Statue Iron Studios Captain America 1/4 Legacy Replica - Avengers End Game

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My arms stay on just fine as well, but there's not a feeling of security when the magnets grab. I like to feel a good, healthy pull from the magnets versus having to push the arm in without getting that nice "click" from the magnets grabbing.

Yeah, my magnets "work" but not like CW Falcon's, say, where I actually have to pull to get the magnet to release. Feel much better with the Tack-It. Just can't get those pics of the shattered SSC Kier arm out of my head, which also had an arm that used a pin/socket I guess.

Just don't get why IS opted for these magnets especially when the arm is at a vertical angle with gravity etc. :pfft:

Surprised to hear of any uncured paint issues:( - haven't run into anything like that. Luv the CW and IW bases. My worst issue is one of the Buckys has some kind of waterspot or something on the silver arm. It's there but hard to see depending on light. Still one of the favorite things I own.

maybe i'm not understanding what you guys are having issues with... but my arm takes a good pull to free it... and grabs it right back into place putting it back. i have zero concerns of it not holding. magnets seem perfectly fine to me.

I just unboxed mine, and all the magnets are weak. When I push it all the way in it’s almost like a friction hold rather than a magnetic one.

And as others have mentioned it really can tip over quite easily, so I put one of those rubber pads on the front.

I just unboxed mine, and all the magnets are weak. When I push it all the way in it’s almost like a friction hold rather than a magnetic one.

And as others have mentioned it really can tip over quite easily, so I put one of those rubber pads on the front.

That's really not good to hear... Mine has arrived in Manchester so hopefully out for delivery today fingers crossed

Number 1837 in the house, excuse the pics in dying light, am kinda mixed about him but definitely will be keeping, a few things I didn't like is the unmasked sculpt which I'm fairly sure will never be displayed by me, also the weathering on the shields, especially the full one, I think could be a lot better and looks kinda cheap. I noticed it in pics but in hand is still evident.

On the plus side, whilst mjolnir is extremely light, I don't have any issues with how it looks, and it moves around a bit so you somewhat alter the angle. I think other people said theirs rests on his leg, but mine wiggles around a bit and I guess I'm happy it won't be weighing the arm down. Having said that, they could have just made it connected to the arm, like the shield is, and put stronger magnets in...

To mirror phoenix's thoughts, I'm not worried about the arms falling off so won't be changing anything. I am a little tempted to add weathering to the head but not got the guts just yet lol

Nice pics! Yea mine had weak magnets as well but I also never felt the arms would just drop out of the sockets.

I like to not worry. For me it was the arm holding the helmet, which is firmly tacked in. It just wasn't an impressive hold like CW Falcon's arms.

In any event, IMO such a fantastic piece surprised there are any left at retail.

I like to not worry. For me it was the arm holding the helmet, which is firmly tacked in. It just wasn't an impressive hold like CW Falcon's arms.

In any event, IMO such a fantastic piece surprised there are any left at retail.

I think they made something like 4,000 of these. I was shocked at the edition size...

I think they made something like 4,000 of these. I was shocked at the edition size...

Yup, me too. And that’s only for the Deluxe! Does anyone know what it is for the Regular?

Especially considering their previous Caps had so low edition sizes. The Civil War only had 350 in comparison (and I’ve got two).

One thing I didn’t particularly like was how his upper body and head tilted so much to his right. But I found that by just putting some blu-tac on the right side of the neck joint and by tilting his head the other way it improved the look for me.

One thing I didn’t particularly like was how his upper body and head tilted so much to his right. But I found that by just putting some blu-tac on the right side of the neck joint and by tilting his head the other way it improved the look for me.

Any pics?

The regular ES is 150.
I think the Deluxe will be sold out in a few months, I saw someone with the number of 3500 so I think they start running out.

Yup, me too. And that?s only for the Deluxe! Does anyone know what it is for the Regular?

Especially considering their previous Caps had so low edition sizes. The Civil War only had 350 in comparison (and I?ve got two).

Ditto. Prob biased as WS is fav MCU character, but like one Cap/Bucky pair is where computer is on a desk hutch. LOL that's how I ended up
with two, it was a temp spot but then really liked them up there.

Anyway as light changes through day, I'd still say the pair are one of the finest things IS ever did, Bucky's sculpt especially impressive.

As is this piece but it's a more "end of the battle" serene noble look. Also IMO one of the finest things IS ever did. Tempted to pick up a second basic
version so I can display the helmet portrait, but Covid has tightened things up $$$$. Not a whine, just sayin'. 'Coz IS is threatening to put out some
Mandalorian stuff which I might not be able to pass up.

Any pics?

Afraid not, as there are already plenty of photos and videos around, and I didn’t think any photos taken on a phone would be beneficial.

The regular ES is 150.
I think the Deluxe will be sold out in a few months, I saw someone with the number of 3500 so I think they start running out.

Damn that’s nearly nothing at all! A low edition size would usually be good value, but in this case I think it means that simply no one wanted the regular.

And statues don’t necessarily get shipped/received according to their edition sizes. It’s supposed to be fairly random by most manufacturers.

Ditto. Prob biased as WS is fav MCU character, but like one Cap/Bucky pair is where computer is on a desk hutch. LOL that's how I ended up
with two, it was a temp spot but then really liked them up there.

Anyway as light changes through day, I'd still say the pair are one of the finest things IS ever did, Bucky's sculpt especially impressive.

As is this piece but it's a more "end of the battle" serene noble look. Also IMO one of the finest things IS ever did. Tempted to pick up a second basic
version so I can display the helmet portrait, but Covid has tightened things up $$$$. Not a whine, just sayin'. 'Coz IS is threatening to put out some
Mandalorian stuff which I might not be able to pass up.

While I love the CW Team Cap diorama with all three characters (which is why I got 2 whole sets), imo that Cap is probably their weakest of the three Caps that Iron Studios have done in this scale. Personally if it weren’t for all the options and it being from Endgane, this new piece would come second to the AOU piece.

And I just thought about the issue with the weak magnets. I was looking at the connection points on the lower arms and frankly I’ve never seen the paint caked on so thickly on top of the joint. It’s so thick you can’t even see the imprint of the magnet underneath. It kind of reminds me of when you apply icing to a cake, that’s how thick it is.

I’m starting to wonder if I should sand it down to improve the magnetic attraction between the joints.

And I just thought about the issue with the weak magnets. I was looking at the connection points on the lower arms and frankly I’ve never seen the paint caked on so thickly on top of the joint. It’s so thick you can’t even see the imprint of the magnet underneath. It kind of reminds me of when you apply icing to a cake, that’s how thick it is.

I’m starting to wonder if I should sand it down to improve the magnetic attraction between the joints.

I'm just gonna stick with the Tack-It; figure either the magnets are weak; or got weaker, or I don't know where the base magnet is set, or how, in the socket. Tho I never felt the arm was just gonna fall. Just didn't like the magnet not being super strong with the arm being straight down, and the helmet.

Used some Tack-It on the 1/10 BP fig too, for the hand that holds the gauntlet. That was too loose for me and fell off a couple of times.

This is a nice easy fix. I haven't pulled the trigger on mine yet, but have the tack-it and tested the head tilt manually and I think it'll help the overall look.

So my guy just came in this afternoon and he's going to have to go back. Someone got a bit confused with the paint brush at the factory.
Pretty disappointing because after all the talk on here about weak magnets the magnets on this one were absolutely perfect. Wish me luck with the next.

It's a really impressive statue though all the swap outs really change the attitude of the piece. My favourite from IS has still got to be Falcon but I can't wait to see how Iron Man in particular turns out.
782407a5c5f6e81e22b0bc93b1cade3b.jpg

So my guy just came in this afternoon and he's going to have to go back. Someone got a bit confused with the paint brush at the factory.
Pretty disappointing because after all the talk on here about weak magnets the magnets on this one were absolutely perfect. Wish me luck with the next.

It's a really impressive statue though all the swap outs really change the attitude of the piece. My favourite from IS has still got to be Falcon but I can't wait to see how Iron Man in particular turns out.
782407a5c5f6e81e22b0bc93b1cade3b.jpg

What's the issue with the paint you're referring to? I'm not seeing the difference from my statue.

Back