Iron Studios 1/4 Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else have some dull spot on there chest armour?

It's like a spot where the gloss paint did not get painted on. Does anyone here have any experience with gloss paint? Is this an easy fix? Please let me know.

Thanks
First try to wipe it with a microfiber cloth.
It just might be a thin film of residue.

Anyone else have some dull spot on there chest armour?

It's like a spot where the gloss paint did not get painted on. Does anyone here have any experience with gloss paint? Is this an easy fix? Please let me know.

Thanks

Yup same problem on mine. Only on the left two black stripes. The right is perfect. I polished it with that same cloth you'd use on shades and it's gotten better but not completely gone. They DON'T send that as a part so either keep it, get a refund or a replacement . A replacement might be out as they're sold out. I am guessing it's an easy fix by a professional since all it is is glossy black polish paint. I'll keep polishing mine but if it doesn't improve I may get it painted. Sideshow gave me $55 credit for that flaw by the way. All my other issues were taken care of with replacement parts.

I gladly take the blame :lol this is just a fantastic statue and im sure who ever missed out will need to dish out big bucks later on to own this
I bought two vaders, sold mythos and the original. This is one of my favorite statues!!! Bad ass,

Is the spotlight actually supposed to be broken? Like a piece of the lens missing? I thought one part was clear and the other frosted to make it look broken but there is actually no lens at all where it is clear. Is this right??

if you dont pay for photobucket .. its total garbage .. and if you pay, its garbage too...

I just filed a claim with SS for the light saber.

You know if you turn it the wrong way it looks straight then. Oh well..[emoji23]

I have to send them a pic of it and they’ll tell me what they can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got my replacement saber and it came with the saber and the arm it goes to. It’s still crooked so maybe I’ll just fix the broken one and straighten it.

I just got my replacement saber and it came with the saber and the arm it goes to. It’s still crooked so maybe I’ll just fix the broken one and straighten it.

Yeah even the unlit saber that hangs from his belt is deformed. Sloppy casting I guess.

Think I’m just gonna turn mine backwards and keep it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So dumb that they make this great piece and the do that. Sad actually if you think how nice the rest is.

How can they it see this? It’s a simple fix.

So dumb that they make this great piece and the do that. Sad actually if you think how nice the rest is.

How can they it see this? It’s a simple fix.

It goes back to factory quality control. We've seen plenty of examples that Sideshow suffers from this problem, too.

I didn't notice a problem with the hilt. What's wrong with it again?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Replacement helmet came in today. Good on Sideshow.
eabccca688a9a00789d307f9a475fa9b.jpg

I wonder if they are shipped these parts in advanced or if they just pull them out of the boxes they already have?[emoji848]

I also got my replacement lightsaber yesterday. The original one stopped lighting up due to a small crack inside the saber.

Just noticed there's two ears underneath the helmet lol

Replacement helmet came in today. Good on Sideshow.

What was the issue with the first one shipped? Were you the one that had scratches on the helmet?

I wonder if they are shipped these parts in advanced or if they just pull them out of the boxes they already have?[emoji848]

I don't think they would do that. This is a limited and numbered piece. Having an incomplete set is huge money lost.

What was the issue with the first one shipped? Were you the one that had scratches on the helmet?

I don't think they would do that. This is a limited and numbered piece. Having an incomplete set is huge money lost.
I had a small paint chip. Very minor, but it bugged me.

Back