Iron Studios 1/4 Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The more I mull this one over the more I'm having second thoughts about preordering. It's just such an aggressive looking Vader. Awesome to be sure but I tend to prefer more museum like poses on statues that are 1/4 or larger. I have a feeling that if I bought this one it would only be because it's the most screen accurate Vader in 1/4 scale but even then it'd only be a placeholder until one with a better pose came along. Waiting all these years for the perfect Fett served me well as the new PF is finally the homerun I'm looking for, I just might keep waiting for Vader too.

The huge saber footprint doesn't help either. Are there any pics of him with closed right fist and outstretched left hand?

The more I mull this one over the more I'm having second thoughts about preordering. It's just such an aggressive looking Vader. Awesome to be sure but I tend to prefer more museum like poses on statues that are 1/4 or larger. I have a feeling that if I bought this one it would only be because it's the most screen accurate Vader in 1/4 scale but even then it'd only be a placeholder until one with a better pose came along. Waiting all these years for the perfect Fett served me well as the new PF is finally the homerun I'm looking for, I just might keep waiting for Vader too.

The huge saber footprint doesn't help either. Are there any pics of him with closed right fist and outstretched left hand?

I know exactly what you mean! I also wanted just a simple museum pose Vader.. similar like the Attakus1 for example... BUT this Vader is def. the best Vader in 1/4 scale available. Is it different - yes.. is it better then Opera Sideshow version - for sure ... And after Rogue One .. this pose is actually something I can totally associate with Vader and dont mind to have more of an "action" pose

C'mon Khev! I know this is based off of ESB, but after seeing Rogue One, how can you deny this piece?
Actually, I could go for a nice museum/static pose too but this one will fit the bill until then.

I think there was a pic showing the right hand without the lightsaber. It didn't fit very well with the pose of the body however. It's obvious this piece was meant to have the lightsaber right from the beginning.

C'mon Khev! I know this is based off of ESB, but after seeing Rogue One, how can you deny this piece?

I know! :lol The way I see it is this:

1. Screen accurate costume? Check!

2. Scene from the OT or RO? Check!

3. Great pose? Hmmm. It's definitely a *cool* looking pose, but with a massive footprint I'm not sure how well that aggressive stance will look with other PF's that are standing upright museum-style. That's my only hang up.

Actually, I could go for a nice museum/static pose too but this one will fit the bill until then.

Exactly! I'll never need two 1/4 Vaders and $650 is a heck of a lot of money for a placeholder. There's no denying that it's a spectacular piece but with the price and size I just need to make sure that I won't have a hint of buyer's remorse later on. I'll just keep pondering for now, lol.

Last edited:
I know! :lol The way I see it is this:

1. Screen accurate costume? Check!

2. Scene from the OT or RO? Check!

3. Great pose? Hmmm. It's definitely a *cool* looking pose, but with a massive footprint I'm not sure how well that aggressive stance will look with other PF's that are standing upright museum-style. That's my only hang up.

Exactly! I'll never need two 1/4 Vaders and $650 is a heck of a lot of money for a placeholder. There's no denying that it's a spectacular piece but with the price and size I just need to make sure that I won't have a hint of buyer's remorse later on. I'll just keep pondering for now, lol.
I hear ya. It will look awkward among other pieces that are static. It'll stand out more, that's for sure. :duff

IS Vader will be THE Vader to own! Doooooooo it!

Whoa. Never considered action vs museum. Glad I have action pose Kylo and action pose Boba and action pose Stormie. I don't think it matter. My 1/6 scale are all mixed between action and museum. Just because one is standing still doesn't mean his buddy next to him can't be attacking.

IS Vader will be THE Vader to own! Doooooooo it!

Agreed, finally one that looks GREAT and ACCURATE! Iron Vader is great and about to ship.
If you want a laugh, look at the Legendary 1:2 scale Vader. Man, who approved that!??!

Finally sold my Vader PF and just actually PO'd the IS. I hope this is my definitive vader...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Eh.. I'm holding out for HT Vader. That one you'll be able to put him in a relaxed museum pose, regardless of accuracy, from what I seen looks good enough

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eh.. I'm holding out for HT Vader. That one you'll be able to put him in a relaxed museum pose, regardless of accuracy, from what I seen looks good enough

Keep holding out.. that HT Vader has been seen at shows since almost 3 years now..and no PO...

Keep holding out.. that HT Vader has been seen at shows since almost 3 years now..and no PO...

I think its all marketing. Don't want it to clash with other Vader products coming out from them and other companies. There's this and SS just announced the LSF.

I think we can see something by October.

I think its all marketing. Don't want it to clash with other Vader products coming out from them and other companies. There's this and SS just announced the LSF.

I think we can see something by October.

I'm honestly not 100% sure we'll ever see another 1/4 scale Star Wars from Hot Toys. It just seems odd that they wouldn't have pushed a Vader out, as there's always going to be some other Vader hitting the market to conflict...It's VADER! :)

I hope I'm wrong mainly because I wanted the unmasked Kylo and probably wouldn't get the HT Vader as I have the Sideshow PF and the Iron Studios on the way.

Still looking forward to the HT offering as well.
I'll be able to put that into the museum pose. Together with the IS Vader, that'll be all I need.

I finally got around to watching the Sideshow Live video where this was shown. WOW! I'm so freaking happy that I have this on order! It looked really amazing on the stream. Exactly what I'm looking for in a Vader. I hope Iron Studios continues their Star Wars line.

Back