Iron Studios 1/4 Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want this regardless, but truth is I ordered cause of the supposed "low" es of 1000. It would piss me off if they increase this, as there wouldn't have been a rush to order and most likely I could have scored one for cheaper down the road. I would lose respect for the company and not consider them again and for me to say that is because I mean it I have good self control

I just notice that Sideshow hasn't changed the ES to 1000 and this is still available for preorder several months later despite being, arguably, the best 1/4 scale Darth Vader statue. I don't have any Iron Studies statues, but if they increase the ES after saying that it 1k, I would lose all respect for them.

AFAIK, it hasn't been widely available for purchase for "several months"...I believe it became available on Sideshow's site in late January. Also, regardless of what the original expected price point was for this piece, $650+ is still a lot of money, and given that there was likely already some market saturation from SS's own recently released 1/4 scale Vader piece, I'm not sure if it should be that surprising that it has not sold out yet.

All of that being said, I totally agree that it would be incredibly disappointing if IS changes their mind about the ES at this point since there is no doubt that the low ES is what prompted some collectors to go ahead and commit to the purchase.

Here are a few pictures that I found on Instagram. I don't think I've seen them on here so, hopefully you guys enjoy them. A description on one of the pictures shows that this is limited to 1,000 pieces.

aeee5d76649c4a1261c4f1f3090a7a61.jpg

c24d48694ce4552828fd4894aa2c12f5.jpg

4850a8fa50806d72df6eafc9d711c210.jpg

f2d561763f08a5d64741c26cb3958e1a.jpg

10638f68cae92752dcd8c1ad23cf2b8c.jpg

58a3301263d929f46bc234a993376613.jpg

5c5cd44626fd72eb72768e88061cf0f7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm... not digging the finger point hand and I kind of wish the hand in the second shot was facing forward doing a force push or force choke instead. I also feel like the angle of the saber is a bit awkward when he's only holding it with one hand.

EDIT: After watching the YouTube video, it looks like there is a left arm that fits my description above, so that's cool.

Yep the two hands on the saber is the one I'll be going with, I even got the poster with the same post I'll be hanging on the wall....

Hmmm... not digging the finger point hand and I kind of wish the hand in the second shot was facing forward doing a force push or force choke instead. I also feel like the angle of the saber is a bit awkward when he's only holding it with one hand.

There's a second right arm with a closed fist instead of the saber, which I think looks good with the switch-out force arms.

There's a second right arm with a closed fist instead of the saber, which I think looks good with the switch-out force arms.

^^^ Agree, the closed fist right arm looks good with the force arms.

Sure took SS long enough to update the ES on this piece. I agree with others - two hands on the saber is the way to go.

My goodness...so much more strict attention to detail, more lights then I dared dream and the snow base... This is going to such a home run.

I'm really surprised he's still available. Considering the character, pose, the Hoth environment, the lights I think he might become sought after once he's released - provided IS ups their quality from the Spidey. They have the ability, because their AoU Cap is an amazing piece.

My only guess as to why it's still available is the higher than normal price.
And the fact that SSC had theirs released few months ago. Dunno how many (including me) that were patiently waiting for a new Vader PF and jumped on it when it was first announced thinking it would be the only PF released "reachable" (XM, I'm looking at you)...

Oh... was I wrong... IS came to the rescue with this masterpiece!

Two hands on the saber gets my vote.
In that pose, he looks like he's getting ready to re-arrange the interior of Echo Base. LOL!

Two hands on the saber gets my vote.
In that pose, he looks like he's getting ready to re-arrange the interior of Echo Base. LOL!

I see such a bada** Vader in this pose. Really reminds me of the ending of Rogue One and how furious he was when he didn't get what he wanted.

Back