Iron Spiderman Paint Rub

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pmtz2005

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well after working a 17hr shift yesterday on only 2 hrs of sleep you couldnt imagine my excitement to come home and open up my Ex Iron Spidey which UPS delivered yesterday. After opening up the shipper and checking out the color box I couldnt wait to open this bad boy up.
So I open it and immediately check the condition of Spidey and of course my luck have it I find a pretty noticeable paint rub on his shoulder :horror. Damn it what a drag. There was a little chip on his chest but it wasnt bad and I couldve lived with that. Has there been any problems with any other pieces as far as paint issues?

On a side note other than that issue this statue by far is my favorite. Caps shield and ironmans head make this piece what it is.

Anyhow I'll probably send it back. For $300 that rub is just too big. I don't know, what do you guys think? Would you send it back? Am I being too picky?

ironspidey007.jpg

ironspidey005.jpg

heres a pic with the flash on....
ironspidey003.jpg

Personally I would send it back.
SS have a great returns service and you wanna make sure you can get a replacement before they all run out, if the 'Ironman Curse' is anything to go by.

Not counting the shipping etc, $300 is a lot to spend when its not mint and you not entirely happy with it.
Just my thoughts
x :wave

It's SS still has stock to exchange... I'll say "send it back"... If there's no more stock, just keep it and repaint by LCS.. ;)

Couldnt you just get a gold paint pen and dab it a little?...returns are such a pain and this seems like a simple fix

Glad to here you like the statue man, sorry to hear about the paint rub when I just told you yesterday I didn't hear of any issue's with the statue.

Couldnt you just get a gold paint pen and dab it a little?...returns are such a pain and this seems like a simple fix

You would have to have the exact same color.. maybe sideshow should offer touch up kits..

With the paint issues on the stealth iron man, I called sideshow and asked them what color of paint it was. They gave me the brand name and what colors that the artist used. This was before I sent it back. Its cool that they will give you that info. Only thing is that once you touch something up yourself you can't return it. Since the Spidey is still new I think im gonna send it in. Now if it was too late and there weren't any replacements then maybe I would do a little touch up myself, but thats last resort :lol

With the paint issues on the stealth iron man, I called sideshow and asked them what color of paint it was. They gave me the brand name and what colors that the artist used. This was before I sent it back. Its cool that they will give you that info. Only thing is that once you touch something up yourself you can't return it. Since the Spidey is still new I think im gonna send it in. Now if it was too late and there weren't any replacements then maybe I would do a little touch up myself, but thats last resort :lol

Sorry to hear about your Spidey. You're doing the right thing by sending him back. He's a very nice piece and the Ex definately makes it even more BA!

Would you still remember the paint info for the SIM, I need to touch mine up.

Thanks

yes, definately ship him back.
myself and others have had some minor scuff/rub marks on the top of his head, just from him slightly rubbing from shipping.
i kept mine since it really wasn't even noticable, but yours is definately very noticable.
ship him back and don't even give it a second thought.

yeah you can notice it..i would send it back. i was lucky enough to get mine in flawless shape. he is so BA! He looks really cool between my SS Wolvie and Thor

They wouldn't give me any paint info for my 1:1 Iron Man bust.

Send it back. It is noticeable and with the money you paid Sideshow should make you as happy as possible. I know it's a pain sending it back but it's even more of a pain with that paint rub in the back of your mind just eating at you.

Got mines this week and was disappointed that this had paint issues. It is now on its way back to SSC and get an exchange.

Sorry to hear about your Spidey. You're doing the right thing by sending him back. He's a very nice piece and the Ex definately makes it even more BA!

Would you still remember the paint info for the SIM, I need to touch mine up.

Thanks

Ya in fact I still have the paint. When I spoke with the lady she told me they use Tamiya and another brand I cant remember. The color she said was a Tamiya transparent blue. The color I found was Tamiya x-23 clear blue. You can find it on ebay. Heres a copy of the email...

The factory paint on the Iron Man suit is a three stage paint.

-base coat (silver)

-color (transparent blue)

-gloss coat (high gloss)

Because of this it is difficult to do color matching, but it can be attempted by the skilled or brave.

An airbrush is recommended for large areas of repair. If it is small chips, it can be repaired using a brush by hand.

- Lightly sand the area that needs to be repaired (600 grit sandpaper works fine).

- Base coat the area in silver.

- Allow to dry

- Apply transparent blue TAMIYA brand paint (depending on what area needs to be fixed) over the silver base coat.

- Allow to dry thoroughly.

**If using a brush, dab the paint rather then brush it on. This will lessen the chance of visible brush strokes.

We can only recommend this technique to individuals that are familiar with these types of paints and materials.

Good luck.

Please note once a repair is attempted, the piece is no longer returnable to Sideshow Collectibles.

Its a good thing I bought it cause my replacement has a tiny scratch on his arm that I have yet to touch up. The rest of him is fine though.

Well good luck let me know how it comes out....

Ya in fact I still have the paint. When I spoke with the lady she told me they use Tamiya and another brand I cant remember. The color she said was a Tamiya transparent blue. The color I found was Tamiya x-23 clear blue. You can find it on ebay. Heres a copy of the email...

The factory paint on the Iron Man suit is a three stage paint.

-base coat (silver)

-color (transparent blue)

-gloss coat (high gloss)

Because of this it is difficult to do color matching, but it can be attempted by the skilled or brave.

An airbrush is recommended for large areas of repair. If it is small chips, it can be repaired using a brush by hand.

- Lightly sand the area that needs to be repaired (600 grit sandpaper works fine).

- Base coat the area in silver.

- Allow to dry

- Apply transparent blue TAMIYA brand paint (depending on what area needs to be fixed) over the silver base coat.

- Allow to dry thoroughly.

**If using a brush, dab the paint rather then brush it on. This will lessen the chance of visible brush strokes.

We can only recommend this technique to individuals that are familiar with these types of paints and materials.

Good luck.

Please note once a repair is attempted, the piece is no longer returnable to Sideshow Collectibles.

Its a good thing I bought it cause my replacement has a tiny scratch on his arm that I have yet to touch up. The rest of him is fine though.

Well good luck let me know how it comes out....

THANK YOU VERY MUCH KIND SIR....

You :rock2

Back