Iron Studios - 1:4 movie Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That eye does look a little off. Not a HUGE issue but it is probably good you are inquiring.
Well it's a huge issue for me coz I like to take close-up and macro photos and with those a tinny flaw like this is suddenly huge. XD For someone who just has him sitting there and who isn't interested in taking photos, it's probably not even visible. You don't see that flaw when you're just looking at the statue in front of you, then he looks close to perfect but it shows on photos. :/

received_10155529449509363.jpeg

Sadly Iron Studios say they don't have any replacements but they offered to send me the head of the WS they got in their showroom. I'm just waiting for photos of that one to see if the eyes are fine. :lol

If you don't mind me asking, to what line are you referring to?

You mentioned the left eye, but the only thick line I see is possibly a line over the right eye.

Just curious, but have you purchased any other statues before?, as these headsculpts are among the best I've ever seen. Especially on statues. I liked the heads so much I bought two of him and I'm planning to get two full sets of Team Cap.

It's unfortunate that you didn't get one to your satisfaction.

If you don't mind me asking, to what line are you referring to?

You mentioned the left eye, but the only thick line I see is possibly a line over the right eye.

Just curious, but have you purchased any other statues before?, as these headsculpts are among the best I've ever seen. I liked the heads so much I bought two of him and I'm planning to get two full sets of Team Cap.

It's unfortunate that you didn't get one to your satisfaction.
Yes, I'm referring to the eyelid line of his right eye (the left from my point of view).

received_10155529722279363.jpg

And I agree that the paint app on Iron Studios pieces is absolutely gorgeous, however, as stated before I do macro shots so this is a very visible flaw. The only other statue I have is Iron Studios' 1/4 AoU Cap and he's perfect, eyes are painted just right.

^^^ hopefully you get a replacement to your satisfaction, but honestly it's such a minor tiny issue I wouldn't let it spoil your enjoyment of this statue. It's a great piece!!

Yes, I'm referring to the eyelid line of his right eye (the left from my point of view).

View attachment 347791

And I agree that the paint app on Iron Studios pieces is absolutely gorgeous, however, as stated before I do macro shots so this is a very visible flaw. The only other statue I have is Iron Studios' 1/4 AoU Cap and he's perfect, eyes are painted just right.

If I brought that issue to my retailer he would out right laugh at me. He thinks I go over my statues too closely as it is. But I know how it feels to receive what you perceive to be a less then perfect statue.

I also have the AOU Cap and at the time it was the best piece in my collection. In my collection only the Falcon (have two) and now my 1/2 Prime 1 Superman matches it for outright quality.

Not to be critical, but with your standards I would stay very far away from most statue companies such as Sideshow for movie related pieces, as not many companies recently have produced headsculpts of this quality other than Iron Studios and Prime 1 Studios.

I originally started collecting 1/6 Hot Toy figures and boy do I miss the times where I would always get perfect/prestine pieces. Since moving over to statues I haven't had the best luck with pieces.

Honestly guys, I know it's a tiny issue and I absolutely don't mind his eyes when I'm looking at the statue in front of me. He looks perfect then. But when I take a photo of his face I literally get like 6000x4000 px of 1 thick and one thin eyelid line which makes it look as if one eyelid is hanging and if I don't do anything about it now, it'll take away a lot of the joy that I have when photographing him and I'll spend the rest of my days photoshopping a thicker eyelid line to one of the eyes. It's just not something I want to do and I feel that when I pay 780€ for a statue like this, I don't have to. It doesn't matter whether other companies deliver worse or whether it's a common thing with these kinda collectibles. I know Iron Studios can do better and for my money I want 'better'. ^^

I don't plan on getting more statues, just CW Cap and that's it. ^^ Don't have any more room then. :lol

Sad to read that you don't have any more space. Then again that's probably the number 1 issue nearly all collectors have.

One of these days I'm going to win the lottery, just so I can upgrade my collection room.

I'm guessing you didn't get the Falcon piece due to its size, to go along with Bucky and Cap? Even though he takes a lot of space I can't wait to see all three of them together.

Yeah, it’s a shame. But there’s only so much you can fit into an apartment and I already have 6 detolfs filled with figures and then some more here and there, I don’t wanna add more tbh, otherwise it would suffocate even me and I think my bf would move out. XD. I mean, I’d love that Falcon coz he’s looking absolutely stunning but with this kinda wing span I wouldn’t even know where to put him. :lol Not to mention that his price is way above what I feel comfortable paying for a single statue/figure. Sad but true. I guess I’d probably feel tempted if he were around 800€ … I might even budge then …
If I had the money and room, I’d get Falcon and Black Panther to go with WS and Cap. *__* That would be one hell of a display ...

Dude macro photography and statues don't go together :rotfl
:lol I can see why. Make it close-ups then. My Cap is gorgeous in those (also in macro shots btw). :lol

Yeah, it’s a shame. But there’s only so much you can fit into an apartment and I already have 6 detolfs filled with figures and then some more here and there, I don’t wanna add more tbh, otherwise it would suffocate even me and I think my bf would move out. XD. I mean, I’d love that Falcon coz he’s looking absolutely stunning but with this kinda wing span I wouldn’t even know where to put him. :lol Not to mention that his price is way above what I feel comfortable paying for a single statue/figure. Sad but true. I guess I’d probably feel tempted if he were around 800€ … I might even budge then …
If I had the money and room, I’d get Falcon and Black Panther to go with WS and Cap. *__* That would be one hell of a display ...

:lol I can see why. Make it close-ups then. My Cap is gorgeous in those (also in macro shots btw). :lol

I know it's a waste, but you could display Falcon without his wings.

I currently have two Falcons set up in two different rooms. One with his wings, and one without. And of course with the different right arms on each.

Its not like he uses his wings in every scene that he's in.

I currently have two Falcons set up in two different rooms. One with his wings, and one without. And of course with the different right arms on each.

True but without the wings it's just not the same. :lol I mean the wings are what turn this statue into that magnificent eye catcher it is imo, leaving them away is like not displaying him at all. Can't even display my HT Falcon without the wings.

True but without the wings it's just not the same. :lol I mean the wings are what turn this statue into that magnificent eye catcher it is imo, leaving them away is like not displaying him at all. Can't even display my HT Falcon without the wings.

Also true.

I've also got both versions of the Hot Toys Falcons. Got the Civil War version to replace the previous version and I was surprised to find out that his wingspan is even wider with the newer version. Issue was the last version barely fit in my custom acrylic display, and now I've got to display the figure/wings at not the best display angle.

LOL reading this thread just reminds me of how *ecstatic* I am over these pieces. I'm "just a tiny speck in an indifferent universe":lol but my angst over ordering these pieces last fall could have filled several planets (even tho I know you can return stuff etc. ):panic:

Am all for doubles of these pieces because they are that good IMO:love. Also read about the growing competition for the best Asian manufacturers, rising costs, and like that. Plus this is one of my favorite films, ever. Spectacular pieces that will never be made again. Sometimes I think the one single thing I am most impressed with - if I had to pick one thing - it'd be Falcon and Bucky's sculpts. Especially Bucky. Just seems to be so hard for companies to pull off a portrait sculpt. Seen some I consider great - PF Indiana Jones, some HT figs, but so many seem to be "off". Dying to see what Tony Stark looks like (still on the fence about IM).

I can understand wanting to photograph these pieces A LOT if I had any idea of what I was doing re photography:(. Shots with evening light, with fog effects, different angles...especially when Cap arrives. (These pieces are so good I'm actually HAPPY about my Cap PO $$$ *hums contentedly at the thought* because it's kinda a guarantee that he will be added to the collection and it's just gonna be so AWESOME to own my fav trio).

Meanwhile IMO Bucky is so good I wouldn't mind owning a THIRD but for the moment my sanity is holding on - always a dicey thing:lol - but who knows what reveals might come with SDCC?:horror $$$$!!!!! Besides, I want my Cap!

PS. Falcon's wings ARE spectacular but I can see displaying him without...because, as a sculpt, he's just so d*mn good. And I fantasize about potential custom additions that wouldn't damage the pieces - making resin "fire" pieces or fake wing pieces in a different position. Or even printing wings out on some tough media on a large scale printer and "faking it" in a display. I'm gonna print out some background "wallpaper" anyway for the display - I'm thinking greyscale probably, so it doesn't compete with the pieces. Maybe just the Civil War logo shield.

Iron Studios finally got around to posting a high definition video showing off all six pieces. You'd think they'd make more videos like this, maybe showing off each piece individually to market their statues, but hey, it's a step in the right direction:

[video]https://www.instagram.com/p/BVX5Ei2llfl/?taken-by=ironstudios[/video]

Iron Studios finally got around to posting a high definition video showing off all six pieces. You'd think they'd make more videos like this, maybe showing off each piece individually to market their statues, but hey, it's a step in the right direction:

[video]https://www.instagram.com/p/BVX5Ei2llfl/?taken-by=ironstudios[/video]

HA! Last winter it was pathetic, me trolling endless CCXP videos mostly which featured terrible soundtracks, big candy color fonts, and people talking. And talking. You hardly saw the products. But maybe everyone in Brazil who cares knows IS.

Finally moved my WS to the destined display spot. He's now looming over me when I'm at my desk. ^^'' I do like that although I might just get him down again so I can stare at him up close a bit more and not risk a stiff neck. :lol

IMG_1405-3.jpg

Back