Iron Studios 1/4 scale Spiderman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do like some aspects of this better than the SS version, but overall, I'm not a fan of the huge base on this as I think it distracts us from seeing spidey. Also, almost $300 more? No thanks.

nothing to do but look awesome the new spiderman suit from civil war high resolution

https://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/captain-america-civil-war-spider-man-image.jpg

11220881_10206190357823311_1465001109012663134_n.jpg

I have a real distaste for this company's business practice. They knowingly screwed over someone who worked very hard to promote them to the rest of the world.

Agreed. He has been a major promoter of their brand and they knew this deal was in the works when they allowed him to PO from them, and he was given little to no warning.

Agreed. He has been a major promoter of their brand and they knew this deal was in the works when they allowed him to PO from them, and he was given little to no warning.

I agree 110% ( don't take this personal ) but that is what the ppl call business my friend :)

I get that m8, but I have always been a big fan of the phrase " you gotta dance with the one who brought you", and Paulo brought IS into the world stage.

Total agree also his costumer services is the best I know belive me but well I hope everything will be fix for him soon :)

I was very surprised when I got the SS email that this was up for PO. I think it is a GREAT move for Iron ESPECIALLY that their product quality has at least tripled in the past 1-2 years. SS makes good use of their distribution license and its a smart move on them. Hope this continues for future IS products. As for the business practices I am not behind the scenes and dont know the details but when a deal is made someone is always left out someway its just the way business works.

Dam I only recently ordered the SSC Spiderman, and now this is available. Might bite the bullet but postage and custom fees to Australia is going to kill me. Popcultcha has it for $1500 AU. You reckon ordering through SSC will still work out cheaper?

That's a trash move on their side. Knowing that they did that might make one not even want to purchase from that company.

They completely screwed him over and the people who pre ordered through him. I bet the won't even do anything about it either. Just give the ultimatum of keeping the PO or losing that large deposit and moving on.

IMO, the SSC version is just as dynamic as the IS version ...statue to statue. However, base to base ...the IS version is just too busy and big. It really overshadows Spider-Man. I'll just stick with the SSC PF.

Iron Studios has a lot of products coming out. Marvel and DC.
Is this Spider-Man a test run or will they be carrying everything?
Nothing else Iron Studios is available on Sideshow?

Iron Studios has a lot of products coming out. Marvel and DC.
Is this Spider-Man a test run or will they be carrying everything?
Nothing else Iron Studios is available on Sideshow?

Just Marvel for now. That could change tomorrow.

I think ssc are only posting this to USA and Canada and not anywhere else

It ships to almost any country. only a few restrictions (click on country to see if it is exempt).

I heard it was just USA and Canada. I could be wrong but that's what I'm hearing on the vine

I get that m8, but I have always been a big fan of the phrase " you gotta dance with the one who brought you", and Paulo brought IS into the world stage.

I hear you....I really do. More importantly I respect your point of view.

But...manufacturers change distributors all the time. This is business...and unless you have a signed distribution contract for an agreed upon period of time, a manufacturer has the right to change distributors, or make changes to their distribution channel, anytime they feel a change is warranted. That is the inherent risk that every distributor assumes when they agree to serve as the middle man for a manufacturer. And to be honest...even if Iron Studios gave Paulo a head's up regarding the transition...someone...somewhere...would feel that Iron Studios decision to allow SS to be their distributor was unfair to Paulo.

We all acknowledge that life is not fair...why would we expect anything different from the business world?

If anyone has given him a deposit they either stick with him or loose their deposit. Only fair

I hear you....I really do. More importantly I respect your point of view.

But...manufacturers change distributors all the time. This is business...and unless you have a signed distribution contract for an agreed upon period of time, a manufacturer has the right to change distributors, or make changes to their distribution channel, anytime they feel a change is warranted. That is the inherent risk that every distributor assumes when they agree to serve as the middle man for a manufacturer. And to be honest...even if Iron Studios gave Paulo a head's up regarding the transition...someone...somewhere...would feel that Iron Studios decision to allow SS to be their distributor was unfair to Paulo.

We all acknowledge that life is not fair...why would we expect anything different from the business world?

I don't think he was ever an official distributor to begin with

IMO, the SSC version is just as dynamic as the IS version ...statue to statue. However, base to base ...the IS version is just too busy and big. It really overshadows Spider-Man. I'll just stick with the SSC PF.

Yeah that's the main reason I didn't order him previously, and now that he's even cheaper the base is still holding me up. Takes away from spidey himself I thinks,

Back