Statue [Iron Studios] Iron Man Mark XLII

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick update:

Iron Man Mark XLII 1/4 Scale - Final list!

1- GodofWar-Alberto G. (+ 1 Iron Man, 1 War Machine and 1 Iron Patriot Key Chains) - Contacted via Private message!
2- Ronald G. FULL BALANCE PAID! SHIPPED!
3- DVDVampire - David A (+ 2 IM + 2 IP + 2 WM keychain) FULL BALANCE PAID! 8th on the shipping list SHIPPED! RECEIVED!
4- GodofWar-Alberto G. (Second piece) Henry35 FULL BALANCE PAID! SHIPPED!
5- Available! Available! Available!
6- Marc-Andre-Drum18 (+1 Iron Man Key Chain) FULL BALANCE PAID! 1st on the shipping list SHIPPED! RECEIVED!
7- Jye- Ryan L. (+ 2 Iron Man and 1 Iron Patriot Key Chains) FULL BALANCE PAID! 7th on the shipping list SHIPPED! RECEIVED!
8- Jojo Galang FULL BALANCE PAID! 18th on the shipping list SHIPPED! RECEIVED!
9- Sen Wei Oon-oonsw05 (+ 2 IM + 2 IP keychain) FULL BALANCE PAID! 5th on the shipping list SHIPPED! RECEIVED!
10- F. Hernandez-Mr.Zero (+ 2 Iron Man Key Chain) - Contacted via Private message! IM Replaced by Obulob
11- C. Thomas - traylorc
12- Luis - LV41475 - FULL BALANCE PAID! SHIPPED!
13- Thunderlips Payment on 11/20!
14- Joe Ruany FULL BALANCE PAID! SHIPPED!
15- Brandon Lam-lamtsunfung (+ 1 Iron Man, 1 War Machine and 1 Iron Patriot Key Chains at $27) FULL BALANCE PAID! SHIPPED!
16- Y4NK33 PL4N3T FULL BALANCE PAID! 3rd on the shipping list SHIPPED! RECEIVED!
17- Kyle Z FULL BALANCE PAID! 19th on the shipping list SHIPPED!
18- Wu Tung Lun - Yatyau (+ 2 IM + 2 IP + 2 WM keychain) FULL BALANCE PAID! 12th on the shipping list SHIPPED!
19- George Smy (+ 2 IM + 1 IP + 1 WM keychain) FULL BALANCE PAID!29th on the shipping list SHIPPED!
20- George Smy FULL BALANCE PAID!30th on the shipping list SHIPPED!
21- thaistixx FULL BALANCE PAID! 13th on the shipping list To be shipped on DEC 1st!
22- Charles/TheMovieManiac FULL BALANCE PAID! 2nd on the shipping list SHIPPED!
23- ronald taylor/rocketrey FULL BALANCE PAID! 9th on the shipping list SHIPPED!
24- Ensandria Rendrata- Ersa FULL BALANCE PAID! 6th on the shipping list SHIPPED! RECEIVED!
25- Marc Heinz FULL BALANCE PAID! 10th on the shipping list SHIPPED! RECEIVED!
26- goh leong /hazzard FULL BALANCE PAID! 11th on the shipping list SHIPPED!
27- Robert Bernier / Mad Napper FULL BALANCE PAID! 4th on the shipping list SHIPPED! RECEIVED!
28- Available! Available! Available!
29- Paolo schiappacasse
30- Saymour Go FULL BALANCE PAID!25th on the shipping list SHIPPED!
31- Saymour GoFULL BALANCE PAID!26th on the shipping list SHIPPED!
32- Danny Chander FULL BALANCE PAID! 20th on the shipping list SHIPPED!
33- BarryAllen/ Bobby Trinh FULL BALANCE PAID!21th on the shipping list SHIPPED! RECEIVED!
34- Daren Sheng FULL BALANCE PAID!24th on the shipping list SHIPPED!
35- Daren Sheng FULL BALANCE PAID!27th on the shipping list SHIPPED!
36- Daren Sheng FULL BALANCE PAID!28th on the shipping list SHIPPED!
37- Daren Sheng FULL BALANCE PAID!31th on the shipping list SHIPPED!
38- Daren Sheng FULL BALANCE PAID!32th on the shipping list SHIPPED!
39- Daren Sheng FULL BALANCE PAID!33th on the shipping list SHIPPED!
40- Daren Sheng
41- Maxicollector * FULL BALANCE PAID!22nd on the shipping list SHIPPED!
42- Maxicollector * FULL BALANCE PAID!23rd on the shipping list SHIPPED!
43- PRF * It is my statue!
44- Adriano
45- Available! Available! Available!
46- Available! Available! Available!
47- Available! Available! Available!
48- James Taveggia / Noah* FULL BALANCE PAID! 14th on the shipping list SHIPPED!
49- Kantaphong* FULL BALANCE PAID! 16th on the shipping list SHIPPED!
50- Kantaphong* FULL BALANCE PAID! 17th on the shipping list SHIPPED!

Last edited:
Just got mine here in Ireland. The paint on mine is up there with any Sidershow Ironman statue I have gotten in the past. Top Class statue and I am very happy with mine.

Just got mine here in Ireland. The paint on mine is up there with any Sidershow Ironman statue I have gotten in the past. Top Class statue and I am very happy with mine.

For the most part I'm content with mine. It's about a 7 out of 10 in terms of the paint job (Sideshow would call that battle damage). My biggest complaints are the black outlines and the base. The bottom surface wasn't aligned properly when it was applied to the base.

For their first 1/4 scale statue out of the gate, it's still impressive.

Big thanks to Ricardo for getting this thing organized and taking care of us.

For the most part I'm content with mine. It's about a 7 out of 10 in terms of the paint job (Sideshow would call that battle damage). My biggest complaints are the black outlines and the base. The bottom surface wasn't aligned properly when it was applied to the base.

Congrats David :hi5: glad you received yours okay

Got any pics of the misaligned base?

First of all thanks for the compliments and I am really sorry about the misaligned base that passed through my inspection. I really did not pay attention to that. Please take some pictures and I will send them to Iron Studios.

Yesterday I received the Iron Man Mark 42 from Iron Studios, I have to say that is really disappointing, the painting job is a shame, bad frames, the silver zones are awful and painted with brush, etc...
The only good job is the sculpting, because the painting job is almost ridiculous , the only good thing is that if you not take a look closely doesn't apreciate this things.
I do not recommend this brand.

DSCF3542_zps50ebe4f5.jpg

DSCF3545_zps3431184a.jpg

DSCF3546_zps5c27a71b.jpg

DSCF3547_zps5c753687.jpg

DSCF3554_zps893260b3.jpg

DSCF3555_zpsbd293279.jpg

DSCF3556_zpsbace179d.jpg

I don't remember the seller name but I'm Spanish, I'm not form USA.

I feel sorry for you man. I have ordered 50 pieces and got a few that were looking just as bad as yours. I have returned them to Iron Studios. I do not know if you follow this thread but most of the guys here knew in advance about the problems with this piece.
I have opened and inspected all 50 pieces I received. All of them had painting problems but I have only kept the ones that were acceptable.
I also took pictures and made them available for everyone who pre-ordered this statue with me and a few guys even chose their statue edition number. You should have asked the store you bought this to open and inspect the piece and if possible to take some pictures for you.
I agree with you that Iron Studios have to improve their painting on their future releases. It does not look they did it with the Iron Man 1/10 scale by the production piece pictures released this morning. This 1/10 Iron MAn MArk XLII was probably painted by the same factory that did paint the 1/4 scale.
I have heard they are changing the factory they use in China because of these late problems and I think the first product being made on the new factory will be the Iron Man Mark VII 1/6 scale for the Avengers Dio. I really hope they step up and do a better job and most of all do a better job controlling the quality of their products. They have so much potential but they cannot keep doing this or they will be labelled as a second class collectibles company and it will be really difficult to get our hard earned money and our confidence again.

Last edited:
I feel sorry for you man. I have ordered 50 pieces and got a few that were looking just as bad as yours. I have returned them to Iron Studios. I do not know if you follow this thread but most of the guys here knew in advance about the problems with this piece.
I have opened and inspected all 50 pieces I received. All of them had painting problems but I have only kept the ones that were acceptable.
I also took pictures of the and made them available for everyone who pre-ordered this statue with me and a few guys even chose their statue edition number. You should have asked the store you bought this to open and inspect the piece and if possible to take some pictures for you.
I agree with you that Iron Studios have to improve their painting on their future releases. It does not look they did it with the Iron Man 1/10 scale by the production piece pictures released this morning. This 1/10 was probably painted by the same factory that did paint the 1/4 scale.
I heard they are changing the factory they use in China because of these late problems and I think the first product being made on the new factory will be the Iron Man Mark VII 1/6 scale for the Avengers Dio. I really hope they step up and do a better job and most of all do a better job with controlling the quality of their products. They have so much potential but they cannot keep doing this or they will be labelled as a second class collectibles company and it will be really difficult to get our hard earned money and our confidence again.

So does that mean the 1/6 Avenger Dio Hulk will be painted from the same company as this 1/4 Iron Man Mark XLII?

So does that mean the 1/6 Avenger Dio Hulk will be painted from the same company as this 1/4 Iron Man Mark XLII?

I really cannot confirm that. I know the were using 2 factories in China and now they added a third one. I hope that the Hulk dio is painted in a different factory or they have a much better quality control if they are using the same factory that painted the Iron Man 1/4. Some of the pieces I have seen here in the thread are really unacceptable and they should never have passed quality control.

I also took pictures of the and made them available for everyone who pre-ordered this statue with me and a few guys even chose their statue edition number. You should have asked the store you bought this to open and inspect the piece and if possible to take some pictures for you.
I agree with you that Iron Studios have to improve their painting on their future releases. It does not look they did it with the Iron Man 1/10 scale by the production piece pictures released this morning. This 1/10 Iron MAn MArk XLII was probably painted by the same factory that did paint the 1/4 scale.
I have heard they are changing the factory they use in China because of these late problems and I think the first product being made on the new factory will be the Iron Man Mark VII 1/6 scale for the Avengers Dio. I really hope they step up and do a better job and most of all do a better job controlling the quality of their products. They have so much potential but they cannot keep doing this or they will be labelled as a second class collectibles company and it will be really difficult to get our hard earned money and our confidence again.

Thanks for your help, I will try to contact to the store and tell him this.

No surprise but he paint app is definitely lacking. The brush strokes can be seen on several areas of the sculpt. From a distance though it's not noticeable and overall I'm happy with this purchase. Its a great looking statue and the light up feature is simply perfect. This company has a lot of work to do if they want to play with the big boys but an honest effort for a first time release.

11076593125_68c561ea23_b.jpg
[/url]image by -Tavegg-[/IMG]

11076762453_250240d603_b.jpg

11076592805_1d19118c18_b.jpg

No surprise but he paint app is definitely lacking. The brush strokes can be seen on several areas of the sculpt. From a distance though it's not noticeable and overall I'm happy with this purchase. Its a great looking statue and the light up feature is simply perfect. This company has a lot of work to do if they want to play with the big boys but an honest effort for a first time release.

11076593125_68c561ea23_b.jpg

11076762453_250240d603_b.jpg

11076592805_1d19118c18_b.jpg

Hey James, congrats on recieiving your MK42 pal :clap sorry to hear about the paint apps as they seem to be mentioned in most of the reviews on this piece. Like you say, its not like your viewing this piece close up with a magnifying glass each time you look at it...enjoy it my friend :hi5:

Back