Statue Iron Patriot life-size bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Sadly it doesn't surprise me with a response like that. Mine was purchased through Secret Compass and I was offered a credit that they also matched and applied it to a different item. They really should have cast the cannon in a lighter material, I have a feeling that over time the mount will develop cracks due to the weight of the cannon.

What was the issue with yours?

I don't see anything unreasonable with what the retailer said.

I don't exacty have a problem with what the retailer said but it almost seems like he's blaming me for being picky. Also, it's seems sideshow only gives you so many times to get a replacement on their screwed up product before you become an issue for them. What!? This just makes me want to stop collecting. Where does it go from here? QC is unbelievable lately. It's not like they are rushing their products out. Everything gets pushed back for months, sometimes years at a time.

Mine has a noticeable dull spot on the top of the head as well as missing silver paint on the faceplate. Small issues but for the price there should be none and the head should be easily replaced since it is a separate piece. Like I said before, this is not my first issue with their quality control. I have returned a few and kept a few and repaired them myself.

You're never going to get a perfect piece. That's what I've learned through the years. Don't get me wrong. There's a difference between acceptable and not and for the price, people are entitled to satisfaction. It does suck though when you pay this much and you're excitement is quickly dulled. It's happened to me far too many times. I only have one Iron Man life sized bust - the Mark III. I don't know how I avoided the QC horror stories, but I did. Don't know if I'll push my luck again though.

I don't exacty have a problem with what the retailer said but it almost seems like he's blaming me for being picky. Also, it's seems sideshow only gives you so many times to get a replacement on their screwed up product before you become an issue for them. What!? This just makes me want to stop collecting. Where does it go from here? QC is unbelievable lately. It's not like they are rushing their products out. Everything gets pushed back for months, sometimes years at a time.

Always suspected Sideshow did this, based on what that retailer writes I guess it is true. Customers who are 'picky' get flagged.

Also, no replacements? A new low.

Always suspected Sideshow did this, based on what that retailer writes I guess it is true. Customers who are 'picky' get flagged.

Also, no replacements? A new low.

Has this been confirmed though? What retailer told you that?

Has it been confirmed? I would say so unless you think he's lying. I'm not going to put his name out there. I dont want to hurt his business just because I disagree with him.

I do recall another member saying he returned a few statues then he recieved an email from sideshow stating they couldn't sell him anymore statues because they couldn't meet his standards.

Has it been confirmed? I would say so unless you think he's lying. I'm not going to put his name out there. I dont want to hurt his business just because I disagree with him.

I do recall another member saying he returned a few statues then he recieved an email from sideshow stating they couldn't sell him anymore statues because they couldn't meet his standards.

A member here?? I'd like to see that email - no statues at all??

That other member has now been banned. At least if it's who I think you mean.
Think he returned three IM LSBs, three Galactus & a couple of IM LSFs.
He also encouraged people here to smash their LSFs with a hammer before sending them back.

That other member has now been banned. At least if it's who I think you mean.
Think he returned three IM LSBs, three Galactus & a couple of IM LSFs.
He also encouraged people here to smash their LSFs with a hammer before sending them back.

Ah. Well, that explains it. That's bit much. How can you have that many returns??? QC definitely has its own faults, but they're not THAT bad.

there have been reports of collectors being banned by SS on more than one occasion. My understanding is that they were "too picky" and returned too many products. Of course like everything else, there are 2 sides to every story, and the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

The thing that really irritates me is receiving the line that "we have no better replacements for the crappy statue you received." Really?!? Your replacements are flawed? This makes no sense whatsoever.

there have been reports of collectors being banned by SS on more than one occasion. My understanding is that they were "too picky" and returned too many products. Of course like everything else, there are 2 sides to every story, and the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

The thing that really irritates me is receiving the line that "we have no better replacements for the crappy statue you received." Really?!? Your replacements are flawed? This makes no sense whatsoever.

That's happened to me once. I just returned the piece and that was that. It sucks, but my bank account was happy. It was my Iron Spidey Ex. though....still never fully 'recovered.' The paint app. on that piece was never my 'friend.' Wasn't meant to be.

Planning to get one next month in Dubai. I see not many collectors having it? I want to see more pics. On youtube- Only 2 videos of it.

Here you go buddy, some pics of mine :)

ae8595df0f03a67fe903f0c7d32e3eb7.jpg

7ace43b0ae0635b6d610dad41aa52d62.jpg

999c9a93272a8190dca299cc372d6956.jpg

7b18a8bb1027b42aec0f412de3d1fbf8.jpg

wow that is really beautiful. Looks very rugged & aggressive. So what's that light at the base?

Thanks buddy :) As I mentioned in my review on my display thread, the pics actually make the bust look better than it does inhand (funny cos it's usally the other way around with the piece looking better inhand due to a bad pic) :lol but in all honesty, the bust is totally not worth the $1K price tag...not even close! At best, its about as good as the SSC MKVII lifesize bust and even that was overpriced at $799 :slap

The paint apps on the IP bust is what really lets it down for me :( totally flat paints with paint bleeding and bubbles under the surface of the paint, bad lines...to mention just a few flaws. I was really disappointed I must say. However, the sculpt is really good and you can tell its been scanned from a digital print of the movie...and its extremely heavy not to mention HUGE with a nice added touch of the shoulder canon.

I'd certainly advise collectors to think twice about ordering this piece...to sum it up, its just not worth the asking price :(

Thanks buddy :) As I mentioned in my review on my display thread, the pics actually make the bust look better than it does inhand (funny cos it's usally the other way around with the piece looking better inhand due to a bad pic) :lol but in all honesty, the bust is totally not worth the $1K price tag...not even close! At best, its about as good as the SSC MKVII lifesize bust and even that was overpriced at $799 :slap

The paint apps on the IP bust is what really lets it down for me :( totally flat paints with paint bleeding and bubbles under the surface of the paint, bad lines...to mention just a few flaws. I was really disappointed I must say. However, the sculpt is really good and you can tell its been scanned from a digital print of the movie...and its extremely heavy not to mention HUGE with a nice added touch of the shoulder canon.

I'd certainly advise collectors to think twice about ordering this piece...to sum it up, its just not worth the asking price :(

Totally agree with you on the price. How is your shoulder cannon mount holding up? I tried mounting mine on the right side and there is so movement in the mount it causes it to droop which looks like ****. It seems fine on the left side so far. I really wish they would have made the actual cannon piece lighter, I just find it is a little too front heavy.

WOW. Thanks for the advice. It would costs around 1K Plus over here as Shipping charges + tax + profit etc. But I will look at it again at the shop next month in Dubai. The shop sent me many pics via watsapp to me & it's so tempting to get it :D.(They have 5 in their stock).

You are usually really positive about your IM busts, even with flaws... I guess this one must really suck. Sorry to hear man.

Yikes Andy, sorry to hear this IP bust was another bust :lol for you and other collectors, definitely not fun to read.

SS Marvel IM line continues to be cursed.

Back