Statue Iron Studios BDS Art Scale 1/10 - Avengers: Endgame

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly I haven?t liked either of the Bucky pieces in the 1/10 scale line, which is why I didn?t purchase them. Pretty much one of the few characters I didn?t buy.

IMO the IW version is great on a number of counts; face sculpt could be better, but someone put their back into it. What kills me is I think the sculpt is THERE with this one - would have been an outstanding 1/10 fig.

IS_trio.jpg

So much for this "extra trio group" I was planning - now I've got another unwanted project if/when I get to it. Also worried about Scarlet Witch as she has full portrait and is a most-wanted for me.

Yeah, I guess it's nice IS did characters with seconds of screen time; but wish they'd done less base and more work on Bucky. At minimum I gotta fix that black/orange arm. Sad to say, if u don't need him to represent, IMO I'd pass on this one or wait for hefty sale. A shame after so much good work from IS. *Sourly* BP is due tomorrow will assume he's OK. Unless he's on the tiny side too.:pfft:

Hmmm, I have IW bucky and POed the EG one cuz it looked like a step up. Was planning on selling the IW one once I get this one. I'll have to compare for myself once I get this one. Thanks for the thoughts on him!

Hmmm, I have IW bucky and POed the EG one cuz it looked like a step up. Was planning on selling the IW one once I get this one. I'll have to compare for myself once I get this one. Thanks for the thoughts on him!

For all I know the lack of detail I am complaining about is too much paint, too thick, for the pants and hair. No way to know without taking paint remover to a test spot. It's neat work IMO without being good. Might send a comment to IS later. Not so much for these figs, but possibly for others later. Same old story I guess it's better to wait for in hand pics.

On display tho at a distance with Cap and co. it's fine. U know who it is. But IS can do better and had been. :pfft:

For all I know the lack of detail I am complaining about is too much paint, too thick, for the pants and hair. No way to know without taking paint remover to a test spot. It's neat work IMO without being good. Might send a comment to IS later. Not so much for these figs, but possibly for others later. Same old story I guess it's better to wait for in hand pics.

On display tho at a distance with Cap and co. it's fine. U know who it is. But IS can do better and had been. :pfft:

Yeah, in a diorama with 30+ statues at this scale, Bucky looks fine. I just got it and definitely agree on the softness of the sculpt or paint apps, but to me it's needed in the EG battle scene...

Yeah, in a diorama with 30+ statues at this scale, Bucky looks fine. I just got it and definitely agree on the softness of the sculpt or paint apps, but to me it's needed in the EG battle scene...

Thank u for that as it's gonna be a good while before I can even try to improve things (I think). I only started getting these in, and thought DS and Wasp were pretty stellar as usual. Even thought of trying to source another IW and just doing the mods needed to fit to EG base....because to me this Bucky looks off scale too - small, like a recast. Not 1/10.

Anyway, sorry to go on; just frustrated as weirdly this piece does have lots of well done details. Maybe those are applied separately. At least the piece in profile looks good/accurate, so I'll just have him at an angle.

Thankfully anyway if I need a representation of the Winter Soldier I've got the IW, HTs and the positively stellar 1/4 too. Just hope Cap, IM, and Scarlet Witch are on the "good" side of the production line....esp. Wanda really was looking forward to her.

Thank u for that as it's gonna be a good while before I can even try to improve things (I think). I only started getting these in, and thought DS and Wasp were pretty stellar as usual. Even thought of trying to source another IW and just doing the mods needed to fit to EG base....because to me this Bucky looks off scale too - small, like a recast. Not 1/10.

Anyway, sorry to go on; just frustrated as weirdly this piece does have lots of well done details. Maybe those are applied separately. At least the piece in profile looks good/accurate, so I'll just have him at an angle.

Thankfully anyway if I need a representation of the Winter Soldier I've got the IW, HTs and the positively stellar 1/4 too. Just hope Cap, IM, and Scarlet Witch are on the "good" side of the production line....esp. Wanda really was looking forward to her.

I think Bucky looked the same in the proto pics, so I wasn't surprised. I likewise think Wanda's headsculpt is similarly soft, but I like that statue a lot and look forward to it. Cap and IM will be helmeted so easy there. I also think Thor matches the proto, which has a slightly soft sculpt. At the end of the day, this Endgame diorama is still stellar.

I think Bucky looked the same in the proto pics, so I wasn't surprised. I likewise think Wanda's headsculpt is similarly soft, but I like that statue a lot and look forward to it. Cap and IM will be helmeted so easy there. I also think Thor matches the proto, which has a slightly soft sculpt. At the end of the day, this Endgame diorama is still stellar.

Well, BP and Falcon rolled into today, and hafta say they ARE stellar. Jaw-dropping, even, at this scale, prototype quality with crisp textures, amazing engineering, and incredible paint:clap:clap:clap. (The gauntlet hand on BP kept slipping but a little Tac-It in the socket fixed that.)

Iron_Studios_EG_BPFal.jpg

Iron_Studios_EG_BPFal2.jpg

Meanwhile, OK...testing...:frank

Iron_Studios_EG_BPbuckytest.jpg

A far easier mod than repainting, at least for me. Because, this EG Bucky off-scaleness may or may not continue to make me crazy. And I am going to drop a line to IS with pics. Won't do much good but I'd like to know, if IS knows, someone made off with EG Bucky production run and replaced with knockoffs.:gah::horror:blissysmi

Got my groot, starlord, Strange (the base is amazing on this), falcon and hulk. These little pieces are so good for their size.

Got my groot, starlord, Strange (the base is amazing on this), falcon and hulk. These little pieces are so good for their size.

I’m still waiting on my Groot. Shipping label was made on Friday, given to Aust Post on Monday, and finally reached the Sydney sorting centre earlier today (Thursday). But given recent deliveries it could come tomorrow or on Monday :gah:

I really wish they hadn't gone for so many similar bases that all have the Avengers "A" on them.

I really like the look of the "A" on the bases though, so I'm ok with it being repeated a few times. I think it's just Black Panther, Falcon and Iron Man. Maybe on the Outrider also, but I'm not getting that one... I just figure they logo'ed the heck out Avengers headquarters, so you're seeing a bunch of those A's when looking at the completed diorama :)

I?m still waiting on my Groot. Shipping label was made on Friday, given to Aust Post on Monday, and finally reached the Sydney sorting centre earlier today (Thursday). But given recent deliveries it could come tomorrow or on Monday :gah:

Did you get Thanos yet? Mine says shipped in my order section but haven't received any emails about.

I got 3 boxes yesterday and the driver just left them at the front of my house lucky they weren't stolen because you could see them from the street.

Did you get Thanos yet? Mine says shipped in my order section but haven't received any emails about.

I got 3 boxes yesterday and the driver just left them at the front of my house lucky they weren't stolen because you could see them from the street.

Honestly I haven’t even paid for Thanos yet, as Popcultcha didn’t know exactly when it’ll be in stock.

I was told both him and Cap were supposed to arrive a couple of weeks ago, but obviously that didn’t happen. But with how behind they are, anything is possible.

Yeah, I probably wouldn't have gotten DS (even tho he's a great fig) except the base is stunning. Wish they had done a few more portal-type bases (that scene with Cap limping alone etc.) I like the "A" scattered here and there - the end of an era.:crying:crying:crying

Thinking about getting Groot, since Rocket will come with Iron Patriot. I won't have the complete set of everyone tho.

And my new WASP has apparently gone missing (stolen or other...) SSC is tracing. Gonna guess it was delivered to wrong house and stolen or UPS just lost it (tho they say delivered). I haven't had a problem before tho.:monkey2

Honestly I haven’t even paid for Thanos yet, as Popcultcha didn’t know exactly when it’ll be in stock.

I was told both him and Cap were supposed to arrive a couple of weeks ago, but obviously that didn’t happen. But with how behind they are, anything is possible.

It seems i received my Thanos deluxe back in november i just forgot about it. Strange you do not have yours yet.

It seems i received my Thanos deluxe back in november i just forgot about it. Strange you do not have yours yet.

Oh I thought you meant the 1/4 scale, as that’s what’s shipping now.

But of course I received the 1/10 Thanos ages ago.

Yeah, I probably wouldn't have gotten DS (even tho he's a great fig) except the base is stunning. Wish they had done a few more portal-type bases (that scene with Cap limping alone etc.) I like the "A" scattered here and there - the end of an era.:crying:crying:crying

Thinking about getting Groot, since Rocket will come with Iron Patriot. I won't have the complete set of everyone tho.

Groot is a really great piece, particularly for the modest price point.

Well, probably no surprise, have delay notices on Cap, IM Deluxe, Scarlet Witch, and WM/Rocket - est ship April-June 2020. *Shrug* - there's an international crisis so I'll just pay off what I can and hope it can ship.

My replacement WASP shipped so SSC was pretty responsive re my return. Sadly the first replacement vanished - haven't had a theft problem before; but who knows. It could have gone by accident to a dishonest neighbor.:pfft:

Well, probably no surprise, have delay notices on Cap, IM Deluxe, Scarlet Witch, and WM/Rocket - est ship April-June 2020. *Shrug* - there's an international crisis so I'll just pay off what I can and hope it can ship.

My replacement WASP shipped so SSC was pretty responsive re my return. Sadly the first replacement vanished - haven't had a theft problem before; but who knows. It could have gone by accident to a dishonest neighbor.:pfft:

Yes, I got all of those push backs, plus Rescue also pushed back to the April-June timeframe. All good considering international crisis plus wallet crisis from 1/4 Cap and Thanos arriving the same day a couple of weeks ago!

Back