Statue Iron Patriot Quarter Scale Maquette by Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These photos look great!

I have to disagree. Even the newer pics look bad to me. In fact, I think I see blotches in the mold as well...or uneven areas. The red paint is prob the worst areas...esp on the head. I'm sorry, if you guys are happy with it, congrats, but to me, there is no way this is what you paid $400 for. I would try to get a partial refund at the very least.

I think it's better then the original photos... But still there are issues and bad areas... This should be at least as good as GG paint apps... and it's not IMO.

I think he have to show us the bad parts not the good parts of its pics. But that one is better then my for sure

From some guy on FB...

6c78bc5f6fbeabfc0e25d38d5e4c28bd_zpskpvef8ti.jpeg

a96e2434c95b0338d39f2b5325aabce4_zpscbaageio.jpeg

Here are some photos from BMR on facebook.... He is frustrated again (first time was CR superman). He was a big time SSC advocate and if anyone has seen his youtube videos you know he has a lot of their stuff and has praised SSC time and time again... He even avoided doing a video for Red Hulk because he did not want to put out a negative video about SS... But after the Chris Reeve Superman he decided to speak bout his frustrations...

Here are the photos. He says it looks great from afar and that the base is beautiful... But the paint ruins it..

11182318_10206776707205737_4040896101520309239_n.jpg

Paint apps around this star is as bad as anything I have seen from any company..

10394061_10206776707725750_933082102294597385_n.jpg

he said his camera could not pick up the finger print smudges in this shot..
11010290_10206776708285764_5292244272622753176_n.jpg

What is that black mark on the forehead???
11048778_10206776709725800_6847239958284573711_n.jpg

11182150_10206776710125810_3461299019499540532_n.jpg

11012696_10206776710485819_8413356322124771139_n.jpg

Looking good from afar...
11156325_10206776704445668_393102809051410715_n.jpg

oh my...the lines on even the "good one" are far from clean. my fingers crossed for the rest of you guys...

I've just abandoned all hope I had for the MK II & III :gah: :banghead

My thoughts exactly... :(

I am not even getting this piece but I am just so frustrated to see this...

I can handle not getting an IM for my collection... But SSC seems to be cutting some strange corners... And what's worse... they don't seem to care about the downward spiral of quality. :(

Having said that.. They still kill it with some pieces (Keaton Bats, King and Gladiator Hulk, Comic Superman etc..) But I don't get how this piece even gets out of the factory.

Hope it's alright that I'm putting light up pics in another post. I will keep adding as I go along.

Zoom into the head and waist in these photos. It's still horrible, but looks good from far away. The quality of these photos is excellent, not that paint app in them. Big smudge under right eye. Red pain all over silver paint, everywhere, especially the right side of body.

My thoughts exactly... :(

I am not even getting this piece but I am just so frustrated to see this...

I can handle not getting an IM for my collection... But SSC seems to be cutting some strange corners... And what's worse... they don't seem to care about the downward spiral of quality. :(

Having said that.. They still kill it with some pieces (Keaton Bats, King and Gladiator Hulk, Comic Superman etc..) But I don't get how this piece even gets out of the factory.

It seems they do much better with materials where they don't have to paint a lot. Paint is definitely where they seriously cut corners. G Hulk is the exception...relatively low QC issues and a great looking piece. Anything that requires serious precision like IM pieces, they just don't put enough money towards the paint. I really hope they see the problems and either stop giving people subpar painted statues or just discontinue IM products.

I think he have to show us the bad parts not the good parts of its pics. But that one is better then my for sure

Zoom into the head and waist in these photos. It's still horrible, but looks good from far away. The quality of these photos is excellent, not that paint app in them. Big smudge under right eye. Red pain all over silver paint, everywhere, especially the right side of body.

I can get super close on those parts but it would basically be like posting the same thing everyone else is posting. I'm also about showing how it looks at a 'viewing' distance.

Some of my shots I believe, are still close enough that any faults do stand out and some of you have definitely been able to point them out. With that being said the helmet stands out as the roughest part hands down. On the body there is paint bleed into different areas and some of the black lines aren't as clean as I would like them to be for sure.

When I had taken pictures of the Mark VI maquette when it came out the same responses were thrown around and that ended up being sought after by some people. Overall the piece I received is ALMOST comparable with my Mark VI, I will examine more closely as I got these pictures out for everyone on the forum to see. If I can get a replacement helmet with a clean paint job that would balance out the rest of the statue as I did mention the helmet is the roughest part. The War Machine maquette still has the best overall paint job out of the maquettes so far.

Last edited:
I can get super close on those parts but it would basically be like posting the same thing everyone else is posting. I'm also about showing how it looks at a 'viewing' distance.

Some of my shots I believe, are still close enough that any faults do stand out and some of you have definitely been able to point them out. With that being said the helmet stands out as the roughest part hands down. On the body there is paint bleed into different areas and some of the black lines aren't as clean as I would like them to be for sure.

When I had taken pictures of the Mark VI maquette when it came out the same responses were thrown around and that ended up being sought after by some people. Overall the piece I received is ALMOST comparable with my Mark VI, I will examine more closely as I got these pictures out for everyone on the forum to see. If I can get a replacement helmet with a clean paint job that would balance out the rest of the statue as I did mention the helmet is the roughest part. The War Machine maquette still has the best overall paint job out of the maquettes so far.

now show us the cheadle head:lol

Understatement of the year. Sideshow needs to get this statue back and have a company-wide meeting on how unacceptable it is to send a statue like that, to a customer. They also need to go to China, with the same statue, and start making examples out of people. QC this bad should not be tolerated at any level. SS is developing a bad reputation and needs to do everything they can to reverse the situation. They need to do something major, at this point, as it looks like they're doing nothing to improve their QC.

:goodpost: But, as Sara has noted the Sideshow Iron Man line has had consecutive QC disaster releases as far back as the Mk 6 maquette which released in 2009 or 2010. Iron Man members here have been practically begging Sideshow to do something, anything, with regards to fixing the QC that plagues pretty much all their Iron Man products yet here we are half a decade later having the same conversations and seeing the same problems. Nothing is changing with one exception - the retail price is going up. If Sideshow ever wonders why their reputation has plummeted they need to look no further than their Iron Man line.

Back