Statue Iron Studios BDS Art Scale 1/10 - Avengers: Endgame

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I got all of those push backs, plus Rescue also pushed back to the April-June timeframe. All good considering international crisis plus wallet crisis from 1/4 Cap and Thanos arriving the same day a couple of weeks ago!

Yeah, for me it's a help - able to let wallet take a breather. And for sure there's ongoing crisis. Am sure SSC will ship my Thor e.g. whatever is in warehouse end of month; as long as shipping isn't affected in U.S. (for more important shipping like medical supplies).

I am totally fine with delays. I hope they get delayed to next year lol.

:lol:lol:lol

Well, yeah, if ur like me and ended up ordering more than u planned and wallet is strained. Not like I didn't KNOW but the bill comes due. It's good to be able to catch up.

Plus, bit the bullet and got another cabinet (cheap) that's been sitting in pieces, so gotta assemble and re think arrangement of polys and HTs.

Looking forward to getting Wasp and Thor in.
Edit:
Well, I got my second Wasp replacement in - IMO the face paint isn't as good with either portrait as the first one I had, and have to force the wings in. But the body paint is more clean as is the base. From a distance she is a very nice effect. At some point I might drill out the wing sockets more - it's pretty annoying. :pfft:

So far DS, Falcon, and BP are stellar, Bucky and Wasp "eh". Bucky to me still looks so tiny. Kudos to SSC for the replacements. I hope Thor falls on the stellar side.

I'm a bit more suspicious of IS tho than I was. Any quality drop makes me wonder if they picked a cheaper production factory to save costs.

And todays SSC delay until May (at least) include SW, War Machine/Rocket, IM DX, and Cap.

Not surprising.

Although from SSC got in Thor, which hasn't been opened yet.:drink

And todays SSC delay until May (at least) include SW, War Machine/Rocket, IM DX, and Cap.

Not surprising.

Although from SSC got in Thor, which hasn't been opened yet.:drink

Open him up!! I want to see more pics and Iron Studios has processed their preorders yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Open him up!! I want to see more pics and Iron Studios has processed their preorders yet.

I can't until Saturday as am doing the "quarantine" thing for packages just in case:(.

Anything non-critical. Not happy about it, but this thing is so contagious. Just in case:horror. I HOPE I got a great Thor - my Ragnarok Thor is fantastic.
Aaaaand this may be my only fat Thor. Still thinking about the HT as not crazy about sculpt and hair of proto. To me it looks kind of blocky and can't get the comment that the beard "looks like a loaf of bread" out of my head.:lol

Because, it DOES look like a loaf of challa bread. Like when someone said the HT Aquaman looked like an ear of corn.:cool:

I can't until Saturday as am doing the "quarantine" thing for packages just in case:(.

Anything non-critical. Not happy about it, but this thing is so contagious. Just in case:horror. I HOPE I got a great Thor - my Ragnarok Thor is fantastic.
Aaaaand this may be my only fat Thor. Still thinking about the HT as not crazy about sculpt and hair of proto. To me it looks kind of blocky and can't get the comment that the beard "looks like a loaf of bread" out of my head.:lol

Because, it DOES look like a loaf of challa bread. Like when someone said the HT Aquaman looked like an ear of corn.:cool:

What is this quarantine method?

Here are a few pics of mine in the Endgame Dio. I couldn't get more angles as opening up the plexiglass is a bit of a pain.

IMG_2439.jpg
IMG_2438.jpg
IMG_2437.jpg
IMG_2436.jpg

What is this quarantine method?

Boxes are sprayed/soaked with strong mix of bleach, water, and dish soap. The dish soap is primarily for the solution to stick better, it's the bleach (4 tsp per quart water but I use a bit more) that does the work. Let drip and throw large garbage bag over - keep loose so cardboard dries - let sit 72 hours or more (re estimated virus life on cardboard is 24 hours but why rush...https://www.livescience.com/how-long-coronavirus-last-surfaces.html

Mail also gets soaked down with disinfectant. Food/cans etc. washed with foamy dish soap including pet food. Wash hands. Based on laundry suggestions, don't shake potentially contaminated cloth as it can "aerosol" virus particles.

Paper and cardboard can take a beating even if not as pretty when it dries. U can probably put in bathtub too and wash with soap.

I dunno if this is all necessary vs. just letting boxes/mail sit for days, but figure it can't hurt. Re doctors on news, the primary mode of infection is NOT surfaces, but person-to-person or touching face with contaminated hands. But figure cardboard is pretty porous and can pick up a lot of stuff - most paper is. I feel better making life uncomfortable for virus:cool:. Who knows where shipping boxes have been.:horror

At first I was just washing my hands a lot with shipments but then just got too freaked out by the ease of transmission of this thing:horror. No harm in waiting to open stuff. And, I figure no point in stay-home orders if u are just gonna turn around and bring something contaminated in.
I try to act like anything brought in is contaminated with nuclear fallout.:cool: Of course, if u need a *pristine* shipping box, I would just bag up loosely and put somewhere safe for several days, and then go wash hands. Again.

Here are a few pics of mine in the Endgame Dio. I couldn't get more angles as opening up the plexiglass is a bit of a pain.

Just a beautiful display!:clap

Finally got past the paranoia of infested/infected boxes and cracked open Thor - *yeah* back to what I expect from Iron Studios (as opposed to the disappointing Bucky and the irritating Wasp) just a beautiful fig, great paint, nice details, very happy with him.:clap:rock2 This is Thor Odinson!

Thor_Endgame_Ironstudios1.jpg

Thor_Endgame_Ironstudios2.jpg

Thor_Endgame_Ironstudios3.jpg

Kinda strange for me to have a few of these now, but no Cap, no IM. But settling in for the wait. Really hope they do right by Scarlet Witch!

Finally got past the paranoia of infested/infected boxes and cracked open Thor - *yeah* back to what I expect from Iron Studios (as opposed to the disappointing Bucky and the irritating Wasp) just a beautiful fig, great paint, nice details, very happy with him.:clap:rock2 This is Thor Odinson!

View attachment 482505

View attachment 482506

View attachment 482507

Kinda strange for me to have a few of these now, but no Cap, no IM. But settling in for the wait. Really hope they do right by Scarlet Witch!

Looks great! Fingers crossed Iron Studios starts shipping soon.

Obviously the 1/10 is selling well but I feel it is taking away from IS doing better 1/4 or higher statues especially since some of the 1/10 has some great character pieces and poses.

View attachment 482437
View attachment 482438
View attachment 482439
View attachment 482440

View attachment 482505

View attachment 482506

View attachment 482507

Good stuff! :) These IS EG statues look good, I'm heavily tempted to pick one of the upcoming ones, but I'll wait for in hand photos before deciding :)

I assume when you refer to Wasp as irritating it's related to inserting and keeping the wings in place. I find that to be a huge issue and one that advise others to be very careful with. It's very easy to snap the leg of the wasp if you hold it and apply too much pressure inserting a wing. An odd engineering error for a company that beautifully engineered the swap outs on the deluxe 1/4 scale Thanos...

I assume when you refer to Wasp as irritating it's related to inserting and keeping the wings in place. I find that to be a huge issue and one that advise others to be very careful with. It's very easy to snap the leg of the wasp if you hold it and apply too much pressure inserting a wing. An odd engineering error for a company that beautifully engineered the swap outs on the deluxe 1/4 scale Thanos...

Exactly tho wouldn't say the face paint on the replacement I received is that great - like the helmeted sculpt, one eye is so heavily blacked (sloppy paint) it's not an eye, really. My first Wasp had better face paint on both sculpts.

But the wings....one I could see where someone was sloppy with the glue and filled the backpack in, so the wings won't insert, but a second time? Am spoiled enough by IS that THAT was unexpected and unwelcome - never had a problem like that with Falcon.

But my Wasp is from the re-release; so maybe that run got sloppy:dunno. The rest of her paint is very clean; IMO a very nice silhouette which is what attracted me. She wasn't on my list originally. IS sculptors really know their stuff. Like Bucky she will look fine on the shelf; but she isn't the quality of the other pieces I have, not even the Ragnarok pieces. But am more irritated about tiny Bucky:pfft:....

ah, well, will forgive a lot if they do a stellar Wanda, been waiting for her. As well as Tony and Cap. When SW shows up to take on Thanos is one of my favorite EG scenes. It was about time she let loose.:cool:

Exactly tho wouldn't say the face paint on the replacement I received is that great - like the helmeted sculpt, one eye is so heavily blacked (sloppy paint) it's not an eye, really. My first Wasp had better face paint on both sculpts.

But the wings....one I could see where someone was sloppy with the glue and filled the backpack in, so the wings won't insert, but a second time? Am spoiled enough by IS that THAT was unexpected and unwelcome - never had a problem like that with Falcon.

But my Wasp is from the re-release; so maybe that run got sloppy:dunno. The rest of her paint is very clean; IMO a very nice silhouette which is what attracted me. She wasn't on my list originally. IS sculptors really know their stuff. Like Bucky she will look fine on the shelf; but she isn't the quality of the other pieces I have, not even the Ragnarok pieces. But am more irritated about tiny Bucky:pfft:....

ah, well, will forgive a lot if they do a stellar Wanda, been waiting for her. As well as Tony and Cap. When SW shows up to take on Thanos is one of my favorite EG scenes. It was about time she let loose.:cool:

Agree on all counts. Very much looking forward to Endgame Wanda. I have Civil War Wanda in my Infinity War dio and she blends fine, but really want a proper costumed Wanda for EG. Hope the world starts turning properly again soon and we start getting bombarded with statue and dollie shipments! :)

Agree on all counts. Very much looking forward to Endgame Wanda. I have Civil War Wanda in my Infinity War dio and she blends fine, but really want a proper costumed Wanda for EG. Hope the world starts turning properly again soon and we start getting bombarded with statue and dollie shipments! :)

Amen to that.:duff

Figure by fall there will be a scramble to produce and ship, to even out the company balance sheets. Will be *chaotic*. Plus no-one's gonna wanna miss a boost from holiday sales.

Well, I was intrigued with the EG Captain Marvel statue, but now HT will eventually release theirs. Ah, well, I may still pick it up since it's Captain Marvel after all, plus it'd be nice to have a piece in a semi-dynamic flight pose :)

Well, I was intrigued with the EG Captain Marvel statue, but now HT will eventually release theirs. Ah, well, I may still pick it up since it's Captain Marvel after all, plus it'd be nice to have a piece in a semi-dynamic flight pose :)

Be careful, Zurdo, I started with one 1/10 scale IS piece. Look back a few pages for my Infinity War and Endgame dioramas to see what a slippery (yet beautiful) slop it is! :)

Just got delay notifications for several of the these. Scarlet Witch, Black Widow, Iron Patriot, Iron Man Deluxe, Cap Deluxe, Red Skull. All the push backs were a month or two and not surprising. I am assuming that things will continue to slide as we work through the pandemic.

Back