Iron Studios 1/4 scale Spiderman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's exactly what I'm thinking. I can understand you have something like Spiderman jumping through a window that was a complex piece to begin with. What the heck is the problem with Falcon. It's a very simple pose. So clearly they have major problems in their factories. To have an entire batch flawed is shocking. This was one of those statues I had to have. This being the first 1/4 Falcon also gave me hope now just tarnished

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard people also had issues with the supes vs doomsday dio. Issues with the face and the base.
I agree with you. It's surprising to hear a whole batch is flawed on a simple piece like the falcon. I think it may be issues with the wings since they haven't revealed the material used for the wings (as far as I know). or maybe it's issues with the lean he has.

Where did you get the info on the batch being delayed?

I heard people also had issues with the supes vs doomsday dio. Issues with the face and the base.
I agree with you. It's surprising to hear a whole batch is flawed on a simple piece like the falcon. I think it may be issues with the wings since they haven't revealed the material used for the wings (as far as I know). or maybe it's issues with the lean he has.

It's on the actual thread for Falcon. It was due to be shipped today but did not happen. Hopefully we hear more info soon. But someone had already contacted sideshow asking why they have not taken the final payment

Just got word that Iron Studios have sent out their first batch of Falcons all damaged to Sideshow causing maybe a massive delay. I hope it isn't as bad as stated though.

Who did you hear this from???

That's horrible. :(

I just got my Doomsday vs Superman dio and I have no issues with his face or the base... Only issue I have is a small part of the cape arrived broken... but I should get a replacement soon as Iron Studios gets back from vacation on the 9th...

I just got my Doomsday vs Superman dio and I have no issues with his face or the base... Only issue I have is a small part of the cape arrived broken... but I should get a replacement soon as Iron Studios gets back from vacation on the 9th...

You gonna do a review on him

I think spiderman is going to be my first and last purchase from Iron Studios. These guys scare me too much for the prices they charge.

Same here. It's a horrible experience.
I've never such look forward to a masterpiece but in the end just a huge disappointment.

I think spiderman is going to be my first and last purchase from Iron Studios. These guys scare me too much for the prices they charge.

I can understand the frustration part, but the price part really isn't relevant as most of SSC pieces are creeping up to this ones price and if you take into account the detail and size of the base it's probably cheaper then ssc at this point. Just look at the new Deadpool statue

I can understand the frustration part, but the price part really isn't relevant as most of SSC pieces are creeping up to this ones price and if you take into account the detail and size of the base it's probably cheaper then ssc at this point. Just look at the new Deadpool statue

But to be honest. The details I can respect very highly because it does look great in all the videos I've seen. It's just the cheap materials used. Plastic. I saw one review show how disappointed he was in the materials used. He admired the ambition of the piece was outstanding, but hated that it felt cheap, at this price point nothing should feel flimsy and cheap. Especially what's holding the whole thing together. Moving the piece could also cause bits to break this was also confirmed in the video review.

But to be honest. The details I can respect very highly because it does look great in all the videos I've seen. It's just the cheap materials used. Plastic. I saw one review show how disappointed he was in the materials used. He admired the ambition of the piece was outstanding, but hated that it felt cheap, at this price point nothing should feel flimsy and cheap. Especially what's holding the whole thing together. Moving the piece could also cause bits to break this was also confirmed in the video review.

Except none of that is true. This is the last time I tell everyone this, I swear, but there is very little plastic in this statue, and if you don't count the "glass" there is virtually none. I've also moved the statue probably 20 times and never broken anything. You just have to know where to pick it up and such. It can be considered a flaw that the balance of the piece hinges on the figure of Spidey, but once in place, it is very stable. Honestly, any complaint about this statue that doesn't have to do with the initial QC inspection of the piece are not valid ones, and this entire situation is proof that statue collectors love to complain more than they love statues.

Except none of that is true. This is the last time I tell everyone this, I swear, but there is very little plastic in this statue, and if you don't count the "glass" there is virtually none. I've also moved the statue probably 20 times and never broken anything. You just have to know where to pick it up and such. It can be considered a flaw that the balance of the piece hinges on the figure of Spidey, but once in place, it is very stable. Honestly, any complaint about this statue that doesn't have to do with the initial QC inspection of the piece are not valid ones, and this entire situation is proof that statue collectors love to complain more than they love statues.

Who is complaining? It's what's been stated by people who have bought this. Like I said before I've seen some reviews were they have stated parts were cheap plastic. There were parts that snapped off in the review while he was reviewing it. If you check out Statueforum review he gives an honest take on this piece. I'm also glad you like this piece and happy with it. A lot of people are happy with it.

https://youtu.be/ofvrnCyg22Q

I wasn't attacking you, kain. Sorry if it came off that way. I've just said several times that I had to destroy one of these and most of the parts people are calling plastic actually are not.

All I was saying is that if SSC were to produce such a statue with or without Cheap plastic parts it would most likely be more than the price this one was selling for based off of the Deadpool statue which they justified a grenade and rocket to charge $700. If this statue was made by SSC it would of cost probably close to $1000 and doubtful it would not of had some QC issues.

I can see your point of the argument if IS's Spidey was their only 1/4 scale statue that was ~ $700.00 but most of their 1/4 scale statues are just as expensive if not more expensive regardless of the complexity. Look at their most recent Iron Man or war Machine, for example. And why is Sideshow's propensity to nickel and dime their customers the gauge in which we measure our leniency on another company's pricing structure? I'm not sure I understand that type of logic. If I'm paying unreasonably high prices for a statue, I want outstanding quality regardless of whether it comes from Iron Studios, or Sideshow.

Except none of that is true. This is the last time I tell everyone this, I swear, but there is very little plastic in this statue, and if you don't count the "glass" there is virtually none.
As an owner of this statue and as a person who loves it I can tell you that;
  • The stairs are plastic
  • the railing is plastic
  • the glass is plastic
  • The meshes underneath the stairs are plastic
  • The connectors / support rails behind the Oscorp signs are plastic
  • Spider-Man's fingers are some sort of rubber/ Plastic
  • The claw at the end of the tentacle is plastic

Hahaha... doesn't IS have a clarification of the materials they use?

I wasn't attacking you, kain. Sorry if it came off that way. I've just said several times that I had to destroy one of these and most of the parts people are calling plastic actually are not.

Hey man no problem. And just to let you know you can speak your mind I'm not offended in any way. You gave valid points because you own this piece. You have also made my mind think differently towards it so good on you.

I can see your point of the argument if IS's Spidey was their only 1/4 scale statue that was ~ $700.00 but most of their 1/4 scale statues are just as expensive if not more expensive regardless of the complexity. Look at their most recent Iron Man or war Machine, for example. And why is Sideshow's propensity to nickel and dime their customers the gauge in which we measure our leniency on another company's pricing structure? I'm not sure I understand that type of logic. If I'm paying unreasonably high prices for a statue, I want outstanding quality regardless of whether it comes from Iron Studios, or Sideshow.

• The stairs are plastic
  • the railing is plastic
  • the glass is plastic

That is 100% true! The price of this piece is on the same scale as sideshows recent offerings. I actually didn't have a problem with the price. My main points were the plastic parts that caused things to be fragile. If I'm wrong then I will not hold that against anyone who bought it. I had this on pre order and it did not ship. Then found out the bad news from sideshow themselves. The last thing I even thought about was the seams issue or the rough paint that a few received.

Good post Vindictive!

• The stairs are plastic
  • the railing is plastic
  • the glass is plastic

Parts of the railing may be plastic, same as the stairs, but where it connects to the stairs is not. I snapped a piece off by applying too much force :). The rest, you are correct about, but that was my point about very little. I guess that would come down to what someone considers very little.

My entire point was that it's impossible to get away from the fact that they screwed the pooch on the initial shipments as far as QC is concerned, but if it were not for that, I wonder if the statue would get the same hate it does for the materials.

I rather they use plastic for various small parts on the statue vs getting the statue with broken polystone parts.. On Superman vs Doomsday statue the rebar's on the base and the steel girders that come separate from the base are plastic but everything else is polystone.

What I don't like is when the majority of the statue is plastic and they don't tell you cough cough MOS PF cough cough....

I rather they use plastic for various small parts on the statue vs getting the statue with broken polystone parts.. On Superman vs Doomsday statue the rebar's on the base and the steel girders that come separate from the base are plastic but everything else is polystone.

What I don't like is when the majority of the statue is plastic and they don't tell you cough cough MOS PF cough cough....

Exactly....Some parts have to be made of plastic since the size making them in poly wouldn't make sense. Couldn't see a hand railing lasting very long in some statues being made out of poly, could be wrong though.... as statues become more and more detailed plastic or different forms of it are going to be used much more.

Exactly....Some parts have to be made of plastic since the size making them in poly wouldn't make sense. Couldn't see a hand railing lasting very long in some statues being made out of poly, could be wrong though.... as statues become more and more detailed plastic or different forms of it are going to be used much more.

I want to display nicely and stay intact. :lecture

....and I want the price to be justified. :lol

Back