Iron Studios Black Panther

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMO This is definitely the best 1/4 BP statue available

For a movie-based statue, yes. For a comic-based statue, that would XM's Black Panther.

Overall ...that would be XM's BP as well ...especially since it comes with a superb unmasked portrait. This IS Black Panther doesn't come with an unmasked portrait, right?

For a movie-based statue, yes. For a comic-based statue, that would XM's Black Panther.

Overall ...that would be XM's BP as well ...especially since it comes with a superb unmasked portrait. This IS Black Panther doesn't come with an unmasked portrait, right?

let's agree to disagree. I don't like the XM BP, the cape may be comic accurate but it kills the piece. IMO the IS BP is superior.

Me too! I ordered War Machine last week, he arrived today. His entire right leg was broken off.

Holy!:(

That's terrible.

........ could you take a photo? No need if you don't want to, as I'm just a bit curious to see how hollow the statue is. As mine has a rattling noise from mine that sounds like it's quite hollow even though it has quite a bit of heft.

Me too! I ordered War Machine last week, he arrived today. His entire right leg was broken off.

Yeah, very sorry to read that:( - thought the packing for these IS pieces was pretty good, overall. Careful wrapping and all that.

Yeah, very sorry to read that:( - thought the packing for these IS pieces was pretty good, overall. Careful wrapping and all that.

Rather then packaging it might indicate a flaw in the actual broken statue itself, where repetitive jolts during delivery just caused it to snap along a badly cast piece.

Not sure, but was there a previous photo provided for a broken leg for this piece?

IMG_3687.jpgIMG_3686.jpgIMG_3688.jpg here are a couple.

Holy!:(

That's terrible.

........ could you take a photo? No need if you don't want to, as I'm just a bit curious to see how hollow the statue is. As mine has a rattling noise from mine that sounds like it's quite hollow even though it has quite a bit of heft.
it's not as hollow as one would think. There was quite a bit of dried resin or glue that came out and was all in the wrapping. I knew I was n trouble when I lifted him outta the box and the leg slid out and dropped down in the styrofoam packing.

it's not as hollow as one would think. There was quite a bit of dried resin or glue that came out and was all in the wrapping. I knew I was n trouble when I lifted him outta the box and the leg slid out and dropped down in the styrofoam packing.

GEEZ!!!! SRSLY!!! Hafta say am shocked. I mean, sure, I've seen pics of damaged pieces but usually in an outer area, not where the poly is really thick like up at the torso like that. What'd they do, drop the box from a crane?:mad::slap Sux coz it looked like a beautiful WM.

Really hope this is getting resolved for you!!!:(

GEEZ!!!! SRSLY!!! Hafta say am shocked. I mean, sure, I've seen pics of damaged pieces but usually in an outer area, not where the poly is really thick like up at the torso like that. What'd they do, drop the box from a crane?:mad::slap Sux coz it looked like a beautiful WM.

Really hope this is getting resolved for you!!!:(
I heard back from them and they're refunding me the amount and I'll be returning the pieces. I am seriously hating this happened, they've got so expensive now. They're a thousand and up plus shipping.

I heard back from them and they're refunding me the amount and I'll be returning the pieces. I am seriously hating this happened, they've got so expensive now. They're a thousand and up plus shipping.

*Grim* yeah, noticed prices on WM climbing.

Glad to hear you are getting refunded:clap. Hope things work out somehow:(. And that's one less WM that exists for an already low edition.:(

So after a ton of back and forth thought on this piece, I decided to ultimately bite the bullet and get him after picking up Cap last month. It was easier when I decided to not get a couple other pieces I had my eye on.

I have to say that I was expecting to be a bit let down, only because I had seen so many photos over the past few months. I just didn't really think I'd be all that "wowed." I'm happy to say that I was definitely wrong (pictures below).

This is a unique piece because, in my opinion, it's really the only statue or figure I've owned in which I think that photos don't really do it justice. That gets thrown around a lot, but I think it's especially true here because you're dealing with a character that's black from head to toe, so when you take photos of him, a lot of the details can get washed out and make him look like just one big blob of black.

But if you have this thing near any light, for example, parts of his suit are shiny and really shimmer in the light. And while I don't think the silver parts on his suit are metallic, they shine a bit too when light hits him. So it's really cool. I just think they captured the mix of power, cunning and grace of Black Panther that we saw Civil War. I'd even say, now having the two side by side, that Cap being more defensive works for his character in this particular movie. Whether he's defending Bucky, Panther, or Iron Man, Cap plays a lot of defense in that movie.

I'm going to end up painting the eyes silver. I don't think I'm going to bother with the extra lines on his mask--those missing lines don't bother me too much. But I think silver eyes will be a really nice touch.

Lastly, it's really nice to order two statues from a company and they have no problems (although I know some here have unfortunately ran into some issues). But it's been nice to just open up the statue, quickly put the character on the base, and just sit it somewhere on a shelf and you're done.

35743189094_0bc0e8bf8c_c.jpg

36578485345_dba2108c6e_c.jpg

36531998576_5dd6472a6a_c.jpg

Congrats! It's good to hear how you described him, I felt the same about the Hot Toys version. You just had to see it in person to appreciate the amount of work put into it. I've got one ordered so hopefully before to long he'll arrive and that'll get me closer to having the set.

Great photos! The eyes I'd like to paint eventually as well but have it more mirrored chrome then what they used on the rest of his suit. Let me know if you find anything

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

So after a ton of back and forth thought on this piece, I decided to ultimately bite the bullet and get him after picking up Cap last month. It was easier when I decided to not get a couple other pieces I had my eye on.

I have to say that I was expecting to be a bit let down, only because I had seen so many photos over the past few months. I just didn't really think I'd be all that "wowed." I'm happy to say that I was definitely wrong (pictures below).

This is a unique piece because, in my opinion, it's really the only statue or figure I've owned in which I think that photos don't really do it justice. That gets thrown around a lot, but I think it's especially true here because you're dealing with a character that's black from head to toe, so when you take photos of him, a lot of the details can get washed out and make him look like just one big blob of black.

But if you have this thing near any light, for example, parts of his suit are shiny and really shimmer in the light. And while I don't think the silver parts on his suit are metallic, they shine a bit too when light hits him. So it's really cool. I just think they captured the mix of power, cunning and grace of Black Panther that we saw Civil War. I'd even say, now having the two side by side, that Cap being more defensive works for his character in this particular movie. Whether he's defending Bucky, Panther, or Iron Man, Cap plays a lot of defense in that movie.

I'm going to end up painting the eyes silver. I don't think I'm going to bother with the extra lines on his mask--those missing lines don't bother me too much. But I think silver eyes will be a really nice touch.

Lastly, it's really nice to order two statues from a company and they have no problems (although I know some here have unfortunately ran into some issues). But it's been nice to just open up the statue, quickly put the character on the base, and just sit it somewhere on a shelf and you're done.

IMO really nicely said. I didn't expect what I received either and it's hard to explain re these pieces. There's a fluidity and "aliveness" to the sculpts as well as amazing detail. Congrats on a beautiful BP - I love mine, and he wasn't even on my radar at first.

Back