Statue Iron Studios Captain America 1/4 Legacy Replica - Avengers End Game

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Afraid not, as there are already plenty of photos and videos around, and I didn?t think any photos taken on a phone would be beneficial.

I meant of the head tilt? Mine won't move without pulling it out so much that it looks silly, was interested to see how it looks

So my guy just came in this afternoon and he's going to have to go back. Someone got a bit confused with the paint brush at the factory.
Pretty disappointing because after all the talk on here about weak magnets the magnets on this one were absolutely perfect. Wish me luck with the next.

It's a really impressive statue though all the swap outs really change the attitude of the piece. My favourite from IS has still got to be Falcon but I can't wait to see how Iron Man in particular turns out.
782407a5c5f6e81e22b0bc93b1cade3b.jpg

There's nothing wrong with the paint on that pic?

So I finally put cap on display. I had him in his box cuz I had no room but now he's up on my desk. The right arm magnet is insanely weak lol. I guess I never realized it at the time. I might have to figure out a solution like you guys have to get more peace of mind.

So my guy just came in this afternoon and he's going to have to go back. Someone got a bit confused with the paint brush at the factory.
Pretty disappointing because after all the talk on here about weak magnets the magnets on this one were absolutely perfect. Wish me luck with the next.

It's a really impressive statue though all the swap outs really change the attitude of the piece. My favourite from IS has still got to be Falcon but I can't wait to see how Iron Man in particular turns out.
782407a5c5f6e81e22b0bc93b1cade3b.jpg

Are you pointing out that the navy blue straps are supposed to be dark brown like the movie? If so, no need to return it, friend. This inaccuracy is present on all statues. Iron Studios might have been working off of an early concept color scheme from Marvel Studios or simply an oversight by production.

I can see what Sara_au is pointing out. In the two circles one strap is blue and the other looks to be brown. Looking at my statue both of those straps are blue. Then where the arrows are pointing, one seems to be red and the other looks brownish (actually the same color as the strap right above it). On my copy, those particular bicep straps are the same dingy red color. Unless I need my eyes checked. haha.

Are you pointing out that the navy blue straps are supposed to be dark brown like the movie? If so, no need to return it, friend. This inaccuracy is present on all statues. Iron Studios might have been working off of an early concept color scheme from Marvel Studios or simply an oversight by production.

They were notified of the error by the collecting community when the piece first went up for preorder. But I’m not surprised that they chose to do nothing. Kind of reminds me of when I was trying to convince them to add the silver paint to the Civil War Black Panther piece.

I meant of the head tilt? Mine won't move without pulling it out so much that it looks silly, was interested to see how it looks

I’ve currently got him underneath an acrylic box. Next time I make a change I’ll be sure to take some photos.

I’ve got quite a bit of play in my headsculpts. In that I never need to lift it out (not noticeably anyway), all I do is tilt it. And I think I got more play from the unmasked one as it’s eyes are almost completely level.

I can see what Sara_au is pointing out. In the two circles one strap is blue and the other looks to be brown. Looking at my statue both of those straps are blue. Then where the arrows are pointing, one seems to be red and the other looks brownish (actually the same color as the strap right above it). On my copy, those particular bicep straps are the same dingy red color. Unless I need my eyes checked. haha.

Good spot lol if you look on my pics a couple pages back you can see I have the same as you, both straps are blue and the lower ones are both dark red. Screen accurate or not, I'm happy with that

I’ve currently got him underneath an acrylic box. Next time I make a change I’ll be sure to take some photos.

I’ve got quite a bit of play in my headsculpts. In that I never need to lift it out (not noticeably anyway), all I do is tilt it. And I think I got more play from the unmasked one as it’s eyes are almost completely level.

Ah I see, my unmasked is staying in the box lol

I took my razor and did a little scraping on the top of the magnet to get it exposed and it worked. Now the arm that holds the hammer stays on way better. You can feel a difference in the magnetic pull to where I am not as worried anymore however the shield arm is in for good. That sucker stays in so good it?s almost stuck. You really have to wiggle it to get it out. Hopefully this helps a bit.

I took my razor and did a little scraping on the top of the magnet to get it exposed and it worked. Now the arm that holds the hammer stays on way better. You can feel a difference in the magnetic pull to where I am not as worried anymore however the shield arm is in for good. That sucker stays in so good it?s almost stuck. You really have to wiggle it to get it out. Hopefully this helps a bit.

interesting. did you use like an exacto knife? what do you mean "scraping"?

Just took a regular pocket razor blade used to cut drywall and lightly scraped the paint off from the top of the magnet. If you look closely you can see the faint shape of a circle on the top of the square fitting. That’s the magnet. Just do a light scrape and you will see some metal. It’s not very big so don’t go crazy but exposing that top portion should help. It did on mine at least and doesn’t hurt the statue at all.

Just took a regular pocket razor blade used to cut drywall and lightly scraped the paint off from the top of the magnet. If you look closely you can see the faint shape of a circle on the top of the square fitting. That’s the magnet. Just do a light scrape and you will see some metal. It’s not very big so don’t go crazy but exposing that top portion should help. It did on mine at least and doesn’t hurt the statue at all.

As I mentioned on the previous page, mine has been caked so thickly in paint I can’t even see the usual circle imprint from the magnet underneath.

Just took a regular pocket razor blade used to cut drywall and lightly scraped the paint off from the top of the magnet. If you look closely you can see the faint shape of a circle on the top of the square fitting. That?s the magnet. Just do a light scrape and you will see some metal. It?s not very big so don?t go crazy but exposing that top portion should help. It did on mine at least and doesn?t hurt the statue at all.

I'll prob give this a try, thanks!

So I used an exacto knife and scraped off the paint covering the magnet. It helped a smidge but I'm not seeing much of a difference. Oh well...

Last edited:
This, one is blue and the other is brown and with the lower stripes one is red and the other is brown.

Here you can see each side better. Looking at all of your photos the right side should look like the left.

Really? Everyone is eagle eyed when there's a spot of glue out of place but not two straps the whole wrong colour? [emoji14]
f63bc71228352a2a4aa67ee443c2611a.jpg
0d4ff19570bbbcf4260e2d033f1710e1.jpg

It's true, they messed up. I think everybody got tunnel vision and was looking at the main strap, which Btw, I hadn't noticed it wasn't brown/leather like in the movies!! Not gonna lie, that's a bummer. I can't help to wonder what it would look like it they were the same color as in the movie. I think it would add an awesome contrast to all the blue. Anybody here down for a repaint?

Captain-America-Avengers-4.jpg

It's true, they messed up. I think everybody got tunnel vision and was looking at the main strap, which Btw, I hadn't noticed it wasn't brown/leather like in the movies!! Not gonna lie, that's a bummer. I can't help to wonder what it would look like it they were the same color as in the movie. I think it would add an awesome contrast to all the blue. Anybody here down for a repaint?

Captain-America-Avengers-4.jpg
It honestly took me a little while looking at the statue in person, I knew something was wrong but I couldn't put my finger on it. Otherwise I'm pretty happy with the paint but I think I'm going to grime up the face a bit.
I'm pretty confident popcultcha will give me a replacement.

It honestly took me a little while looking at the statue in person, I knew something was wrong but I couldn't put my finger on it. Otherwise I'm pretty happy with the paint but I think I'm going to grime up the face a bit.
I'm pretty confident popcultcha will give me a replacement.

Took me a few looks to see what was wrong. I actually ran to check and see if my statue had the same problem, lol. Glad you noticed this early on, and not like, months from now. I'm sure you'll get a replacement soon.

This, one is blue and the other is brown and with the lower stripes one is red and the other is brown.

Here you can see each side better. Looking at all of your photos the right side should look like the left.

Really? Everyone is eagle eyed when there's a spot of glue out of place but not two straps the whole wrong colour?

It had long been reported that the straps themselves were the wrong colour on the prototype. Some had hoped that Iron Studios would correct it in production, where as I didn’t have much hope of it being corrected due to one or two major misses in the past. I remember them fixing one of their recent statues, but I forget which particular statue, so they’re pretty iffy with regards to correcting their errors.

So from your statue in particular it’s pretty obvious because of the discrepancy between straps, it seems that the straps are first painted in brown, and then the blue is painted on top. Would it have been too much to ask that they just stop at the brown paint :dunno

On mine one red strap looks red, but overwashed with brown, like other places on the piece. Whether SA or not, I don't care about the blue strap - it's neatly done and figure IS was working off whatever production images they had. *shrug*. I remain very very very happy with this piece!

Back