Statue Iron Studios Jaws license

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With regards to the sculpt again.. It may just be the pics and the fact I cant get a really good view of it. IDK. It looks off for sure. but seeing the full shark could help. Paint still looks average though and not even close to film accurate.
As well as they've captured texture on some of their 1/10 pieces, the shark seems to lack that texture and detailed paint that this needs.

With regards to the sculpt again.. It may just be the pics and the fact I cant get a really good view of it. IDK. It looks off for sure. but seeing the full shark could help. Paint still looks average though and not even close to film accurate.
i think the head appears too missle-like, too narrow and pointy. and the proportions of the side face area don't look right at all. The bridge, crown or ridge of the nose is wayyyyyyy too high, it's really off and that's just the start. That's what i first noticed. This thing is gonna be an easy $2500.

iu

Fa0JCKC.png

i think the head appears too missle-like, too narrow and pointy. and the proportions of the side face area don't look right at all. The bridge, crown or ridge of the nose is wayyyyyyy too high, it's really off and that's just the start. That's what i first noticed. This thing is gonna be an easy $2500.

iu

Fa0JCKC.png
Side by side shows just how off this is.

iu

Fa0JCKC.png

Watched the video and Bruce did look better in some shots. Still not perfect yes not accurate to that scene.

Thing is about Bruce is he never looks the same in any scene. 3 sharks used plus water damage saw to that. So I can forgive the above look they are going for.

Knowing me I will probably get this. :lol

Inaccuracies aside I would probably be interested in this if it were reasonably priced but it won't be.

Just not the "Jaws/Orca" scene that I would want in my collection.

I would have preferred:
- Quint at the bow of the Orca; that cool evening shot of him waiting for the shark to return.
Quint.jpg

- Brody either chumming in the back or holding on to the rigging on the side of the boat. (I can already hear the John Williams "One Barrel Chase" track...)
Brody.jpg

- Hooper drives the boat, Chief.

Lol I'll put it right next to the two 3k Deloreans they are making. These small scale pieces have appeal but not at these absurd prices that I reserve for splurging on 1/3 and larger.

idk. It’s cool. 40” long. 31” tall, Bruce looks like a generic made for SyFy channel shark and the price is outrageous.
Color2-7.jpg

Chief Brody looks pretty bad.

9-6.jpg

Looks like they don’t have likeness rights for either character. Quint’s hand looks to be purposely covering his face :lol. Kinda reminds me of an Ed Wood movie

Last edited:
Yeah, I'll stick with my McFarlane one at a fraction of the cost and almost 99% of the same nostalgia level.

In general I think it's a pretty spectacular presentation. I feel like the shark is too big though. Looks borderline megalodon.

Back