Statue Iron Studios Captain America 1/4 Legacy Replica - Avengers End Game

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received my tack-it from Amazon over the weekend and tried it out on my Deluxe Thanos. The hand holding the sword was a little too loose for me. I did as Sassafras instructed and spread it thinly over the joint of the hand, being careful to keep the end with the magnet uncovered. It is now very secure. You do really have to be careful to spread it thin though or you're not going to get it all the way back in the socket. Thanks again, Sassafras! :hi5:

Welcome:)! I luv this stuff for stuffing loose holes and posing cheats. Also fixing wobbly parts on 1/6 kitbashes (and smeared it on the bottom of table legs for a temporary hold when I stacked tables). Maybe any good poster or museum putty would work but have been happy with the Faber-Castell brand. Had some other poster putty years ago, but that one would get greasy after a while:(.

And yeah, no need to force because u can play with this stuff until it is the right fit. I have Cap posed with the helmet - without glue or putty that arm looked like an accident waiting to happen:horror:horror:horror.

And yeah, no need to force because u can play with this stuff until it is the right fit. I have Cap posed with the helmet - without glue or putty that arm looked like an accident waiting to happen:horror:horror:horror.

My putty arrived too! Even being very sparing with it I found that I had to keep removing more and more until the arm would fit in the socket. Fortunately, even a very small amount really seems to help make it secure. (I'm using the arm with helmet too.)

I did find that the paint tended to come off with the putty, at least on the stub part with the magnet, so I think I'd better be really careful about its coming into contact with the bits of the arm that show.

My putty arrived too! Even being very sparing with it I found that I had to keep removing more and more until the arm would fit in the socket. Fortunately, even a very small amount really seems to help make it secure. (I'm using the arm with helmet too.)

I did find that the paint tended to come off with the putty, at least on the stub part with the magnet, so I think I'd better be really careful about its coming into contact with the bits of the arm that show.

Good info. I ended up not removing any putty and just spread it very thin. I haven't done Cap yet as my Thanos sword hand was the thing my cats kept eyeballing. Cap is next as soon as I decide what my long term preferred look is. I love him with Moljnir but have Thor on the way and think maybe the original worthy one should wield it :)

Glad it is helping! Surprised to hear of any paint removal:(, but then again, my package is several years old. Maybe my putty is less aggressive with age? I know the one time I put a wig on a Black Widow I had to really work hard to get the wig back off the sculpt (still messing around with that project). Plus my Jawas are still standing on the base I stuck them to.:cool:

Tho being seagreen haven't used it where it would show, either, on anything.:horror There's clear museum putty - one day I will give that a try.:frank

Gonna guess humidity levels will affect the level of stickiness, too. But anyway my "helmet arm" seems rock solid. Love the far-away "end of the battle" effect. This is such a noble-looking piece.:love

Good info. I ended up not removing any putty and just spread it very thin. I haven't done Cap yet as my Thanos sword hand was the thing my cats kept eyeballing. Cap is next as soon as I decide what my long term preferred look is. I love him with Moljnir but have Thor on the way and think maybe the original worthy one should wield it

For me, the hammer just doesn't feel like Cap. Great movie/comic scene but to me Cap is the shield; maybe the helmet. I am gonna hafta wait on the "perfect" Thor tho. Mandalorian isn't helping $$$$$:horror

Glad it is helping! Surprised to hear of any paint removal:(, but then again, my package is several years old. Maybe my putty is less aggressive with age? I know the one time I put a wig on a Black Widow I had to really work hard to get the wig back off the sculpt (still messing around with that project). Plus my Jawas are still standing on the base I stuck them to.:cool:

Tho being seagreen haven't used it where it would show, either, on anything.:horror There's clear museum putty - one day I will give that a try.:frank

Gonna guess humidity levels will affect the level of stickiness, too. But anyway my "helmet arm" seems rock solid. Love the far-away "end of the battle" effect. This is such a noble-looking piece.:love

For me, the hammer just doesn't feel like Cap. Great movie/comic scene but to me Cap is the shield; maybe the helmet. I am gonna hafta wait on the "perfect" Thor tho. Mandalorian isn't helping $$$$$:horror

Yeah, I think Cap with full shield and empty right hand, coupled with Thor with Stormbreaker and Mojlnir and Unmasked or helmeted Tony might be my go to as it depicts the moment they're going to take on Thanos. Probably my favorite moment from Endgame as Fat Thor becomes bada$$ Viking Thor...

Yeah, I think Cap with full shield and empty right hand, coupled with Thor with Stormbreaker and Mojlnir and Unmasked or helmeted Tony might be my go to as it depicts the moment they're going to take on Thanos. Probably my favorite moment from Endgame as Fat Thor becomes bada$$ Viking Thor...

High on my list. My favorite EG moment is the silence of Cap limping across the battlefield/portal moment. (Tho I have a lot of issues with IW and EG even making BP the first to walk out, as Cap's FRIENDS etc.) But that whole thing with Cap restrapping his shield and the first crackle of the radio. The whole theater cheered.:)

Desperately wanted Thor's lightning EG moment (with both hammers) which is awesome. Thought HT would come through at least; but dubious about the HT sculpt. It's not the same anyway tho I collect both poly and 1/6.

But, these days, re the MCU, I am more willing to wait to see what *milking* will be done in the future:cool:. I think it's just too much low-hanging fruit for these companies not to revisit key moments or characters. Probably charge a premium for it too.

But, these days, re the MCU, I am more willing to wait to see what *milking* will be done in the future:cool:. I think it's just too much low-hanging fruit for these companies not to revisit key moments or characters. Probably charge a premium for it too.

I'd be surprised if we don't see another company make the "Avengers Assemble" pose or some variation of it.

avengers-endgame-cap-mjolnir-reach-768x314.jpg

Screen_Shot_2019_05_08_at_4.33.09_PM.png

Hi, everyone--I hope you are all safe and well.

I would appreciate some advice. I accidentally jostled my statue yesterday, and the shield-holding arm fell off and broke. :slap I was able to glue it back together, but it's missing a few little chips and the break is pretty obvious. Do you think IS or Sideshow (from whom I bought it) would let me exchange the broken arm for a new one? I know the 30-day exchange period is over, but I thought perhaps I could throw myself on their mercy. And would I contact Sideshow instead of going direct to IS?

Same thing happened to my IS studios thanos sword hand only i didnt jostle it, it fell out on its own. I was so devastated when i found it in 3 pieces on the floor , I didn't sleep too well for 2 nights and my wife was raging at me for paying so much for something that just fell apart on its own lol.Thank the gods for ssc?s stellar customer service, they are sending me a replacement free of charge. If they hadnt done this i would have had a really hard time justifying future purchases with my wife. Ssc is like nordstroms you pay more for peice of mind with outstanding customer service. I will never forsake sideshow because of **** like this. Sure they rip you off on shipping but id rather pay more for that and have them do **** like this free of charge. They really do stand behind the **** they sell whether they manufacture it themselves or not.

Same thing happened to my IS studios thanos sword hand only i didnt jostle it, it fell out on its own. I was so devastated when i found it in 3 pieces on the floor , I didn't sleep too well for 2 nights and my wife was raging at me for paying so much for something that just fell apart on its own lol.Thank the gods for ssc?s stellar customer service, they are sending me a replacement free of charge. If they hadnt done this i would have had a really hard time justifying future purchases with my wife. Ssc is like nordstroms you pay more for peice of mind with outstanding customer service. I will never forsake sideshow because of **** like this. Sure they rip you off on shipping but id rather pay more for that and have them do **** like this free of charge. They really do stand behind the **** they sell whether they manufacture it themselves or not.

Unless it’s a Prime 1 piece. Sideshows customer service this past year has been a joke for the bulk of the Prime 1 pieces. Hopefully that may be improving with Sideshow slowly putting pieces up for preorder again, after nearly a year without.

Unless it’s a Prime 1 piece. Sideshows customer service this past year has been a joke for the bulk of the Prime 1 pieces. Hopefully that may be improving with Sideshow slowly putting pieces up for preorder again, after nearly a year without.

They have been good with my prime 1 pieces too. I purchased justice league cyborg Ex from them after it came back in stock for a day about two month ago. When i opened it had like 4 broken parts floating in the box (chest piece split in 2, right achilles ankle bracket broken, gun part snapped off. It was obviously opened and sent back as a return, but the person didnt package it right, i mentioned this in my email to support. They got back to me within 1 day, sent me a brand spanking new one within 3 days-i dont know where they got it from since they were sold out on the website and still are. It might be different for me cause im in the states but that was impressive. I was actually expecting the worst considering it was a sold out item. I’ve only been nickle and dimmed by them with their own pfs or hot toys on occassion, but id say 98% of the time they have stood behind their products, more so than other stores i order from

Some of the difficulties you had may have been prime 1 not cooperating with ssc by agreeing with replacement requests or sending them replacements parts in a timely fashion. They definitely weren't playing nice with each other for a while we just dont know who caused the riff. Ultimately i think prime 1 realized they need ssc as much as ssc needs them so hopefully all these new p1 items ssc is listing on the site for sale is an indication of them working things out. Big bad toy store has great standard shipping prices but they also markup p1 retail prices to make a small profit, im sure that doesnt make p1 happy. Ssc never did that

Not too big a deal I guess, but I was curious if anyone else's base had this small gap when fitting in the "broken glass" attachment or if it is supposed to sit all the way in?

b40b15bdd567304773e89fac87be1742.jpg

Also wondering if anyone hears some tiny piece rattling around if you tilt the body around, and if Mjolnir is supposed to be touching his leg? Some videos don't show the hammer to be this close to the leg. Thanks.

894bc90d08fd904c9a2c4f1320221551.jpg

Aside from that, the statue is beautiful. Almost even feels a hair bigger than 1/4, it is slightly bigger compared to my other 1/4 pieces (or perhaps those were undersized?) but no complaints there because he looks and feels like Captain America, leader and commander of the Avengers.

c882897951055bce7dbee3d8d78036d4.jpg
aa5c519ee2ef29a94b33d0f41cc886a0.jpg

How difficult would it be if someone were to attempt to remove the shield from the left arm?

To be honest I assumed the forearm would be hidden, so I can display the shield separately with a different statue. If anyone can confirm?

Edit: I found an unboxing vid that confirms what I thought so I'll prob put the shield next to gentle giant black widow. As for removing the hand from it, I'd imagine that would be nigh on impossible without breaking

Not too big a deal I guess, but I was curious if anyone else's base had this small gap when fitting in the "broken glass" attachment or if it is supposed to sit all the way in?

b40b15bdd567304773e89fac87be1742.jpg

Also wondering if anyone hears some tiny piece rattling around if you tilt the body around, and if Mjolnir is supposed to be touching his leg? Some videos don't show the hammer to be this close to the leg. Thanks.

894bc90d08fd904c9a2c4f1320221551.jpg

Aside from that, the statue is beautiful. Almost even feels a hair bigger than 1/4, it is slightly bigger compared to my other 1/4 pieces (or perhaps those were undersized?) but no complaints there because he looks and feels like Captain America, leader and commander of the Avengers.

c882897951055bce7dbee3d8d78036d4.jpg
aa5c519ee2ef29a94b33d0f41cc886a0.jpg

I have the same issue with the hammer touching the leg. I have tried to adjust the position of the hammer and no matter what, it just rests on the thigh.

1588841021709425224000836987261.jpg

15888411936986771711939804443246.jpg

Edit: I found an unboxing vid that confirms what I thought so I'll prob put the shield next to gentle giant black widow. As for removing the hand from it, I'd imagine that would be nigh on impossible without breaking

I was wondering if the shield straps could be cut somehow, as they don't appear very thick, does anyone know how strong they are? I just wish they would have included an empty left arm.

I was wondering if the shield straps could be cut somehow, as they don't appear very thick, does anyone know how strong they are? I just wish they would have included an empty left arm.

Well I'm guessing the straps are polystone like the rest of the statue. What do you have in mind for the shield?

If you guys remember the repaint job a few pages back by James. Being a Californian, I took him up on his offer and had my helmeted headsculpt repainted to be more screen accurate to the final battle scene in Endgame. I just got it back today to see it in person and I couldn't be more happy with the paintwork, service and timeliness. I hope I'm not embarrassing him when I say, you all should really consider his work and see the pics below if you're so inclined.

Captain America Repaint.jpg

Do you have bigger pics? Small pics ...hard to see the hard work that went into the repaint.

Back