Iron Studios Black Panther

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn he looks awesome! I wish these would finally arrive at my local retailers but so far none of the 1/4s has. :/

not a huge fan of BP but this statue looks excellent. IMO it's much nicer than the XM BP. congrats for those getting this piece!

Looks good. I like the XM Iron Man in this setup. I think it is better than the "tripping over a rock" running pose Iron Studios decided to go with.

Congrats Trunkz! These pieces are so oustanding and this is a beautiful Black Panther! Never thought I'd own a 1/4 BP but he was too great to pass on. Your display looks great!

not a huge fan of BP but this statue looks excellent. IMO it's much nicer than the XM BP. congrats for those getting this piece!

That's apples to oranges, no?

One is a movie version ...and the other a comic version. Both versions look great actually. I'm glad we have two great versions to choose from. I prefer the comic version, myself ....And I do have the XM BP on order.

That's apples to oranges, no?

One is a movie version ...and the other a comic version. Both versions look great actually. I'm glad we have two great versions to choose from. I prefer the comic version, myself ....And I do have the XM BP on order.

This is nice. IMO both versions DO look great:clap - but they ARE different styles. One nice thing about the XM piece for me is it's more of a nod to the character's origin/home (which we won't see more of until the film!) and to classic comic book art (which I am just learning about).

Congrats on your XM BP:). Black Panther isn't my favorite, favorite character tho he is high on my list - so never thought I'd own a 1/4 BP. For me the Iron Studios piece was just too good to pass on, and I really like Iron Studios fluid, natural sculpts. Really liked the sense of coiled power I got from the IS piece. As you say, it's good to have choices.

And hafta say, seems like XM is known for amazingly perfect paint?, but IS so far seems to be turning out stellar clean paint w. the CW pieces - hope they keep up the good work!

IMG_2668.jpg IMG_2669.jpg IMG_2670.jpg IMG_2671.jpg IMG_2672.jpg

Just arrived today, just a few quick pics. Love the statue....going in with AoU Cap and Iron Man for now. Iron Studios just does a great job on these 1/4 scale statues.

Finally got mine in and it's such an incredible statue! It has such a nice height and weight to it. Only gripe is that they didn't add any shiny black to the head and they didn't paint his eyebrows silver or his nose. Bought some paint tho and I think I'm gonna try to man up and paint it today

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Finally got mine in and it's such an incredible statue! It has such a nice height and weight to it. Only gripe is that they didn't add any shiny black to the head and they didn't paint his eyebrows silver or his nose. Bought some paint tho and I think I'm gonna try to man up and paint it today

I love it. But I don't have the skills to add the needed paint details.

Congrats!!!! :):clap:clap:clap Agree it is an INCREDIBLE piece which is why I splurged earlier this year when the first in-hand pics began to surface - no regrets!

Yeah, at some point this summer I'm gonna do the re-touch esp. since Cupcake was nice enough:clap to give some tips. I'm gonna be a sissy about it tho and carefully tape off before painting, so gotta get some supplies in. :cool: At first I didn't care and I understand what images IS was working from, but over time just decided I'd like to add the silver markings in.

Yea pretty much everything I've seen he has the markings silver so the statue looks like it's really lacking that. Never painted a $600 statue but it bothers me too much to just let it go.

Opened mine up today. All I can say is "WOW". I love this. I am 2 for 2 on Iron Studios pieces (1st being the Iron Man Age of Ultron). Here are some iPhone pics. While I would love to complete the mask paint, I am not a painter by trade and I am afraid I'd ruin it. Still, I am very pleased. I'd love to get some other pieces from this line and still might (Cap and Bucky are in my sights).

View attachment 320723
View attachment 320724
View attachment 320725
View attachment 320726
Iko, did you paint the eyes? I see they're not white like the rest seem to be? If so, what color is this?
a05a817067ff36006c5315fe31bd2899.jpg

Agreed without a doubt. And after seeing the trailer, I'm glad I have this cause his new suit isn't exactly my favorite.

Back