Iron Studios 1/4 Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m not sure what you mean?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Just turn the blade so the hook is facing away from the statue. There's a hook on the saber that would attach to his belly. Does it look bent no matter how it's tuned?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Apologies if I missed this in earlier pages, but what were folks paying for shipping within the USA on this bad boy?

$35 to IL for me

Which I thought was cheap but if you look at the small size of the box, for a statue this size and the packaging, the way they broke the statue down, they where really thinking about breakage and shipping costs.

Hats off to them cause I thought SS was only capable of breaking there statues down like this and it doesn’t look like cheap plastic! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After 40 years of collecting, and as each day goes by living with this thing, I'd go so far as to say it is the definitive Star Wars collectible. It captures the feeling of the movies in a single form, better than anything I have ever seen or owned.

(Yes, even better than my MR Falcon :horror)

Yeah, it almost makes you want to sell your 12” line. [emoji16]

I don’t even see my 12” figures anymore after receiving this. I still have that itch though to collect them but I’m thinking about scaling back and only getting the select must haves and just carry on with IS and Life Size Busts.

But as a SW fan this is probably going to end up as the only collectible I’ll ever need. Anything else would just detract me.

0b25fcb303ffd690a200bb5497ad521a.jpg

Ive been that rout.. I had 1/6 scale before.. once I got my first 1/4 .. that was it... I sold them ALL :lol

Mandible nice pics.
I agree. This piece reminded me why I collect. I've been collecting a long time and I went through the 1/6th to 1/4 jump too. Years ago! LOL!
I'm very selective now with what I purchase.
It feels great to have something this amazing again.

Agreed but I did keep some of the 1/6 like Luke, Han, Chewy and Ben and a few FA troopers but yeah after my first 1/4 I now have like 20 lol never had that many 1/6. I just can’t help it

Ive been that rout.. I had 1/6 scale before.. once I got my first 1/4 .. that was it... I sold them ALL :lol

:exactly: I did the same thing. Started collecting 1/6 early last year...got about 10. Sold them all after I got my first PF lol. I still plan to buy a few 1/6 though, specifically that Jedi Anakin, but will be sticking to Star Wars only.

I still love my 1/6 but this figure is without question on another level.

I appreciate you both - Those costs are quite reasonable! Unfortunately, I missed the direct purchase boat by putzing around, waiting for in-hand photo reviews, but just snagged one off the Bay this morning for $800 shipped. I thought this reasonable enough compared to current prices on the secondary market.

Last edited:
I mean it's just hard to be impressed with my Hot Toys next to this beast.
13614e30f7d3af6d083f7a65b878d72f.jpg

Yeah and that’s what I mean, you have to put the 2 scales on entirely different shelf and or wall for it to not look odd. [emoji23]

I just filed a claim with SS for the light saber.

You know if you turn it the wrong way it looks straight then. Oh well..[emoji23]

I have to send them a pic of it and they’ll tell me what they can do.

Just turn the blade so the hook is facing away from the statue. There's a hook on the saber that would attach to his belly. Does it look bent no matter how it's tuned?

Yeah, sorry. I just saw this.

And to answer your question, yeah, it doesn’t look bent in reverse. I could actually live with it being that way. I mean who the hell is going to notice it’s in reverse right?

Oh.... those picky SW fanatics here on this board!

:exactly: I did the same thing. Started collecting 1/6 early last year...got about 10. Sold them all after I got my first PF lol. I still plan to buy a few 1/6 though, specifically that Jedi Anakin, but will be sticking to Star Wars only.

I did as well, problem is now I have 1/3 and larger and even 1/4 seems small now, but this piece is so good it still stands out.

Sadly im disappointed with mine, both the lightsaber it came with and the replacement dont light up all the way, i'm guessing its a problem with a connection somewhere. I might return it.

Sadly im disappointed with mine, both the lightsaber it came with and the replacement dont light up all the way, i'm guessing its a problem with a connection somewhere. I might return it.

It’s most likely the batteries. I had the same issue with partially lit up saber when I initially installed the crap stock batteries. Swap them out for a fresh pair of Duracells and see if that fixes it.

Anyone else have some dull spot on there chest armour?

It's like a spot where the gloss paint did not get painted on. Does anyone here have any experience with gloss paint? Is this an easy fix? Please let me know.

Thanks

That's the first thing I did even before mounting everything onto the base.
A fresh set of Energizers.
It lights all the way to the end.
The cheap green batteries that came packaged with the statue are still in their wrapper. LOL!

Back