Iron Studios 1/4 scale Spiderman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fantastic piece. Very unique in many ways. It's like looking at a 3D comic page in colour. Simply one of the best pieces I've seen in a long time. Let's hope the production is on point.

I would only buy one if I were you, the higher price = lower profits later on, and who knows what the final ES would be, this is one statue that's not a good investment to try flipping but definitely worth the price to own.

I would only buy one if I were you, the higher price = lower profits later on, and who knows what the final ES would be, this is one statue that's not a good investment to try flipping but definitely worth the price to own.

At this point, wouldn't be surprised if IS gave this thing an open ES.

It is going to be very hard for pieces to raise in value nowadays. Even Magneto on Throne among many others is getting cheaper. With all these companies producing so many great options I do not think We are going to get those crazy aftermarket prices anymore. Spidey fans as an example have so many options right now Sideshow, Iron Studios, Customs and future releases from Prime 1, Imaginarium Art and XM Studios. Not to mention the possibility of a LSF from Sideshow to cap the price of the 1/4 and 1/3 statues aftermarket price.

It is going to be very hard for pieces to raise in value nowadays. Even Magneto on Throne among many others is getting cheaper. With all these companies producing so many great options I do not think We are going to get those crazy aftermarket prices anymore. Spidey fans as an example have so many options right now Sideshow, Iron Studios, Customs and future releases from Prime 1, Imaginarium Art and XM Studios. Not to mention the possibility of a LSF from Sideshow to cap the price of the 1/4 and 1/3 statues aftermarket price.

:panic:

agreed. Prices in general are just crazy, but we all keep coming back.

I'm now only doing 4 statues a year .. the prices have just gone waaayyyy too crazy.. statues with horrible QC, broken parts, and they keep getting lighter so they can save on shipping... $500 and up are normal.. when I got into this 10 years ago prices started at $249.00. The aftermarket has also killed the fun too... I recently sold all my comic related statues and am only doing movie related ones.. I love the 1/2 scale Bats and Supes from Prime but will not spend over $2000 for each of these...just my two cents..:)

yeah the aftermarket hasn't really been all that great for recent released items as a whole. Price certainly is a part of it, but overproduction certainly has something to do with it. Look at how many Cap, Hulk and spidey pieces have been produced in the last few years. It's only makes sense with probably 10 higher end statues of each made and huge es also the aftermarket is going to take a huge hit

I love the idea of aftermarket not being higher than initial sale value.

Couldn't agree more.

Not a good thing when we're already paying scalper prices on a day 1 purchase. There's a good thing about letting the aftermarket decide which piece is worthy, look at Bucky Cap PF, you can still get that for around $250 to $300 today because it's an unpopular choice. Nowadays it doesn't matter if it's grail or dud, everything starts at $500, you would loose a lot of money buying a PF at $500 on day 1 if it proves to be unpopular later on. I'd rather start low and let aftermarket decide which one is actually worth $500.

----------

Last edited:
I buy my statues no because they are popular I buy it because I love it if they will be popular or no really don't care about it, the only important that make me happy

I buy my statues no because they are popular I buy it because I love it if they will be popular or no really don't care about it, the only important that make me happy

Thats the best sentiment to have, unfortunately it is an unpopular one 8(

Don't say things like that. You must care, first and foremost, about the long-term profit potential! :wink1:

Back