Statue Iron Patriot life-size bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, that looks really good. I hated the character in the movie (he was simply useless) but I got admit that this is a nice collectible. Good acquisition guys!

Damn, that looks really good. I hated the character in the movie (he was simply useless) but I got admit that this is a nice collectible. Good acquisition guys!
I Agee 100% statue looks awesome and he was useless in the movie.

Grats Groot! Looks ace.
Paint looks much better than any IM Bust.

Would be nice if they added shoulders, looks like someone just pulled his arms off.

I sure damn hope so buddy cos after the whole MKVII debarcle of receiving two shades of red for the head and torso, that bust left me a little underwhelmed I must say :( even though Sideshow eventually sent me a replacement, you still cant get passed the lacklustre arc reactor design or the frustrating non attempt at making the faceplate look remotely metallic :huh :(

Anyway, onwards and upwards....Iron Patriot is on the FedEx van and ready to be delivered as we speak....please Sideshow, make it a good'n :pray:

I sure damn hope so buddy cos after the whole MKVII debarcle of receiving two shades of red for the head and torso, that bust left me a little underwhelmed I must say :( even though Sideshow eventually sent me a replacement, you still cant get passed the lacklustre arc reactor design or the frustrating non attempt at making the faceplate look remotely metallic :huh :(

Anyway, onwards and upwards....Iron Patriot is on the FedEx van and ready to be delivered as we speak....please Sideshow, make it a good'n :pray:

so u got it>?

so u got it>?

Indeed I did bro plus the new Captain America PF so it was double trouble for me last night :yess: and boy, you weren't joking about the IP being heavy!!!! :horror man, that box weighed a ton! So anyway, me receiving it yesterday was the good news but the bad news was that I didn't get a chance to open it :( Unfortunately, i get home from work around 6pm, play with the kids until bedtime which is around 7:30pm, then play with the wife until around 9pm :lol :lol and then its off to the local gym at 9:30pm for another workout!!! :yess: by the time i got home i got as far as unpackaging the Captain America PF (which is totally sick by the way!!) :rock but didn't have time to unpack IP :(

Pictures please

Tonight is the night buddy...i'll get a few pics ready to post up this time tomorrow :rock

Until then you can have these pics ;)
bf71d83a72ed279d965bc91e26fe33ab.jpg

90a2c4fd9158ad871a4fa8846382f5aa.jpg

f2050c6bde52103c39e94d04c9761af7.jpg

Last edited:
Got mine today... Paint app is horrible!

I got mine for Xmas from my wife. There is a dull area on the head as well as a missed spot of silver on the head. According to Sideshow there are no replacement pieces, big surprise there. I also noticed that there is about a 1/8th inch play in the cannon when mounted on the right side resulting in it drooping slightly. I am getting sick of their "quality control", I have had issues with the last four pieces that I received from them. I am going to shim the cannon to get it back in place but for the price of this I shouldn't have to do **** to it.

Yuck... those black lines look horrible. :( And way too much paint globbed on in the corners.

Sorry you got a piece like that. No replacements, huh? I think Sideshow's crap QC is starting to reflect in their sales
on these Iron Man pieces. So much so that they are making just enough of them to fill orders.

Yuck... those black lines look horrible. :( And way too much paint globbed on in the corners.

Sorry you got a piece like that. No replacements, huh? I think Sideshow's crap QC is starting to reflect in their sales
on these Iron Man pieces. So much so that they are making just enough of them to fill orders.

Here is the response I got back from my retailer I purchase from. Do you think I'm being unreasonable asking for something back rather then going through replacement?

Hi Charlie

We have been doing business together a long time and I want to keep being your #1 guy, but I just want you to know that this will be difficult. For pieces like this, it's not realistic for a customer to go over them with a fine tooth comb and then say "ahha, a tiny defect, i want some money back if i'm going to keep this."
I agree, the paint is a little off on this but these kinds of items are hand assembled and hand painted by humans and no 2 pieces are exactly alike. I could replace this with another bust that would look fine along these lines, but then one of the lines in the front could be a little off.
This is the nature of the product, they aren't hand made with machines and to have lines go a little off on the back of the piece with nothing else wrong, I personally would not push for an exchange on something this unnoticeable.

I pushed hard to get a credit on your War Machine bust and worked overtime to sort out the problems with the Megatron and I don't think it makes sense to go to Sideshow again with a push to get credit on this Iron Patriot bust, they are keeping tabs on customers, credits, and issues like this and if I were you, I would save the complaints and requests for credit for something serious like a defect to the face, or chips, or something else a lot more noticeable.

As far as the cost, you got this for $979.95 with free shipping and this cost us $150 to ship to you, so you basically got this for $829.95 which is FAR better than i think you would get this for anywhere else.

Please do not make me go to Sideshow with a push for a replacement or credit over something this unnoticeable, especially at $150 a pop to ship them one way.

Last edited:
Sideshow should give him a job.
Maybe they trained him on BSing the customer who hands over his hard earned cash for a so called 'High End Collectible'.

Sideshow should give him a job.
Maybe they trained him on BSing the customer who hands over his hard earned cash for a so called 'High End Collectible'.

Agree I would ask for full refund, this isn't A $100 bust its 0ver $900, the nerve on that guy, that's why it's better to deal with sideshow straight , retailers sometimes give such A hard time

Wow! Sadly it doesn't surprise me with a response like that. Mine was purchased through Secret Compass and I was offered a credit that they also matched and applied it to a different item. They really should have cast the cannon in a lighter material, I have a feeling that over time the mount will develop cracks due to the weight of the cannon.

Back