos 1/4 Legacy Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's the baddest of the bad. I had to order this exceptional piece straight away. I've a feeling when Infinity War part comes out, people will wish they had pre ordered.

I also ordered thanos on the moment he was up for pre-order, even rsvp it on Sideshow. I have seen quiet a few say it’s not a patch on throne thanos, that maybe the case for some but I much rather IW thanos, not just because I like the motivations better, but I like the symbolic design of him, no armour, just the gauntlet in one hand, bare hand in the other. I always have been put off by his comic book design of two gloves and his armour etc, not to mention lady death aspect. Plus this is the design of thanos that got everyone talking in the summer of 2018, how can I pass up such an amazing piece

This is a tough call. I'm a big fan of iron studios and have no doubt they will do a great job on this. And I really liked the movie and the character. My problem is with Marvel's choice of costume for Thanos in the movie.

This is a tough call. I'm a big fan of iron studios and have no doubt they will do a great job on this. And I really liked the movie and the character. My problem is with Marvel's choice of costume for Thanos in the movie.
Ah yes the old "he should have been wearing armor even though he had infinity stones and clearly didn't need armor to kick everyone's ass" complaint XD

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I also ordered thanos on the moment he was up for pre-order, even rsvp it on Sideshow. I have seen quiet a few say it’s not a patch on throne thanos, that maybe the case for some but I much rather IW thanos, not just because I like the motivations better, but I like the symbolic design of him, no armour, just the gauntlet in one hand, bare hand in the other. I always have been put off by his comic book design of two gloves and his armour etc, not to mention lady death aspect. Plus this is the design of thanos that got everyone talking in the summer of 2018, how can I pass up such an amazing piece

I agree, though I doubt many will agree.

Even though I do read Marvel comics, physical versions when I was younger and now periodically via the Marvel Unlimted app; I'm more of a movie statue collector as that's just what I prefer. So even though I knew of the comic version, it's the movie one that has resonated with me for the past number of years through the cameos and finally the Infinity War movie.

And I loved his motivations in the movie, and I more or less understood where they come from (evil that they are). I've read so many threads and posts saying why couldn't he just enlarge the universe or create the additional resources for an overpopulated universe. My problem with that argument is that Thanos was actually trying to 'save' the universe and teach them a lesson in a very harsh way that they'll have to take to heart for future generations. If he had simply created additional resources, those people would've grown in numbers and used them too and celebrated their good luck, and they would've been right back where they started. But playing devils advocate, by doing what he did, you can be certain the governments of the universe would slowly but surely enact policies to maintain growth and ensure the use of resources in a responsible manner, like I assumed occurred to Gamora's home world, as well as possibly many other planets he 'saved' which he used as his blueprint.

Is he an evil monster and tyrant, hell yes. But he was certainly effective.

I actually didn't mind the armour-less look of his. Given that he had multiple Infinity gems/stones I didn't see the need. Imo it was sort of symbolic him removing his armour.

And I seriously doubt that if he were wearing that armour it would've saved him from Stormbreaker plunging into his chest.

But with the damaged Gauntlet you never know, he might have to go back to wearing armour in Avengers 4.

I actually didn't mind the armour-less look of his. Given that he had multiple Infinity gems/stones I didn't see the need. Imo it was sort of symbolic him removing his armour.

And I seriously doubt that if he were wearing that armour it would've saved him from Stormbreaker plunging into his chest.

But with the damaged Gauntlet you never know, he might have to go back to wearing armour in Avengers 4.

I get that he didn't really need the armor. Still doesn't change that it was simply a much cooler look for the character. The best cinematic villains look menacing and Thanos just looks way more agressive with the armor on. That is what I want from a statue to be displayed in my house.

I agree, though I doubt many will agree.

Even though I do read Marvel comics, physical versions when I was younger and now periodically via the Marvel Unlimted app; I'm more of a movie statue collector as that's just what I prefer. So even though I knew of the comic version, it's the movie one that has resonated with me for the past number of years through the cameos and finally the Infinity War movie.

And I loved his motivations in the movie, and I more or less understood where they come from (evil that they are). I've read so many threads and posts saying why couldn't he just enlarge the universe or create the additional resources for an overpopulated universe. My problem with that argument is that Thanos was actually trying to 'save' the universe and teach them a lesson in a very harsh way that they'll have to take to heart for future generations. If he had simply created additional resources, those people would've grown in numbers and used them too and celebrated their good luck, and they would've been right back where they started. But playing devils advocate, by doing what he did, you can be certain the governments of the universe would slowly but surely enact policies to maintain growth and ensure the use of resources in a responsible manner, like I assumed occurred to Gamora's home world, as well as possibly many other planets he 'saved' which he used as his blueprint.

Is he an evil monster and tyrant, hell yes. But he was certainly effective.

Yeah I agree like defiantly there

I have read it also has it’s the marvel comic to read of gauntlet and thanos quest.

Many wouldn’t like I have seen it, but? Marvel really wanted the big bad of the MCU, the lady death aspect for me hurts the character for a few reasons

1 - you add lady death you put the character in the situation where once again it feels like another Lacky villain almost TDKR bane aspect, with this motivation for thanos it very much is the end of the line for this storyline running 6 to 10 years, he is the end of the line, lady death would hurt that

2 - I just don’t think doing it for someone he’s obssesed with quiet works, there is almost the lady death aspect for his love for his daughter gamora. So removing that lady death aspect, you very much making sure he is the big bad.

The stones whole nature seems to destroy not create, so it’s passing the buck using more resources when I don’t think they have that ability. MCU I feel had decided thanos’s motivation probably since 2013. But if you look at guardians of the galaxy volume 1, you see on nowhere an over population has the meet the collector, so this motivation seems to be in the works for a while now since guardians of the galaxy started filming with Gunn in 2013. Hell look at drax and gamora’s anger towards Ronan and thanos for murdering the family’s, so there is hints both ronan and especially thanos murdered planets population because of resources drying up.

I do think they had a lady death aspect with josh, but I think they may have changed motivations by marvel and Gunn when filming guardians, and went with what seems to be a running theme with the MCU, father and children family themes. We seen it with yondu and Peter, Tony and peter, thanos, Gamora and nebula, Tony and his parents

How soon before we get a bleeding edge statue

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

On instagram IS said this pair is all we're getting from Infinity War :( I would have really liked to see them take a turn on Thor or Dr Strange. I need a good Thor.

IS is the only studio bringing my MCU collection to life with any justice.

On instagram IS said this pair is all we're getting from Infinity War :( I would have really liked to see them take a turn on Thor or Dr Strange. I need a good Thor.

IS is the only studio bringing my MCU collection to life with any justice.

I agree. I also really wanted an MCU Thor from Iron Studios.

As I'm months away from packing away my Sideshow piece back into its box to make up some room for other pieces.

Oh man that sucks. I really wanted an IS iron Man as I missed out of the civil war statue :(

Oh man that sucks. I really wanted an IS iron Man as I missed out of the civil war statue :(

Unless you were buying the full diorama set, getting the Mark 46 on its own wouldn't have been the best idea as the base is quite poor on its own unfortunately imo.

And I pretty much guarantee you wouldn't have liked it given the possible light leakage, which mine has in abundance unfortunately when all the room lights are switched off.

Unless you were buying the full diorama set, getting the Mark 46 on its own wouldn't have been the best idea as the base is quite poor on its own unfortunately imo.

And I pretty much guarantee you wouldn't have liked it given the possible light leakage, which mine has in abundance unfortunately when all the room lights are switched off.
I was going to get iron Man and cap. Your the first person to say they got a bad one. Then again I haven't followed that thread in a while.

I was going to get iron Man and cap. Your the first person to say they got a bad one. Then again I haven't followed that thread in a while.

I barely even bother mentioning light leakage problems with an Iron Man piece. It's pretty much par for the course.

I barely even bother mentioning light leakage problems with an Iron Man piece. It's pretty much par for the course.
My mark VI doesn't bleed nor does my mark 7 half scale, or life size bust or IA mark 42. Mabe it's more of a I/4 scale issue.

I lied. My mark VI has a little light bleed at the mouth. It's taken me this long to spot it and I display it with the lights on.

On instagram IS said this pair is all we're getting from Infinity War :(

Dang, that's a shame. Wonder why? I wish they would do more 1/4 statues, and/or revisit older movies. Some female statues would be lovely, too.

Could you imagine IS doing, say, a 1/4 Ronan or Nebula?

They would be so beautiful... :monkey2

Back