Iron Studios 1/4 scale Spiderman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's right the os corp sign is supposed to clip onto the window frame of the base has nothing to do with the stability of the base and I believe the lower tentacle part Is what is keeping the base stable along wth the frame

You guys are probably all right but I had so many defective pieces that when I somehow got them all assembled the only thing that was stabilizing the entire setup was the ORP piece. This piece had a lot of serious issues with balance.

c53b11932612538bfdb8416b51d62e7f.jpg

I don't know about you guys but this is how my OSCORP sign lined up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah the problem with this piece is the concept is A+ but the execution is shocking. People paying $750 is bad enough. But then you got international buyers paying $1000 just to find that most of it is plastic. I think I would feel cheated if I had this in person knowing how much it cost me.

I'm still surprised people are surprised that there was quite a bit of plastic in this diorama. I'm just waiting for the comments when people are again surprised by the plastic in the Superman vs Doomsday diorama. As that also looks like it could very well have plastic in the base. But that at least shouldn't have the same balance issues.

And to answer my own thoughts I still want this piece but in the back of my head don't want to pay that amount of money for it not knowing if mine will have issues or not lol

Unfortunately at this time it looks like the majority of pieces will have the same fitting issues. Especially in regards to the octopus arm. If you can accept that, the plastic and the by design seams in Spidey then get it. Otherwise avoid like the plague.

Hiding the material used is shady - period. There is no "if" and no "but" around this. People have personal preferences about materials and no amount of talks will change their mind, which is why companies should clearly specify the materials they're using and don't change them at a second time without warning customers.
It's not a customer's concern if the base could have been possible to be made in resin or plastic - customer pays based on the informations he's provided. When someone pays for a "polystone statue", they expect a polystone statue. It's about the principle itself of transparency between company and customers imho.

You have to smash the part/statue up and send in multiple pictures. If they decide it's not smashed up enough they'll ask you to smash it more until they're satisfied. As far as PS and what not I suppose someone could do that who is really good at it. I'm not sure what the penalty is if they find out you're lying or if you don't comply with their request to smash the part/statue. A fee maybe? Have your account canceled? I'm not sure.

EDIT: Hulk Smash.

They'll charge you a huge chunk of the price

I think its just hard to fall in love with this piece after feeling cheated with all the hocus pocus about distribution. And now having to deal with the plastic stuff and defects here its just hard to be excited about this. I guess this is my last IS piece and its sad in a way cause I do think they make excellent sculpts. They're just not as professional as SS or as fan-dedicated as XM. I think they should have built up reputation first before all these problems.

I'm kind of surprised by this given the home runs they had with Captain America and Iron Man, both were very high quality with great paint apps. I'm sure it's just a coincidence, but it's a bit fishy that Iron Studios teams up with Sideshow and this is quality of the first statue we get from them, I can't help but wonder if Iron Studios used SS Factories or something...

Now I'm worried about my Superman vs Doomsday statue :(

Hiding the material used is shady - period. There is no "if" and no "but" around this. People have personal preferences about materials and no amount of talks will change their mind, which is why companies should clearly specify the materials they're using and don't change them at a second time without warning customers.
It's not a customer's concern if the base could have been possible to be made in resin or plastic - customer pays based on the informations he's provided. When someone pays for a "polystone statue", they expect a polystone statue. It's about the principle itself of transparency between company and customers imho.

Given some peoples reaction to the use of plastic you're absolutely right, its use should always be in its advertising material etc. even when its use may be obvious.

I believe it was only recently that Sideshow themselves started to state when small amounts of plastics are used in their pieces, like I think they did with the Dark Phoenix and Green Goblin.

And they probably only did that because of the backlash from it's use in pieces such as the Boba Fett premium format etc (and because of that it was somewhat expected in the Darth Vader premium format).

Again people were surprised by the use of plastic in the Prime 1 Batman and though I would've prefered otherwise on the chestplate it's not a total surprise as I have some of their Transformer line and that has alot if pvc/plastics involved.

I guess as I only started collecting statues in the past two years or so, the use of plastics isn't such sin to me as one of my first pieces was the Prime 1 Optimus, and I had also been and continue to collect Hot Toy figures (and we all know how some 'statue' collectors feel about them).

I have no problem with them using plastic on fragile little pieces, makes sense to use it... but for bigger pieces I'm not to thrilled about it.... As long as the statue is 98% polystone or porcelain I'm a happy collector :) But when they start using plastic in like 50% of the statue then it starts to become a toy/statue hybrid which I have no interest in collecting.

I have no problem with them using plastic on fragile little pieces, makes sense to use it... but for bigger pieces I'm not to thrilled about it.... As long as the statue is 98% polystone or porcelain I'm a happy collector :) But when they start using plastic in like 50% of the statue then it starts to become a toy/statue hybrid which I have no interest in collecting.

Yeah, I've never seen so much plastic on a piece before.

With how they've designed it I'm not sure it would've been feasible to make that Oscorp sign out of something other than what they used, but with that in mind maybe they just shouldn't have designed it to be so thin/detailed/free floating and just made it one solid piece with the main base.

I'm thinking most would've prefered that.

Id like to hear an official statement from IS about this. Of course it's unlikely, but they should because I for one won't be buying from gem again so they should try to save some customers.

Yeah, I've never seen so much plastic on a piece before.

With how they've designed it I'm not sure it would've been feasible to make that Oscorp sign out of something other than what they used, but with that in mind maybe they just shouldn't have designed it to be so thin/detailed/free floating and just made it one solid piece with the main base.

I'm thinking most would've prefered that.

The Oscorp sign could have been made as one piece out of Polystone already attached to the base part instead of having silly clips which is a cheap thing to do. As someone was saying earlier it should be a fun process putting a piece together this is not a windows PC we're building here. To be honest I thought the stairs and rails would have been metals at this price point? But plastic did cross my mind. I think Spider-Man and the tentacles are the only poly parts on this. The rest including the light up feature are all plastics.

The Oscorp sign could have been made as one piece out of Polystone already attached to the base part instead of having silly clips which is a cheap thing to do. As someone was saying earlier it should be a fun process putting a piece together this is not a windows PC we're building here. To be honest I thought the stairs and rails would have been metals at this price point? But plastic did cross my mind. I think Spider-Man and the tentacles are the only poly parts on this. The rest including the light up feature are all plastics.

Well the light up was a given that it was going to be made out of plastic, especially given the claw was posable.

The primary base that Spidey attaches to is also made out of polystone.

From memory the following are plastic etc:-

The light up claw, the broken glass, the oscorp sign, the stairs attachment and the loose grating. Also the square areas where the octopus arm is smashing though the main base and on it's opposite with the yellow warning I think aren't made out of polystone either.

Any one receive the replacements or package tracking number?

It could be the best Spiderman statue ever, but terrible QC destroys this masterpiece.
My base has 4 QC issues and I can't even make it stable.
I contact IS about 2 weeks ago and they told me that they'll send my replacement ASAP and provide tracking number.
Haven't received any further information.

If anyone is not 100% happy with this piece they should get a refund. But to be fair this piece has many qualities and it's been reviewed by others as being just! Yes there are issues here and there that comes with this piece but I don't think it's across the board. All I can say even with all these flaws that people are reporting. The people that received this in perfect condition should be smiling knowing they have a great piece should keep it for that alone. I just cannot afford to take the risk of getting something that costs so much and not knowing if it's in perfect order or with annoying defects. So I had to cancel in the end.

But to all that got this and love it congrats to you all!!! This won't deter me from buying any of the new Iron Studios Civil War pieces I can't wait to get the Falcon and Black Panther statues

I remember when XM was about 3 months out from releasing Magneto I said flat out that they HAD to nail it. There had to be NO rampant QC problems, and no issues that made people regret getting it whatsoever. Nail it and they would be off to the races. Screw it up and the community would simply lose it. Well this was suppose to be Iron Studios Magneto, and well, it is more like their worst lemon ever. Ever since the original run of their Cap and Iron Man from AOU sold out they have been dropping the ball all over the place when it come to their WC on their 1/4 pieces. Their recent run of AOU Iron Mans has been showing up to the retailers and buyers broken at the hip, which wasn't a massive problem with the first run, and now I have read maybe 10 guys say they got this Spidey and he is perfect. Out of the 100s of pieces I have seen out there maybe 10 that say it is perfect. That just isn't acceptable at the price this thing costs. In the end this should have been the definitive Spidey piece for many it checks all of the boxes they wanted to see; action pose; stunning environmental base, villains represented. However, it doesn't matter what it "should have been", it matter what it actually is. One more statue from Iron Studios that is having massive QC issues, and when you add that to the horrible paints on their Mark 42, broken bases on their Cap, and broken bodies on their Iron Man AOU it looks like this is company that is for the most part struggling to get their crud together. However, this time they did it on a MUCH bigger scale with SSC distributing their product to the masses.

I remember when XM was about 3 months out from releasing Magneto I said flat out that they HAD to nail it. There had to be NO rampant QC problems, and no issues that made people regret getting it whatsoever. Nail it and they would be off to the races. Screw it up and the community would simply lose it. Well this was suppose to be Iron Studios Magneto, and well, it is more like their worst lemon ever. Ever since the original run of their Cap and Iron Man from AOU sold out they have been dropping the ball all over the place when it come to their WC on their 1/4 pieces. Their recent run of AOU Iron Mans has been showing up to the retailers and buyers broken at the hip, which wasn't a massive problem with the first run, and now I have read maybe 10 guys say they got this Spidey and he is perfect. Out of the 100s of pieces I have seen out there maybe 10 that say it is perfect. That just isn't acceptable at the price this thing costs. In the end this should have been the definitive Spidey piece for many it checks all of the boxes they wanted to see; action pose; stunning environmental base, villains represented. However, it doesn't matter what it "should have been", it matter what it actually is. One more statue from Iron Studios that is having massive QC issues, and when you add that to the horrible paints on their Mark 42, broken bases on their Cap, and broken bodies on their Iron Man AOU it looks like this is company that is for the most part struggling to get their crud together. However, this time they did it on a MUCH bigger scale with SSC distributing their product to the masses.

Well written and true to the point. I've been informed that XM are working on a 1/4 spider-man hopefully we see pics soon. But it appears XM are nailing every piece they are producing. What they showed at the Singapore show is mind boggling.

Well written and true to the point. I've been informed that XM are working on a 1/4 spider-man hopefully we see pics soon. But it appears XM are nailing every piece they are producing. What they showed at the Singapore show is mind boggling.

Lol... Dude where have you been ?? Under a rock?? Those pics came out forever ago...lol

IMG_2170.JPG
IMG_2171.JPG

While I am not 100% behind the design on it I can say one thing for certain; -s long as Shorudan (Bryan) is with XM QC will be on point, and any issues that happen when it comes to QC will be addressed to the best of his ability.

I have seen these pics before, but it's not final. But i'm speaking about when it's actually made as a prototype, things tend to change, they made changes with the Black Panther piece. I agree with you on this design concept it's hard to tell if it's too simple. Or the pose is dynamic enough

I asked for a claw replacement and they never answered me back ..since i was unhappy about the quality on this and i was missing the wow factor of it...i decided to returned it...2 days later i had a label prepaid to send it back via ups

Back