Iron Studios - Spider Man Legacy Replica - 1/4 Scale from "Far from Home"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Iron Studios - Spider Man Legacy Replica - 1/4 Scale from "Far from Home"

Not denying anything you?ve said. And you?re right as an investment older comics will always be commanding attention. Since the 90s explosion in popularity there are so many speculators in the comic book market. And I do see an end in statue collecting, but the comics themselves will always be in demand for many reasons.

I was only saying the art is just not for me, and yes while I prefer the new art style since the early 90s, the quality of the storyline?s can be all over the place no matter the era.
I get it man the older style is not for everyone.
Just like some art. I see a square and nothing else some people see a square with a dozen roses coming out of it. Clearly I'm exaggerating :) but you get the point. I personally love the look of statues but hate the price. For less than the price of 1 statue I got X-Men 10,11,12,13,14,15,16 all cgc graded of 4.0 or higher. And if they ever make a movie with juggernaut, like an MCU fill, 11 and 12 will double in value.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I get it man the older style is not for everyone.
Just like some art. I see a square and nothing else some people see a square with a dozen roses coming out of it. Clearly I'm exaggerating :) but you get the point. I personally love the look of statues but hate the price. For less than the price of 1 statue I got X-Men 10,11,12,13,14,15,16 all cgc graded of 4.0 or higher. And if they ever make a movie with juggernaut, like an MCU fill, 11 and 12 will double in value.

No I get your point totally. If anything I’m in the wrong here.

And yes statues are totally inflated and we’ve got no one to blame but the collecting community as a whole for accepting these prices. Heck I just put in a preorder for the Queen Studios 1/2 scale Aquaman. And while the price itself isn’t too bad, because I have to import it, it’s going to cost me about the same that I spent on any 2 of the 1/2 Trinity from Prime 1, because I could get those locally.

And I should’ve thought beyond the price of CGC graded slabs, but the history they carry or worth collectors put on them. I personally don’t enjoy the artwork on some of those pieces, but to have the first appearances of some of our favourite characters would be beyond cool.

And at least with them they’re likely to appreciate, whereas with the statues they are like new cars. Once you drive them from the lot, they drop like a rock in value.

Not denying anything you?ve said. And you?re right as an investment older comics will always be commanding attention. Since the 90s explosion in popularity there are so many speculators in the comic book market. And I do see an end in statue collecting, but the comics themselves will always be in demand for many reasons.

I was only saying the art is just not for me, and yes while I prefer the new art style since the early 90s, the quality of the storyline?s can be all over the place no matter the era.

An end to statue collecting? Hmmm I wonder if my modest collection will have any value in 10 years since it mostly revolves around film MCU. But IMO buy for the love of the piece. And looking at this if I had the funds I'd go for it, and not into Spidey.

It's spectacular. And expensive. It's like IS never even cares if a piece sells, it's go big or go home. Insane fluid sculpts and engineering.

I?ve never been interested in CGC books. I personally would prefer the statues over graded comics. Actually I?m fine just getting the Omnibus? and reading stories digitally via apps like Marvel Unlimited.

With a statue you get to enjoy it for what it is but with an old comic in a slab, you can?t even touch the damn thing.

Yes it?s a better investment in a lot of cases, though those spec books can be risky.

And anyway in general, buying statues hasn?t been a good investment since I first started collecting like 5-6 years ago.

What's funny is ...I have to be able to read my comics too. I collected comics since the 4th grade ...and it was always about the art and the story. So yea, I love rereading them over and over again. But some of the comics I love ...I also love the cover ...so those are the ones I would buy CGC graded. But I would have a second copy of them for reading purposes.

What's funny is ...I have to be able to read my comics too. I collected comics since the 4th grade ...and it was always about the art and the story. So yea, I love rereading them over and over again. But some of the comics I love ...I also love the cover ...so those are the ones I would buy CGC graded. But I would have a second copy of them for reading purposes.

Most comics that I love I pretty much already have various Omnibuses, hard covers or trades, which makes it relatively easy to read. I can’t remember the last time I bought single issues.

I remember when I was younger I bought all those Marvel Essentials which had all the early issues of X-Men , Avengers, Fantastic Four and Spider-Man. I read them again and again for the story more than just the artwork, so I didn’t mind that they were printed in black and white on newspaper stock paper.

With the digital age that we live in most of the silver ages comics are $1. I just bought and sent out for grading FF #49 the first full appearance of Galactus. I also bought 48,49,50 and 51 on sale for $1 on the marvel comics app. Also today's comics come with a digital code for a free copy. Granted I don't think there are a lot of comics in today's market that will ever inflate to the prices of silver age comics.
So I don't grade my newer comics but I still take care of them. I buy them flip through the pages get that code and bag it. And read it fully on the app.

With the digital age that we live in most of the silver ages comics are $1. I just bought and sent out for grading FF #49 the first full appearance of Galactus. I also bought 48,49,50 and 51 on sale for $1 on the marvel comics app. Also today's comics come with a digital code for a free copy. Granted I don't think there are a lot of comics in today's market that will ever inflate to the prices of silver age comics.
So I don't grade my newer comics but I still take care of them. I buy them flip through the pages get that code and bag it. And read it fully on the app.

Unlike when I was a kid, I’m in no real rush anymore to be up to date with comics. That’s why the Marvel Unlimited app is perfect for me. Just for the price of $70 USD, I can read all the comics that I want, but I’m only 6 months behind. There are a lot of collectors here who haven’t read a new comic for as long as a few of us have been alive. I just wish DC had the same type of service.

Most comics that I love I pretty much already have various Omnibuses, hard covers or trades, which makes it relatively easy to read. I can’t remember the last time I bought single issues.

I remember when I was younger I bought all those Marvel Essentials which had all the early issues of X-Men , Avengers, Fantastic Four and Spider-Man. I read them again and again for the story more than just the artwork, so I didn’t mind that they were printed in black and white on newspaper stock paper.

Yea, I hear ya ...love omnibuses, hardcovers and trades as well. I have those for more recent comic series ...series that I care to have hardcopies for. Otherwise, I like digital comics, too.

For my later comics ...I have a whole collection of singles. And for all of them I try to keep them as mint as possible. Some of my favorites, I have 2 copies, so I keep one pristine and the other for reading. And even then, I find myself trying to keep the reading copy in great condition, too.

Yea, I hear ya ...love omnibuses, hardcovers and trades as well. I have those for more recent comic series ...series that I care to have hardcopies for. Otherwise, I like digital comics, too.

For my later comics ...I have a whole collection of singles. And for all of them I try to keep them as mint as possible. Some of my favorites, I have 2 copies, so I keep one pristine and the other for reading. And even then, I find myself trying to keep the reading copy in great condition, too.

I used to keep long boxes as well, but mostly for the singles I bought as a kid in the 90s when they were releasing so many damn variants etc, where I was buying up to 30 titles a month. I never really got anything older than that (in singles), but I did keep a lot in great condition, but as I got older I was going what am I doing, these ‘newer’ comics aren’t even worth what I bought them for, and now they’re somewhere in the house collecting dust.

Now I read Marvel on the Marvel Unlimited app, but unfortunately I’m way behind on my DC, and just read Omnibuses, and various OHC’s.

For some of my expensive Golden Age comics, I’ll also buy a cheap coverless copy. That way I still get to experience reading a 75+ year old comic.

This piece is finally up for preorder on Sideshow’s website.

*crickets* :p

*crickets* :p

Too pricey and niche for my liking. I have all the Infinity War and Endgame IS statues (1/4 and 1/10) so this would stand out as an oddity in my collection. Light up feature going bad is a risk and the pix-elated look is a bit off for me.

Over priced just like every statue these days and hard to fit into a collection.

I wish they would stop trying to push different suits. I guess I’m old school. I like red and blue classic Spider-Man. I love the “busy” bases with a lot of action, but this looks like a collection of chewing gum.

It seems I’m the only one who has this on preorder.

The price is annoying, but was somewhat expected.

But I’m tailing off on my collecting, so if I see something I want I just preorder it, even if it’s overpriced because I know I’ll be out sooner or later.

And the busy argument, has always seemed odd to me, but then I’ve always like diorama pieces.

I wish they would stop trying to push different suits. I guess I’m old school. I like red and blue classic Spider-Man. I love the “busy” bases with a lot of action, but this looks like a collection of chewing gum.

That’ll never stop. Every movie will probably have a different suit, as it’s all about merchandise sales, plain and simple. Other than the black being used, this suit has barely any difference from the previous one.

the price is outrageous. at least those willing to bend over will be assured a small edition size.

I’m guessing an edition size of 300. I’m another collector that has this on order, the light up features sold me on this piece, and like Phoenixblazes like a good diorama. For me because I only get movie pieces, I guess I have more room in the budget to pay a little more. Not collecting comic statues saves me in the long run.

It seems I?m the only one who has this on preorder.

The price is annoying, but was somewhat expected.

But I?m tailing off on my collecting, so if I see something I want I just preorder it, even if it?s overpriced because I know I?ll be out sooner or later.

And the busy argument, has always seemed odd to me, but then I?ve always like diorama pieces.
I'll definitely be getting this. I don't have it on preorder yet. I'm waiting to see when the rest of the End Game pieces come out so I don't have too much overlap.

I really love the base on this, I like a dio type base when it works for the character. This does.

Back