Iron Studios Black Panther

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any info regarding the eyes? Do they plan on keeping them just plain white? Doesn't seem accurate at all, and that's not even a nitpick, I mean it's pretty freaking obvious.

View attachment 274472
View attachment 274473

Hot Toys pretty much nailed it on their 1/6 so I am sure it's doable here. Those simple whites lines aren't worthy of that price tag, which is a shame because the rest of the statue is amazing, and it's clearly the only one we are getting for now.

That's a good observation, klwn. I hadn't noticed the eyes were the wrong color before you commented on it. Hopefully Iron Studios is aware of it and will make the change on the production run. It shouldn't take much effort on their part. Just paint the eyes silver instead of white.

I didn't see it mentioned anywhere on the couple threads I read about this statue so I certainly hope someone pointed it out to them one way or another.
It's very strange this happened even with the proto, I am sure they looked at a ton of high res pictures and files from Marvel in order to create the statue so not sure how they could miss that.

They can take it one step further given the price, and do something similar to what Hot Toys did by recreating that "perforated" look for the eyes, which is in my opinion one of the coolest parts of the helmet's design:

Black_Panther_Civil_War_Hot_Toys_16.jpg

If they were able to do it on a 1/6, it shouldn't be an issue here I guess.

Agreed. If Hot Toys can reproduce the perforated look at 1/6 scale than there is no excuse why Iron Studios can't do the same on this piece. It's definetly a head scratcher why they didn't get it right on the prototype. They need to to fix it on the production run.

Maybe someone on the forum can ask them about it on their Facebook page. I would do it but I don't have a Facebook account and have no plans of getting one.

I honestly hadn't noticed the eyes being white instead of silver. Guess I just forgot about that detail. It's by no means a deal breaker for me personally, but I agree that this should be changed. But, it looks like the eyes are just currently plain white. So, if they were just plain silver without the perforated detail, I wonder if that would look good or look weird.

I don't know if it is a deal breaker for me either BUT it would be interesting to see how'd they look and whether it improves the statue.

I think in that price range and with their reputation, this is a no-brainer, deal breaker or not, it has to be done properly. If Hot Toys can do it on a $220 1/6, they have literally no excuse. This isn't the comic book version, it's supposed to be an accurate Civil War movie version.

The more I think about it, the more I wonder how they got approval on the proto, because I assume those people that do the approval thing have access to all the pics/vids and even props you could think of in order to make sure everything matches a level of accuracy in relation to the price range of the piece.
When you see how long it took Sideshow to get approval on the Kylo Ren PF, a fairly simply piece, you've got to assume that they usually are pretty thorough when it comes to high end statues.

I've found that the 1/6 Hot Toys headsculpts have been time and time again more detailed than alot of the larger scale Premium Format statues that are put out by Sideshow.

Probably something to do with the casting process. You don't really see alot of minute details on Polystone stutes, either because of the material or the paint has a tendancy to wash it out.

That said, I plan to possibly get the whole line.... As truthfully I didn't even notice the eyes.

That's absolutely true regarding the Hot Toys, I noticed that as well. They really kill it with headsculpts or even general details. I mean just look at the suit on their Black Panther, really impressive detail and texture, and it's a smaller scale.
Which is why such statues should ideally have mixed media and not just stick strictly to polystone. Every available material should be an option for each part in order to get it to the best level of accuracy possible for that price. That's how I see it at least.

Btw, I think I understand what happened, they most likely looked a bit too much at the concept art/illustrations:

Captain-America-Civil-War-Concept-Art-Black-Panther-Closeup-Front.jpg
Captain-America-Civil-War-Black-Panther-Art-Close-Up.jpg
L04MYEQ.jpg

Interesting ES. I think some people are waiting for the Black Panther movie version (and not the Civil War version).

I'd love to get this guy but given the price and size of these, I fear I can only justify getting my absolute faves and that's Cap and Buck. Really happy Ant-Man is included with Cap as well.

I really wish I had more room coz I bet all of them together will look phenomenal.

I am in for the whole line. I love iron studios and captain 3 so it's a easy decision. Their prices are high but the quality justifies it.

This was a easy preorder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow... 470 huh? I'm on the fence. I like it... Just not sure I love it because of its quite a lot of base since it's made to be a part of a diorama as opposed to solely displayed by itself. So, I dunno yet.

I really wish this was at SDCC so we had clearer photos and video.

Last edited:
Wow... 470 huh? I'm on the fence. I like it... Just not sure I love it because of its quite a lot of base since it's made to be a part of a diorama as opposed to solely displayed by itself. So, I dunno yet.

I really wish this was at SDCC so we had clearer photos and video.

Your profile pic is Black Panther! You gotta get it :D

I'd love to get this guy but given the price and size of these, I fear I can only justify getting my absolute faves and that's Cap and Buck. Really happy Ant-Man is included with Cap as well.

I really wish I had more room coz I bet all of them together will look phenomenal.

I pulled the trigger on Panther. I said I was only going to get Bucky and Cap but I think he will make a nice addition to them as well. And I have SS AoU Hulk on PO. My Avengers are Assembling :D

I pulled the trigger on Panther. I said I was only going to get Bucky and Cap but I think he will make a nice addition to them as well. And I have SS AoU Hulk on PO. My Avengers are Assembling :D
Honestly, I'd feel bad if I got Black Panther here and left out Falcon. Couldn’t do that and since Falcon is way too big and expensive for me, all I can do is admire both from afar. ಥ﹏ಥ

=Fastball Special;8816348]Your profile pic is Black Panther! You gotta get it :D
Lol. I know! Trust me, I'm strongly thinking about it. I just wish there were more pics beyond the official ones.

Honestly, I'd feel bad if I got Black Panther here and left out Falcon. Couldn’t do that and since Falcon is way too big and expensive for me, all I can do is admire both from afar. ಥ﹏ಥ

Man I love the look of Falcon too but that wingspan is killing me. I know it can be displayed without the wings but that's like displaying Cap without his shield.

Back