Iron Studios: Battle Diorama - Superman vs Doomsday 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That cap vs RS aint 1/6 buddy

I don't want to argue about it but, 1/6 is usually 12 inches tall both bats and cap are 11 inches tall, just measured them. Compared to my 1/6 scale koto marvel and DC pieces they do look smaller. I don't care if they are not true 1/6 pieces I just want someone to go to the Iron Studios concept store with another Dio and take a picture to see the size diff, lol. :)

Thanks dan350zr.

For me this is lazy designing / sculpting. A Superman vs Doomsday piece needs to reflect Superman #75. The fight was bang in the centre of Metropolis, Supes was wounded with battle damage to his outfit, bruising and cuts all over his body and Doomsday was starting to look a little worse for wear. This Superman looks nothing like the Jurgens/Breeding one from the story line and looks fresh as a daisy, jacked on steroids and nothing like how he should.

Way overpriced too

Disappointed

For me this is lazy designing / sculpting. A Superman vs Doomsday piece needs to reflect Superman #75. The fight was bang in the centre of Metropolis, Supes was wounded with battle damage to his outfit, bruising and cuts all over his body and Doomsday was starting to look a little worse for wear. This Superman looks nothing like the Jurgens/Breeding one from the story line and looks fresh as a daisy, jacked on steroids and nothing like how he should.

Way overpriced too

Disappointed

Maybe the fight just started :dunno

Way overpriced too

Disappointed

I don't know if its lazy designing or sculpting? Ivan Reis is a comic artist and he designed (illustrated) the concept for the statue. The statue is spot on with his vision of superman, (big jaw, no baby face and really big). See images below of his previous work. Battle damage is nice on pieces but, at the same time it's not needed unless their goal was to reproduce the same fight from Superman #75 and it looks like that was not the goal. It does have a high price tag on it, but its going to be epic, its 35 pounds, lol!

3aa74818ac0e9455588f639d17e2689b.jpg

random0077.jpg

12930838_996294677072213_960613511_n.jpg

I think this will eventually become a grail even with a few people criticizing it.... It's just epic looking IMO....

I can see where Supes in this sculpt does resemble the movie Hulk statue. I think it's the eyebrows and nose.

Hard to picture this becoming a Grail when it'll cost most people close to Two Grand for it.
At that kind of price, how much room does it have to increase in value?

You can get this piece for well under 1500, if you talk to the right people. But the biggest downer for me is the price. This is extremely expensive for 1/6 Diorama. I have not had a chance to see this in person yet but, they are milking people, even at SRP. If your going to get it you better damn well like this piece!

You can get this piece for well under 1500, if you talk to the right people. But the biggest downer for me is the price. This is extremely expensive for 1/6 Diorama. I have not had a chance to see this in person yet but, they are milking people, even at SRP. If your going to get it you better damn well like this piece!

Retail on this is almost $1k, Brazil charges a 20% tax on that, shipping to the US will be around $300 and then add a PayPal fee and you're already over $1500. Unless Sideshow sells this you'll have a tough time beating that

That's why I won't even think about getting this unless Sideshow starts selling IS DC pieces. It's not worth the price getting it to the US for me.

Retail on this is almost $1k, Brazil charges a 20% tax on that, shipping to the US will be around $300 and then add a PayPal fee and you're already over $1500. Unless Sideshow sells this you'll have a tough time beating that

Not trying to sell this on anyone, just trying to inform the miss-uniformed. This person is selling it for 980 + shipping, which could be from 200 - 250 (under 1300 out the door). Even with it being this cheap its still very expensive, you better love this piece. Cause I think this might be hard to flip early on.
Ebay link attached below.

Superman vs Doomsday Diorama 1 6 Iron Studios Preorder | eBay

Not trying to sell this on anyone, just trying to inform the miss-uniformed. This person is selling it for 980 + shipping, which could be from 200 - 250 (under 1300 out the door). Even with it being this cheap its still very expensive, you better love this piece. Cause I think this might be hard to flip early on.
Ebay link attached below.

Superman vs Doomsday Diorama 1 6 Iron Studios Preorder | eBay

Not sure if you're calling me misinformed but if you think buying a preorder from an international seller with 10 feedback is a good idea....

Not sure if you're calling me misinformed but if you think buying a preorder from an international seller with 10 feedback is a good idea....

No it was not targeted to you, seems like a lot of people throwing all kinds of numbers out. I'm just saying if you look hard enough talk to certain vendors you can find a price for this item around SRP. Which I think is still a lot of money unless you really want this piece. Don't want any bad blood, lol.

I like your pre-order too! I have green lantern ordered and plan to pick up Dark Seid for the right price.

This Statue is still a Pre-Order. I would NOT Buy it on EBAY unless it was In-Stock and even then it's Very Risky. If it arrives Damaged you can't just exchange it or ask for a Refund. Ebay holds the Buyer responsible for the Return Fee. So, even if the Seller agreed to a Refund or Exchange, you'd be out over $300.00 plus just to return it and another $300.00 plus for the Seller to ship you another one.
The Only Safe way to get this piece here is from a Dealer who carries it. As far as I know, only Secret Compass has it and that is at about Two Grand but at least you'd be protected.

This Statue is still a Pre-Order. I would NOT Buy it on EBAY unless it was In-Stock and even then it's Very Risky. If it arrives Damaged you can't just exchange it or ask for a Refund. Ebay holds the Buyer responsible for the Return Fee. So, even if the Seller agreed to a Refund or Exchange, you'd be out over $300.00 plus just to return it and another $300.00 plus for the Seller to ship you another one.
The Only Safe way to get this piece here is from a Dealer who carries it. As far as I know, only Secret Compass has it and that is at about Two Grand but at least you'd be protected.

Secret Compass does a good job.

But before Sideshow get license for Iron Studios, with whom you think could Secret Compass parts? :)

On eBay if an item arrives damaged they send you a return label for free return shipping. But only if it's damaged or not as described.

On eBay if an item arrives damaged they send you a return label for free return shipping. But only if it's damaged or not as described.

It is also a good solution.

But you believe that a seller wants to sell only a part?
Of course, if the piece will get broken solution for customer loyalty

It doesn't matter what the seller wants. Even if they have a no return policy, if the item arrives damaged eBay will charge the seller for return shipping if the buyer returns the item. That's just how it works.

Iron Studios already had a bad situation with Captain America being packed poorly, and it not surviving. This was fixed quickly and he was removed from the Styrofoam and extra bubble wrap was installed.

I'm sure Iron Studios learned from their mistake, and a piece like this will be fully protected. I'm pretty sure most of these companies make a few extra to see if it survives a drop down the stairs test when fully packed.

/

It doesn't matter what the seller wants. Even if they have a no return policy, if the item arrives damaged eBay will charge the seller for return shipping if the buyer returns the item. That's just how it works.

I don't know if they changed their policy recently but they didn't cover International Shipping when I last had issues with Foreign Dealers. You the Buyer would be paying the Return Fee and I've never seen an International Seller offer Free Returns.
Plus Ebay Policy demands proof of return meaning a Tracking Number.
USPS only offers Tracking for Air Express. Which is ridiculously expensive. UPS, FedEx, DHL all charge a Large Fee too for International Tracking.
A lot of Foreign Sellers know this. That's why they don't really worry about returns. Most Buyers will just keep the Damaged Item rather than spending a few hundred to return the item.

Last edited:
Back