Iron Studios 1/4 Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This Vader will be gone soon, easily faster than the others on your list. It's also probably the only one that won't be cheaper on ebay.

Thanks for your thoughts on the matter. I really won't be able to purchase any new PF's until January so I've got a bit of a juggling act with regard to preorders and flex pays and whatnot.

Would be cool if you could twist his right wrist(sword arm) when going alternate left arm. If not, it may be an easy mod and I think it would look a whole lot better. Ooo and get some magnets and make stuff nearby float buahaha.

Was gonna get this but its coming out too quick. Depending on when it drops I may make the waitlist before it closes :thud:

Anyone have any clue as to where the battery compartment is?? Please make it one compartment with multiple AAA batts easily accessible without having to lift up or take apart the statue and one switch!!! Hide the compartment behind him or something. Underneath is going to be a PIA.

Anyone have any clue as to where the battery compartment is?? Please make it one compartment with multiple AAA batts easily accessible without having to lift up or take apart the statue and one switch!!! Hide the compartment behind him or something. Underneath is going to be a PIA.

I don't see anywhere it could be except underneath

I don't see anywhere it could be except underneath

Perhaps a slide out compartment out the back?? If they do an underneath compartment it better have like 10AAA batts so they don't have to be changed out every 6 hours if accidentally left on......

Perhaps a slide out compartment out the back?? If they do an underneath compartment it better have like 10AAA batts so they don't have to be changed out every 6 hours if accidentally left on......

I get your point. I would love that kind of accessibility myself. If it makes it easier, where I don't have to flip the darn thing upside down, I'm all for it.
However, that would mean creatively hiding the seam line created from such a compartment.

Most of these high end collectibles are designed to be viewed 360-degrees. So even the back has a lot of details. Putting a slide out compartment for the batteries could work on this IS Vader's base if they used one of those rectangles on the face of the base as the battery compartment.

Why is that difficult?

The short answer is that it's impossible to keep an equilibrium with static magnets :p The long answer is Earnshaw's Theorem (he did the math back in the 1800s): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earnshaw's_theorem. However you may have seen some levitating things with magnets, before. Toys and such, because the theorem does have some ways around it, like when they are moving. Which is why the spinning top toy is a thing. However it has to be rotating and on top of that it's pretty damn unstable. Temperature change? Can fall. Humidity change? Can fall. Something metallic placed nearby? Can fall. There are some things that can be made to levitate pretty reliably and without a spin however they require electromagnets which IIRC use oscillating fields. So yeah, not easy :p

edit: Good additional info if you're interested: https://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/General/Levitation/levitation.html

I get your point. I would love that kind of accessibility myself. If it makes it easier, where I don't have to flip the darn thing upside down, I'm all for it.
However, that would mean creatively hiding the seam line created from such a compartment.

Most of these high end collectibles are designed to be viewed 360-degrees. So even the back has a lot of details. Putting a slide out compartment for the batteries could work on this IS Vader's base if they used one of those rectangles on the face of the base as the battery compartment.

Simple solution is a DC port but DO NOT provide the power adapter. That avoids all the international BS and allows people to buy a $8 DC plug from amazon and never have to worry about batteries.

Would be cool if you could twist his right wrist(sword arm) when going alternate left arm. If not, it may be an easy mod and I think it would look a whole lot better. Ooo and get some magnets and make stuff nearby float buahaha.

Was gonna get this but its coming out too quick. Depending on when it drops I may make the waitlist before it closes :thud:

Yes...being able to twist his right arm would be wonderful and would have been a simple implementation if thought of as part of original design. If it did it would reduce the footprint significantly.

Simple solution is a DC port but DO NOT provide the power adapter. That avoids all the international BS and allows people to buy a $8 DC plug from amazon and never have to worry about batteries.

You can buy something like this.. but its not cheap.. around $60

15130098336_39c8e4cdb8.jpg

or just DIY

I will try that !

Last edited:
You can see the A/C adapter hole when it's movedto the table on sideshows live !

They could put the batteries in that barrel with pipe thing - make it smart enough to blend in like it is a small door/hatch belonging to that thing or removable top cap, and you would not need to flip the whole base to install batteries anymore

Back