Iron Studios Avengers Endgame 1/4 Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have all the SS 1/4 scales minus the War Machine Mark II repaint. I have the SS Mark 42 which turned out fine for me, but Iron Patriot is noticeably sloppy. The Mark III is spectacular in my eyes.

I agree on the HTs. I have all of the movie armors released, except for special edition versions (i.e concept art, gunmetal, neon tech etc).

I have the 1/4 43 and 45 and they're beautiful! So I guess I should also say, I hope HT does the main armors in 1/4 scale as well :lol

How are the Iron Studios 43 and 46 in hand?

The Mark 43 was good. I wasn’t so hot on the gold that they chose, but I’ve long gotten used to it. Though honestly I’m been waiting for it to tip over for years, and I swear during that time it seems to have moved or tilted. But I’ve got so many backups for Iron Man, I personally haven’t been too concerned.

The Mark 46 is another story. With the lights off, the paint ‘appears’ to be great, but once I switch on the lights in a totally dark room, the light leakage is ridiculous. The armour is almost like a lamp shade where it’s allowing light to seep through wherever there are any panel lines etc. I pretty much put it in a bottom level Besta and haven’t touched it since. I just kept it to complete the line.

My favourite Iron Man pieces are the Hot Toys 1/4 Mark 43, and than the Sideshow Mark 3 Maquette (but that may have been influenced by it being based off of official production artwork which I loved).

The Mark 43 was good. I wasn’t so hot on the gold that they chose, but I’ve long gotten used to it. Though honestly I’m been waiting for it to tip over for years, and I swear during that time it seems to have moved or tilted. But I’ve got so many backups for Iron Man, I personally haven’t been too concerned.

The Mark 46 is another story. With the lights off, the paint ‘appears’ to be great, but once I switch on the lights in a totally dark room, the light leakage is ridiculous. The armour is almost like a lamp shade where it’s allowing light to seep through wherever there are any panel lines etc. I pretty much put it in a bottom level Besta and haven’t touched it since. I just kept it to complete the line.

My favourite Iron Man pieces are the Hot Toys 1/4 Mark 43, and than the Sideshow Mark 3 Maquette (but that may have been influenced by it being based off of official production artwork which I loved).

Thanks for the breakdown. I really do like the 1/4 43 as well and count it in my top favorites. HT did the faceplate so beautifully and the paint is top notch.

I ordered IS Endgame Cap but I still have reservations about pre-ordering the Mark 85 and Thanos. I have the Infinity War Thanos and it's terrific overall but the gold armor trim is far from the highlight of the statue. The gold armor on the shirt isn't awful but the paint is not nearly as sharp/brilliant/layered as the blue/purple shirt is. It definitely makes me hesitate considering the armored Thanos has gold covering most of the statue.

And your mention of the issues with the Iron Studios 46 reinforces the issue. Iron Studios can sure sculpt and paint beautiful and realistic fabric but I'm just not yet sold on the armor. Maybe armored characters are best left to Hot Toys, at least for me. Have to wait for better pictures.

Well Iron Man is a definite buy for me. I don't display my CW IM with the portrait switchout but I'd consider it with this one.

On the fence about Thanos, I had to cancel IW Thanos because of timing. I'm not sure if I want both of them in the collection or IW or EG. I think the IW is probably nicer but the swap outs on this guy are pretty tempting.

This is starting to grow on me...but, the more I see it, the more the unmasked head kinda bugs me a bit. It feels incredibly stoic and emotionless. I mean, he's bloody yet clearly feels nothing:lol He does look great otherwise though and the floating pose doesn't bother me either. I will pray they add an infinity gauntlet swap out arm. I think without it, I'm going to pass as I am still very happy with my SSC Mark VI.

Looking forward to seeing higher quality photos of this. Can anyone post?

This is starting to grow on me...but, the more I see it, the more the unmasked head kinda bugs me a bit. It feels incredibly stoic and emotionless. I mean, he's bloody yet clearly feels nothing:lol He does look great otherwise though and the floating pose doesn't bother me either. I will pray they add an infinity gauntlet swap out arm. I think without it, I'm going to pass as I am still very happy with my SSC Mark VI.

That gauntlet switchout is a must to display the unmasked portrait...

I agree the unmasked sculpt needs to have an expression, tony looks lifeless for someone who has blood dripping down his face. It’s growing on me, but it’s not there yet....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m warming up to iron man . The light up features look great!

I’m wondering if both iron man and iron spider will have removable backside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if this will go up for pre-order on Friday? Probably would have heard something by now if it was I suppose.

I wonder if this will go up for pre-order on Friday? Probably would have heard something by now if it was I suppose.

I think the last couple of POs were announced Wednesday or even Thursday before the Friday PO, so it may still be this week. There's a bit of a lull in the 1/10 line so it'd be a good time to do it. I wonder if they're still working on final approval from Marvel on switch out options. I think a Stark gauntlet would be a fantastic switch out!

I think the last couple of POs were announced Wednesday or even Thursday before the Friday PO, so it may still be this week. There's a bit of a lull in the 1/10 line so it'd be a good time to do it. I wonder if they're still working on final approval from Marvel on switch out options. I think a Stark gauntlet would be a fantastic switch out!

Stark Gauntlet would vault this to MUST OWN for me. Otherwise, I'm more likely to pass...

Because of the pose, I’m not sure I care if it comes with the Nano Gauntlet or not.

But I’m getting so many pieces that are probably coming with it anyway. From the 2 or 3 1/10 scale pieces that come with it, to the 1/4 Endgame Thanos, and all the Hot Toys 1/4 and life size replicas. Though oddly enough I don’t think any of the 1/6 scales come with it? Not to mention the couple of Hot Toys Cosbaby’s that I’m also getting that come with the Nano Gauntlets :slap

Back