Iron Studios 1/4 scale Spiderman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually tried to talk Paulo about it but never heard back from him.... SO I wouldn't be out a penny if I ordered this right now

Maybe it was a good sign he did not respond back, as an awesome opportunity has presented it for you :).

I will admit though, I wish some advance warning, notice, or heck even a tease of possibility that these may available in other markets. With the amount of statues popping out I really do have to buckle down on what I am ordering. The prices are rising ... and with SS seeing people pre-order this piece @ $750.00 new, dark, bad ideas may come to mind about raising prices some more ><. THAT is what I am truly scared of. I jumped on this particular statue because it is SPIDER-MAN ... and I am sure he also is one of your favorites :p.

Some of us might not be so lucky...

This sounds like it was marked up way more then retail before coming to SS : /. I am sorry to hear some got screwed over by this new direction.

It may make people wonder if XM Stuidios some day might do the same. SS is able to distribute to so many, it would be a smart business move.

Also, sideshow will replace, refund, or give a discount if something goes wrong. Peace of mind!

Yep, and we'll get reward points too.

It really sucks for those of us who already PO this through middle man in Brazil. The thing is, it would still be cheaper to cancel and loose the deposit and order it through Sideshow.

Yep, and we'll get reward points too.

It really sucks for those of us who already PO this through middle man in Brazil. The thing is, it would still be cheaper to cancel and loose the deposit and order it through Sideshow.

Shipping/tracking as well, there are so many pros to this new move.

This sounds like it was marked up way more then retail before coming to SS : /. I am sorry to hear some got screwed over by this new direction.

It may make people wonder if XM Stuidios some day might do the same. SS is able to distribute to so many, it would be a smart business move.

It wasn't. These are going straight from China to SS. Everyone who bought from a retailer in Brazil has to factor in shipping to Brazil, then to the US, and customs. SS cut out the middleman.

Also Brazil has one of the worst fees when it comes to customs.

It wasn't. These are going straight from China to SS. Everyone who bought from a retailer in Brazil has to factor in shipping to Brazil, then to the US, and customs. SS cut out the middleman.

Paulo helped a lot of guys here and elswhere get Iron Studios pieces, and yeah it did cost more from him, but he took a big risk to help people out

Thanks for the clarification, it sounds like huge risks are taken when these sort of transactions are done. I’d be really nervous of my purchase arriving in one piece having it travel almost all around the world (especially passing through customs). I have always bought from SS and the facebook BST community that had items in hand.

Hopefully this makes it easier for pieces to become more available to people without having to use a middleman.

Paulo helped a lot of guys here and elswhere get Iron Studios pieces, and yeah it did cost more from him, but he took a big risk to help people out

Yeah, Paulo is awesome. He put a lot of effort into safely packing the Cap statues when it was revealed the original packaging was lacking and resulting in broken bases. Iron Studios really screwed him over with this. Very frustrating for him and the customers.

Agreed. If there are no options of transferring my order to other items, such as DC, I'm still going to purchase this and not leave him hanging.

Looks great very tempting, just wish that the Oscorp logo was on the front rather than the back of the statue so much detail just hard to display the entire statue.

Even if SecretCompass is price matching Sideshow shipping is way cheaper, I'd get it sooner AND I'd get points. As happy as I am for anyone who hadn't ordered yet this is awful news. Man.

Looks great very tempting, just wish that the Oscorp logo was on the front rather than the back of the statue so much detail just hard to display the entire statue.

Agreed. Hate that Oscorp is on the back. So much detail on this piece that i may place it on a slowly rotating base.

Ya he sure has. Even though this would be my first time dealing with Paulo I've read nothing but great things about him on FB and being able to get people IS statues. He really openly goes out of his way to help which is always a big thumbs up in my book. I feel bad for him that this is happening and his message box is probably getting flooded by people (me included) asking if anything can be done.

Even if SecretCompass is price matching Sideshow shipping is way cheaper, I'd get it sooner AND I'd get points. As happy as I am for anyone who hadn't ordered yet this is awful news. Man.

Man SC is price matching as well. This keeps getting better.

While not ideal - Since I had already ordered and paid a deposit through Secret Compass - a $250 price drop makes me very happy.

Disappointed that Sideshow couldn't get the distributer rights sooner so that folks stateside could have had more opportunities to get the Iron Man and Cap statues.

Dang it is just got my pf spidey today to. I feel like putting it in a closet now that this is state side? Do you think it to be wise to order order more then one for resale?

Alright whoa whoa whoa. This is the first time I'm ever even seeing this statue somehow ha. It's Spider-Man my favorite hero so I'm likely gonna have to order it. But what're all the details so I don't have to look through all the pages? If someone wouldn't mind explaining it real quick. What scale is it? What's the edition size? What country is it from?

Back